PDA

View Full Version : Best way to minimze scratches on textured surfaces

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Kevin Brown
08-21-2001, 12:29 PM
Since, I had another topic on Connolly Food for home leather sofas, I thought about people using it on car leather seats. Anybody think it is better or worse compared to other leather conditioners or treatments?

Brad B
08-21-2001, 01:26 PM
I have used it in the Jags for years. I like it.

:bounce

BradE
08-21-2001, 02:39 PM
I have used it in some Rolls-Royce`s over the years and liked it. If you use it, make sure you dont sit in the car seat for a few hours after.

imported_Kevin Brown
08-21-2001, 03:53 PM
My friend has a new LS430. He doesn`t know what to put on his seats. Will Connolly work as good on the LS as the Jag and Rolls? The leather from the LS is different then the Jag and Rolls for sure.

Brad B
08-21-2001, 03:55 PM
I`m sure it would work fine. Lexol, Eagle One and Zaino are also good products that I have used for leather.

BradE
08-21-2001, 05:05 PM
I would think that it would work, but I have never put it on leather that was not Connolly. But, if you dont want to try it Lexol is good stuff. They make a Leather Cleaner (Orange Bottle) and a Leather Conditioner (Brown Bottle). I use the Lexol stuff in my Lincoln and in a few friends cars and I have been very happy with it.

imported_Kevin Brown
08-21-2001, 06:59 PM
Thanks gentlemen for your responses. :bounce

BradE
08-21-2001, 07:21 PM
99ESMAX,

Not a problem. Helping each other out is what this fourm is all about. If you go with the Hide Food, lets us know how you liked it.

imported_Kevin Brown
08-21-2001, 07:32 PM
I`ll let my friend know about Connolly. I`ll probably help him with the application and at the same time observe how the Hide Food reacts with Lexus leather.

ShinyThings
08-21-2001, 07:34 PM
I came across the following website that sells Lexus Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. Don`t know if these are Lexus-approved but your friend with the LS430 may want to give it a try.

http://www.lexuspartsmall.com/cgi/osgroup.cgi?g=LCP (`http://www.lexuspartsmall.com/cgi/osgroup.cgi?g=LCP`)

imported_Kevin Brown
08-21-2001, 07:43 PM
Who makes the Lexus leather conditioner and cleaner? Has to be one of the major brands or a well known Japanese company. Thanks for the help. :)

BradE
08-21-2001, 07:50 PM
99ESMAX,

If you go with the Connolly here is some tips to apply it. If the leather is dirty at all I recommend that you clean it first. Lexol Leather Cleaner works great for this. To use the Lexol Leather cleaner, get a damp terry towel and spray the cleaner on to it. Rub the towel together to create some suds, not much just a little. Work the cleaner into the leather. After take a damp terry towel and wipe down the seats, this will "rinse" off any suds that remain on the leather. Now to the Hide Food, put it on with a soft, clean terry cloth towel. Use small amounts, but enough to cover the leather and evenly apply it. Let the Hide Food sit on the leather for at least 30 minutes, you can leave it longer if you like. This allows the leather to absorb the oils in the hide food. Then buff off the conditioner with a soft terry towel. Then let the seat breath for a few hours before sitting in them. Some do this in the evening, and buff the seats off before they go to bed. That way the seat can breath overnight before you sit in them.

The seats will look and smell like new.

Good Luck!!

imported_Kevin Brown
08-21-2001, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the directions. I think my friend will lean towards the Food and Lexol cleaner. Guess the Hide application directions work the same for home leather sofas also? Lexol good for home leathers?

ShinyThings
08-21-2001, 10:14 PM
No, I don`t know who makes it or, like I said, whether it is Lexus-approved. I just came across it while looking for accessories for my Lexus. FYI, I`m using Lexol for my leather seats.

BradE
08-22-2001, 10:06 AM
99ESMAX,

Yes, the same thing with hide food would apply to home sofas. I dont know about the Lexol cleaner on a sofa. I have never tried it before, but, I suppose it would work great also.