PDA

View Full Version : Best Leather Brush?

Pages : 1 [2]

bigpoppa
11-14-2009, 05:15 PM
I just bought this one from PAC. It has short natural bristles... lathers very well.

It`s small and fits easily in your hand... and it`s only 3 bucks!

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/classic-motoring_2079_4713126

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/br-176.html

This one works great for leather/dashes/door panels that are in decent shape to begin with. You can buy 3 of these for the price of one Swissvax leather brush.

HOWEVER, on surfaces with more soiling, I feel the Swissvax brush does a little better job at getting things 100%. I keep both brushes on hand.

dennn
11-14-2009, 05:54 PM
If you need a leather brush quickly and do not want to wait to have one purchased online, go to a decent department store that sells some name brand leather shoes. Leather brushes for leather shoes are quite gentle in my opinion. The leather used on shoes are sometimes less rugged than leather seating surfaces. I have a pair of Hugo Boss shoes that I clean with a $6 leather brush. A decent leather shoe brush is very gentle to the touch, but the bristles are stiff enough to offer some good scrubbing power.

As mentioned, microfiber is still a good idea. Even the worst quality microfiber towel is still very very gentle on leather. Leather brush, although very gentle, just doesn`t feel right when used to scrub on delicate leather surfaces. My opinion.

Husker Z
11-14-2009, 10:05 PM
If you need a leather brush quickly and do not want to wait to have one purchased online, go to a decent department store that sells some name brand leather shoes. Leather brushes for leather shoes are quite gentle in my opinion. The leather used on shoes are sometimes less rugged than leather seating surfaces. I have a pair of Hugo Boss shoes that I clean with a $6 leather brush. A decent leather shoe brush is very gentle to the touch, but the bristles are stiff enough to offer some good scrubbing power.

As mentioned, microfiber is still a good idea. Even the worst quality microfiber towel is still very very gentle on leather. Leather brush, although very gentle, just doesn`t feel right when used to scrub on delicate leather surfaces. My opinion.

Very nice suggestion, thank you very much. I`m going to find something this week, I have a GMC Sierra in two weeks that has that two tone leather with the really light inset and it needs some brightening up.

Todd@RUPES
11-15-2009, 06:19 PM

Wow, great suggestion!!!

I personally use the brush mentioned above (3 dollars) for pretty much everything. I have a nylon bristle brush for heavily soiled areas.

imported_Dan O
11-16-2009, 11:32 PM
After seeing the Swissvax leather brush for $11.95, I went to my local grocery store and picked up a Kiwi shoe leather brush for $2.95. I believe the Kiwi brush is a little larger than the Swissvax, but uses horsehair so it is very gentle and will not scratch. The Kiwi brush works well for me, but I have not actually used the Swissvax so maybe someone who has could comment on the actual differences.

imported_doctordon
11-17-2009, 02:33 PM
After seeing the Swissvax leather brush for $11.95, I went to my local grocery store and picked up a Kiwi shoe leather brush for $2.95. I believe the Kiwi brush is a little larger than the Swissvax, but uses horsehair so it is very gentle and will not scratch. The Kiwi brush works well for me, but I have not actually used the Swissvax so maybe someone who has could comment on the actual differences.

9 bucks:thumbup:

The horsehair shoe brushes also do an excellent job on cleaning headliners.

imported_akimel
11-17-2009, 02:47 PM
I only detail our personal vehicles, and only my car has leather seats. They are in good condition and I have not needed to use a brush to clean them. On the recommendation of a guy at Autopia, I`ve been using a Scotch Brite sponge (delicate care) with my leather cleaner. I dampen the sponge with the cleaner and get it foamy and then apply it to the seat. Works for me, but as I said, I haven`t had to worry about really dirty seats.