PDA

View Full Version : My Prize Arrived Today

07Cayman
08-18-2001, 09:14 PM
Just became a member last week.

Great forum and a wealth of information.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Question: since drying the car is the biggest headache

(dust), is air drying acceptable. I have one of those real powerful shop vacs with detachable top to use as a leaf blower. I`ve never tried this but it would seem to make sense. Added plus is getting water that is trapped in smaller crevices blown away!

Has anyone ever tried this? Is it safe?

Car is `95 Infiniti J30t. Dark Green, Tan leather.

Just got the car and planning on claying, then using the Klasse AIO and SG followed by either the Pinn. Sov. or Blitz. Make sense? Any other suggestions. She`s in pretty good condition, a few small nicks on the front hood but really needs a top notch shine.

Love this car and plan on keeping her mint.

Thanks everyone.

ALM
08-18-2001, 09:23 PM
IHMO, id shy away from using the shop vac, if you get tiny particles in the air your blowing you may nick your paint.

On the other hand some people here use a shop vac to help dry their cars and they say is the greatest thing in the world!

Its your call!

ISLANDSBEST
08-18-2001, 09:54 PM
Hi. I use a Toro Pro electric leaf blower. It works well. Start from the top, and work down. You will need a towel, to wipe up the few, small drops that remain.

Do a search on "blower" and you will see my other posts. The blower is great, works well, no problems, AND it will handle that nagging problem, water spots that come from water that slowly drips out after you have supposedly dried the car.

Don2000g
08-19-2001, 12:36 AM
Your selection of products and your thoughts on how to use them are sound. Just make sure to let the Sealant Glaze sit for a minimum of 20 minutes before buffing out. I have both the Souveran and Blitz and am big fans of both of them. Blitz is much more durable though. You will love the results. Laters.

bmw5541
11-13-2009, 05:06 PM
I just received my package today from the Big Kahuna Giveaway.

Once again, I would like to thank PAC for their generosity.

Here it is. I can`t wait to give it a try.http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab248/bschultz5541/IMG_1386.jpg

tthomp82
11-13-2009, 05:08 PM
In a word I am "jealous"

Congrats on the win :clap:

imported_Luster
11-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Very Cool!!!! Just another great perk to being a part of this Detailing Community. Again, props to PAC for this great give-away!:thumbup:

imported_broker99
11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey Congrats again. Let us know how you like the products.

bmw5541
11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
In a word I am "jealous"

Congrats on the win :clap:
Thanks. I pretty psyched!

Very Cool!!!! Just another great perk to being a part of this Detailing Community. Again, props to PAC for this great give-away!:thumbup:
Thanks Bill,
This place ROCKS!!!

Hey Congrats again. Let us know how you like the products.
It might be a little while, since I just did my BIG fall detail, but as soon as I use it, you guys will be the first to hear about it.

Old Pirate
11-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Now that was quick, glad you got it to maybe try out this weekend!