PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever bought a car & knew immediately...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ISLANDSBEST
08-18-2001, 04:04 PM
I am looking for something I can put my frequently used detailing stuff in, that I can wheel out to the car, a cart or cabinet on wheels.

Some of the shelves should have doors (to keep towels from getting dirty). Some shelves should be open, but with a lip, for frequently accessed bottles. I have checked some industrial suppliers, but found nothing that fits the bill.

Any recommendations?

nerdhunters
08-18-2001, 04:20 PM
Me to ! What`s out there?

Bobby G
08-18-2001, 04:51 PM
Oh geez! I guess I better get some skates for Holly. That would do it.

Ron Ketcham
08-18-2001, 05:14 PM
They have both home use units that can be used for what you are looking for. Check Target or other consumer stores.

We use the commercial units in all our shops, but they are open and have no doors, don`t need them commercial shops that are managed, if the managers aren`t on their toes of course, things come up missing.

FastHappy
08-18-2001, 05:59 PM
got mine at the home depot. it is a cart with 2 doors that have hooks that you can hang things on and 2 handles on the side that are great for hanging spray bottles. it has 2 shelves on the inside. it works great but is too small for all of my stuff. then i would need a tractor trailer for all of my stuff, hahaha. there is several brands and designs that i have seen as well. skates for my wife??? hhhmmm...

tim

ISLANDSBEST
08-18-2001, 08:47 PM
LOL - good tips and good humor. Thanks. I will check out the tips.

Any other ideas are welcome.

ISLANDSBEST
08-18-2001, 10:35 PM
Wow, check these out!

http://www.rubbermaidcommercial.com/action.lasso?-Response=smpage.lasso&-Token.Name=&RCPNOsearch=6172-88 (`http://www.rubbermaidcommercial.com/action.lasso?-Response=smpage.lasso&-Token.Name=&RCPNOsearch=6172-88`)

Now, does anyone have any additional recommendations (that are not quite as expensive). ;)

Ron Ketcham
08-18-2001, 10:41 PM
We use the ones in this section, keep in mind that ours are used 5 to 6 days a week, 51 weeks out of the year.

When that is considered, they are not expensive and most we have are two to three years old with not breakage or problems.

You get what you pay for in most everything.

ISLANDSBEST
08-19-2001, 12:00 AM
Yes, Ron, I could see it would make sense for you. Those carts look great. For an individual, well, I am pretty fanatic (I do use a leaf blower to dry my car), but as much as I would like one of these carts, I cannot justify spending $700. On the other hand, ;)

Don2000g
08-19-2001, 12:47 AM
Darbh, those carts look very nice. However, the price is ridiculous. I`m sure Brad just makes his own.

ISLANDSBEST
08-20-2001, 03:48 AM
LOL :D

Re the price, I said the cart was $700. It`s not. It`s $798, call it $800. And, that is without the optional adjustable shelf and the bumper kit, which take it up to about $855! With tax (Calif), that`s over $900. A HEPA filtered garage starts looking cheap!

Anyone know of other, cheaper alternatives?

cahlroach
08-20-2001, 07:44 AM
Check out restaruant supply companies. A couple of years ago, one of my neighbours bought a cool cart with heavy duty castors, rugged shelves and a cabinet, from a restaruant supply place for $200 or $300. It was modular, like elfa stuff sold at the Container Store, so you design your own. This neighbour has since moved away, so I can`t get the source from him. Good luck.

ISLANDSBEST
08-20-2001, 05:42 PM
Thanks, I will check it out.

cahlroach
08-20-2001, 05:57 PM
Check - http://www.metro.com/index.cfm (`http://www.metro.com/index.cfm`)

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have a cart from these folks that I use for home theater equipment. It`s very sturdy.

YoSteve
08-20-2001, 05:57 PM
Highjack an airplane and get one of their beverage carts :D

darbh, have you considered making one. for $700 i`ll make you one. I`ll even put the Klasse twins and Blitz on it for free so it`ll last long. :p