PDA

View Full Version : ONR - Getting ready for winter

Pages : 1 [2]

imported_Bunky
11-12-2009, 07:36 AM
I had used the 2BM method with ONR once and forgot which bucket was the ONR bucket. They looked the same after a few sections.

As I use it, I have expanded my work area compared to when I started such as doing 1/2 the roof instead of 1/4 of the roof before going back to the bucket but then I am pretty liberal with the ONR (mitt is dripping wet and drizzle it on the paint prior to applying the mitt). I can mix up 3 gallons and have at least 1 gallon left for the wheels but that only works when they are basically clean. I have seen the videos of cleaning wheels with ONR and they are basically clean to start with. ONR is good but not that good.

bmw5541
11-12-2009, 09:57 AM
I use ONR and love it. I also use the 2BM with ONR in my rince bucket,and a grit guard. I also agree that you must start from the top and work your way down. Do the lower pannels last. As Luster said, use warm water when the weather is cooler. During the colder months, it is not necessary to do one pannel at a time. You can do larger sections, as you don`t have to wory about the hot sun drying the car before you can wipe it down.

As for cleaning the wheels, first spray them with a wheel cleaner or APC, and then wash them with the ONR using what ever brush or mit you like. That should help remove the severe break dust.

imported_akimel
11-12-2009, 10:01 AM
The way I figure it, if Scottwax, who uses ONR exclusively now in his details, can safely use ONR with one bucket, then so can I. So I use one bucket and a grit guard. ONR is supposed to encapsulate dirt particles and drag them to the bottom of the bucket. I hope it works.

imported_Bunky
11-12-2009, 11:38 AM
The way I figure it, if Scottwax, who uses ONR exclusively now in his details, can safely use ONR with one bucket, then so can I. So I use one bucket and a grit guard. ONR is supposed to encapsulate dirt particles and drag them to the bottom of the bucket. I hope it works.

I tend to see more crud stuck to the side of the bucket at the water level that has to be wiped out when I am done...running water does not dislodge it is a slimy consistency.