PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Mak or a PC

Pages : [1] 2 3

ISLANDSBEST
08-17-2001, 12:36 AM
This is a great forum, with great people. Do you visit any other car care or car product sites? What do you think of them?

Brad B
08-17-2001, 07:36 AM
I have looked at many of them. None compare. <strong class=`bbc`>Autopia is tops![/b]

t platz
08-17-2001, 12:41 PM
I frequent/have frequented many online forums and mailing lists over the last few years...detailing, cars, music, bands, etc...this is *by far* the most civil and helpful one I`ve ever found. This is as good as it gets, guys! :D

Gary

YoSteve
08-17-2001, 12:45 PM
There`s a site that I like, only sells one product :D but has a chat room :)

ISLANDSBEST
08-17-2001, 06:42 PM
Thanks, all.

Yes, I agree, our forum is great. What I really like is the mutual respect. And the low level of insult . . . it gets up to mild ribbing and occassional harsh statements, but little actual flaming.

Any other car care or product sites you all like?

Don2000g
08-18-2001, 09:34 AM
About 2 years ago I used to like Autosupermart until I began to catch on to the unscrupulous practices going on there. Carcareonline is pretty good. But none is better than this one. Laters.

nerdhunters
08-18-2001, 12:37 PM
I agree with lordkelvin, the civility is great on this site, I like to visit an M5 site, http://www.bimmer.org/m5/messages/ (`http://www.bimmer.org/m5/messages/`), but a lot of the discussion is ridiculous and way off track.
This site is the BEST.

99323ic
08-18-2001, 02:24 PM
I`m in the same boat. I came here from VWVORTEX, where I found too many "kiddee`s" whining and flaming each other (especially in the 1.8T forum).

Autopia has something that was supposed to happen with the explosion of the Internet, but just never did; a sense of community.

I find that every time that I visit I find something new and feel like I "live" in a wonderful town.

As for my purchases, I have only purchased from CMA & Griot`s. Both are high quality, but I think that CMA is the bomb. Plus, living on the opposite coast from them, means that I get my stuff next day for the ground price!! Unfortunately, Griot`s is in the opposite corner and it takes over a week by ground.

I have heard nothing but good things about TASCAR, and will probably try there sometime, too.

Don2000g
08-18-2001, 02:32 PM
Tim`s service is unbelievable. If you are unhappy with any product, he`s nice enough to refund your money. He sends emails veryifying when he sends the products and frequently asks you how you liked the products and his service. Tough to beat. Laters.

Bob Post
08-20-2001, 08:46 AM
I frequent this place because they have the best

info and it`s all free and honest! The info is not

set up to "sell" product, just for info purposes.

It`s the best! Carecareonline is "OK", but does

not have enough info and product, plus no forum.

Dolphin463
08-20-2001, 09:19 AM
I used to buy from carcareonline but have found two MAJOR differences since switching to CMA and TACS: Klasse and Miracle Towels. For some reason, carcareonline carries neither. They are still predominantly a "carnauba-based" detail shop and they have very little synthetic products. I called one time and asked them about microfiber towels and they said they had the 3M version. Worthless. Otherwise, I have found their products and service to be very good but no better than CMA or TACS.

08-20-2001, 09:59 AM
This is my favorite forum - another one for buying stuff and getting good advice/suggestions is carcareonline.com...also carfanatics.com is pretty good as well as tacscar.com....motorhead.net has alot of neat stuff too

boywonder
08-20-2001, 11:30 AM
I am on both this site and www.autodetail.com. I like it here because I am learning new tricks and tips for keeping Maxine pristine.

However, as it has already been pointed out, I am on Maxima.org.

imported_broker99
11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Not computer but polishers. Do you prefer a dual action or a rotary. I prefer to use my Makita over my PC because the PC is too slow for me. I do find times that the PC comes in handy. Works well for applying sealant with a gold pad and I like it in tight areas with a 4 inch pad. I have never used a flex but I have always wanted to try it out. Just wondering because the PC has had a rebirth with KBM.

imported_RaskyR1
11-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I`m all 3! ;)

I like to start with the rotary and finish with the Flex or PC.