PDA

View Full Version : Finally Used My PC 7424XP

rmccall6
08-15-2001, 09:36 PM
Today my mom was comming home from vacation and i wanted to do something nice. Well seeing as im addicted to car detailing, i just thought i`d give her 330ci convertable a good afternoon "wash-n-wax" I washed it with AutoInt`s surface shampoo (BTW, props to wolfsburg for the generous sample, and your "a" should be ariving real soon), deep cleaned the wheels and tires w/ EF HI, Mothers Convertable Top cleaner, and some Tarminator for some nasty tar spots on the fenders. Then w/ my handy dandy PC, i gave it a much needed coat of protection with one application of AIO. Finnaly i cleaned the windows with Invisible glass, and 303`d the tires. All i have to say is that the car has never looked better after so little time spent on it. The one app. of AIO looked better than the hours i spent with multiple aplications of polishes and wax. Given, it didn`t look as rich or wet (or fast) as the BMW 850 i just did which received 3M Machine glaze, AIO, SG X2, Blitz, but the car looked great. Being as I`m am an Autopian, i of course later put on a coat of SG. Just wanted to let people know how this stuff just keeps amazing me.

QUIK4DR
11-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Took all weekend and spruced up the 2003 Dodge Ram. I used Meguiars #82 Swirl Free Polish. I could have used a stronger polish I believe but the truck still looks good compared to the finish I started with. I started off with a bath in Dawn dishsoap. I then did a full Clay Magic treatment. I then went on to use the Meguiars #82 and finished up with two coats of Z2 and two more coats of Z5 with Z6 in between each coat. I also have a bottle of the Z-CS Clear Seal. I put a coat on the top half of the drivers door to compare the longevity of that on top of the Z2/Z5.

The truck has been sitting outside after I bought the Charger so it has 4 years of weather on it. It had only been waxed a couple of times in those 4 years. Needless to say the finish was getting pretty dull and lifeless. It still has some marks in but it has taken on a whole new glow after the 12 to 15 hours I put into it. I think a harsher cut polish would have helped greatly. I gained some experiance with my new PC and right now that`s good enough for me.

On another note, I don`t know how you professionals do it. My arms and shoulders are yelling at me pretty bad. LOL! You don`t realize how much paint is on a truck until you take a buffer to it. Thanks everyone for the tips and directions offered on this site. I plan on taking on the Charger next, after my arms start working properly again.:biggrin:

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/4DEATER/Truck%20And%20front%20Fascia/004.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/4DEATER/Truck%20And%20front%20Fascia/005.jpg

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/4DEATER/Truck%20And%20front%20Fascia/021.jpg

Old Pirate
11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Your Hemi looks great from your pictures, After so many details one gets use to it..............

imported_Luster
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
On another note, I don`t know how you professionals do it. My arms and shoulders are yelling at me pretty bad. LOL!

Haha! I usually detail quite a few vehicles between April and October. It tapers off after that. But the VERY FIRST DETAIL of spring..... Oh my gosh! You`re right, arms and shoulders! (being a "senior" makes it worse!)

I`m usually doing 2-3 per week, so I stay in decent shape... But if I skip a couple weeks and then do another one, I`m sore all over again!:out:

The truck looks GREAT!:biggrin:

QUIK4DR
11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks guys. It still has some light spider webs and some deeper scratches but it`s a truck and I use it. It turned out very well over all and I`m pretty pleased with it. I would have spent more to have it done to this level than what I spent on the PC and the polish so it was a good investment.:clap:

bmw5541
11-09-2009, 11:10 PM
I know how you feel. I just lost my PC virginity as well, and I was quite sore myself.

Great job on the truck:thumbup:

QUIK4DR
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks bmw5541. It is very rewarding when you finish isn`t it.

teamerickson
11-10-2009, 01:36 AM
I got one about a month ago and I love it. I was telling my wife that I should detail her parent`s cars but after I did mine I changed my mind. I enjoy doing it (for about an hour :)). I need to break it up to two or three days so I do a better job.

bmw5541
11-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks bmw5541. It is very rewarding when you finish isn`t it.

It really is. You just need to remember to do a small section at a time.

Puckman
11-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Looks awesome. Good practice for the Charger and like you said, it`s a great feeling when you do it yourself.

tthomp82
11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Great job on the truck....

as for the soreness in the arms... there is a remedy for that... a little time spent in the gym:w00t:

...sorry, my sports medicine major is kicking in again, I will have to tone it down.

QUIK4DR
11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Yes tthomp82, I will agree to that 100%!!!! :biggrin: