PDA

View Full Version : Do you allow food and drinks in your vehicle?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mx5
08-15-2001, 11:56 AM
I know Klasse is the best protectant for your vehicle and I am going to start using it. But what is the best caranuba based wax out there to put over it? I love the dark beautiful shine Zymol Carbon gives but it doesn`t last long. Blitz specialty I hear is dust collecting. I have not heard anything bad about Pinnacle or P21S. I do not plan on using the Klasse sealant glaze at all. I also like the lasting effects of Meguiars #26 but it seems to haze pretty easily in the humid climate I live in. Thanks for all of your free advice.

mx5
08-15-2001, 12:01 PM
Just sounds too difficult to get off, in case I don`t like the extreme candy coated look SG creates, thats all.

mx5
08-15-2001, 12:11 PM
I am hoping I will not need to polish my car. That is why I am going to use the AIO, to save time. I will try a fender first and see if it really cleans like it says it does.

rmccall6
08-15-2001, 12:30 PM
I would go ahead with the SG. If you don like the look then just strip it off with another aplication of AIO (i beleive that will strip it...) I like having 2-3 coats of SG to really bring out a high, "candy" shine. THen with one coat of Blitz, the shine sinks into the paint and the color becomes a little richer so what you end up with is a shine thats rich and deep like a wax, but only shinier.

KR CoolShine
08-15-2001, 02:27 PM
Use the SG! Then cover it with your favorite carnauba wax. I am using Pinnacle Souveran. Take a look at the XJR in my signature. The XKR is a pre-forum carnauba-only job (2 coats Zymol Concours).

ihetenyi
08-15-2001, 07:00 PM
Use the SG! I found it very easy to remove even on a humid afternoon (if you can ever call Ohio humid...) without a QD. If its that much of a workout then you are over using the product. Blitz is a great topper.. it took a lot of the `candy` edginess out of my red paint and added more warmth to the car. No static problems either. Souveran and p21s all get good marks on dark cars... can`t stray to far with any of those waxes.

Koyaanisqatsi
08-15-2001, 11:26 PM
Definately use the sealant glaze. I tadds to the shine even if you are using a topper. I use AIO 5 coats of SG then put the 3m Perfect it wax over top and have been very pleased with the results. The 3m doesn`t last quite as long as the blitz but it doesn`t stain trim white or attract dust nearly as bad. It`s costs about the same as blitz too. I used AIO and SG on my wifes Milano Red Honda Civic and loved the look of the SG on it. The higlights on edges with SG are spectacular. I liked it so much I didn`t cover it with carnuba. Put AIO and SG on and see if you like it. If you want more depth out of it put a carnuba on. At least you know you have the SG protection under the carnuba then.

Don2000g
08-16-2001, 08:32 PM
The sealant glaze is an unbelievably awesome product. Can`t believe that you have some fear of using it. First of all, its not difficult to remove. Any paint cleanser will remove it. And if case you`re not aware, the Pinnacle cleansing lotion is an excellent one. Very safe to use. Many regulars here use it on brand new cars. So don`t worry so much and try the Sealant Glaze on one panel at least. Laters.

imported_Luster
11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I allow drinks under the following conditions:

1. It must have a tight fitting lid.
2. It must fit correctly in a cup holder.

Food? One simple word. No.

Do you allow food and drink in your vehicle? (See Poll Questions Above)

A. Food and Drinks are both OK, I`ll clean it up!:cornut:

B. Drinks only but no food.:biggrin:

C. Food only but no drinks.:)

D. Don`t even get close to my car with food or drinks!!!!!!!:cursing:

Mobilejay
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I allow food and drinks, but only adults. Not kids

John M.
11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I allow food and drinks under strict conditions. All food contents but stay in the bag and the bag must be securely closed and the same as you mentioned on the drinks. I would only allow drinks (probably just water) but this is my only car and being a college kid I need to pick up food pretty often :D

But everyone knows if they spill something in my car I will bring the beat down!

imported_Flash Gordon
11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Food and Drink is not a problem 4 me. I just left Sam`s club and slammed a Nathans Hotdog and Monster drink on my way home :drool5:
I even have a food and water bowl for my dog that is used daily :driving:

The only thing I won`t allow is glitter. You ever tried getting that mess out of carpet...I have and have come to the conclusion that it can`t be done :out:

imported_Luster
11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Food and Drink is not a problem 4 me. I just left Sam`s club and slammed a Nathans Hotdog and Monster drink on my way home :drool5:
I even have a food and water bowl for my dog that is used daily :driving:

The only thing I won`t allow is glitter. You ever tried getting that mess out of carpet...I have,and its impossible :out:

Haha..... yeah, Costco has the same deal for $1.50!!! What a bargain..:tongue::thumbup:

Glitter? Never had to contend with that! But I`ll bet it`s tough to get out!

Tuck91
11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
No, I dont ever bring food and drinks in my own truck, much less let anyone else.

All it takes is one spill in bewtween the seats, and you have the most tough cleaning task of your life.

I also believe food ( especially takeout or fast food) leaves an odor for a few days. I dont want my truck to smell like a fast food resturant.

imported_Luster
11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
I allow food and drinks, but only adults. Not kids

Good plan. :rofl:;)