PDA

View Full Version : First Time With M205

Pages : [1] 2

Clean Dean
08-12-2001, 01:12 PM
Alright I have to be a believer that Klasse and Zaino Bros. polishes are the current saviors of the detailing world. However, does anyone out there believe that there is a product (polish or wax) worth mentioning amongs these two heavyweights. I have grown attached to a product named Formula 113. This polymer wax has cleaning agents, and is so easy to apply with a beautiful wet shine. I have found this product to be effective on minor swirls, and fairly durable for a cleaner type/wax. I have had a problem with the silicon based caulking that was used to seal the cap of my F150. I large amount of this black "caulk" was running down the side of my bed following rain storms. The car shampoo I use was completely ineffective in removing this run off, but about a nickel sized portion of 113 on a very soft terry cloth removed this caulk in minutes. This wax also does not leave any residue near molding and emblems.

Does any one out there know of any similar product worth mentioning, I have also heard good things about a wax product known as "Wizards". Any comments?

DETAILKING
08-12-2001, 03:59 PM
no thanks......

MidLife Cruiser
08-13-2001, 08:15 AM
The Formula 113 stuff is an okay product. However, I would not put it in the same class as Klasse or Zaino. Some time back Mike Prisco alienated darn near everyone on this board with his claims and his tirades about anyone who didn`t think his product was the absolute best. Last fall, I e-mailed him and he sent me some products for me to try. He sent me a bottle of BeadX quick detailer, his clay, a bottle of Formula 113 and an applicator. I tried all of it. The clay is a fine product. The BeadX is quite good also. Formula 113 is easy to apply and it worked quite well at producing a shine on a fairly neglected finish. However, it did not last very long. My final answer:

Prisco`s clay is better IMHO than Meguiar`s (I haven`t tried anyone else`s). His BeadX is a very good quick detailer (however, it`s a little pricey). Formula 113 is a quick way to get a nice shine for a short time. However, I think there are less expensive products that will do that. Personally, I`d rather spend some more time and effort for additional protection.

Husker Z
11-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Detailed a 2009 GMC Acadia, Metallic Blue, first wax it`s ever had. First of all, I got to use my new Griot`s Foamer and man, it`s super sweet, wish I would have purchased one of those a long time ago.

Anyway, fired up the 7424 this morning with an orange LC pad (the criss cross cut one) with my new bottle of M205 and all I can say is WOW!!! I couldn`t believe how that deep blue popped after a single pass with that stuff. I honestly didn`t think I even needed to follow up with the BFWD, but I enjoy using it so much I just had to.

I didn`t get a chance to take pictures, the camera was gone and the camera on my phone would not have done it justice. It looked like you could swim in it.

Anyway, had a nice day with this GMC and had a GREAT turnaround on a nasty interior and also got a nice $50 tip.

Now, if my Huskers can figure out a way to win this game my day would be absolutely PERFECT!!!!

Tuck91
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Glad to hear it! I felt the same way when I first tried M205, made my truck look like liquid red wet paint!!! :clap:

Husker Z
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh and using a Magic Eraser on that lower plastic stuff was a great tip I learned somewhere. Especially when following it up with Z16, :clap:

imported_Luster
11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
What have I been telling you?!!!!!!! LOL!

I`m glad you liked M205. I feel the same way. Whatever M105 leaves behind, 205 finishes... and does a fine job too!:biggrin:

Husker Z
11-07-2009, 10:15 PM
What have I been telling you?!!!!!!! LOL!

I`m glad you liked M205. I feel the same way. Whatever M105 leaves behind, 205 finishes... and does a fine job too!:biggrin:

After using the 205, I may have to invest in the 105. This car, for never being waxed, had very few swirls, if any, so the 205 was perfect.

I should have listened to the professor!! :thumbup:

imported_Luster
11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
After using the 205, I may have to invest in the 105. This car, for never being waxed, had very few swirls, if any, so the 205 was perfect.

I`ve done numerous single step polishes with M205. It is truly an awesome product.

I`ve also done some single step details with M105! The first time, it wasn`t deliberate. But it looked so good when I was finished, I called it good and applied the BFWD!

It all depends on the paint and how much work it needs.

Husker Z
11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I`ve done numerous single step polishes with M205. It is truly an awesome product.

I`ve also done some single step details with M105! The first time, it wasn`t deliberate. But it looked so good when I was finished, I called it good and applied the BFWD!

It all depends on the paint and how much work it needs.

I know everyone gives rave reviews on it all the time, but I`m going to give it one more, that BFWD is just an unbelieveable product. Everytime I take my big MF wax removal towel and start to take it off, I just smile. It seriously comes off with the weight of the towel, WOW!!

bmw5541
11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
I keep seeing the M105 M205 combo. It seems to be the latest rage. It seems as though everyone is using it with great results. I may have to try it when spring rolls around.:thumbup:

imported_Luster
11-07-2009, 11:44 PM
I keep seeing the M105 M205 combo. It seems to be the latest rage. It seems as though everyone is using it with great results. I may have to try it when spring rolls around.:thumbup:

I`ve tried many polishes and compounds. There is no doubt in my mind, that M105/205 is the absolute best compound/polish available for the PC. Dramatic difference over any other products!

bmw5541
11-08-2009, 12:03 AM
This will be the first thing I purchase after I get my PC:thumbup:

Husker Z
11-08-2009, 12:13 AM
This will be the first thing I purchase after I get my PC:thumbup:

The PC is key!

Legacy99
11-08-2009, 01:40 AM
205 still needs to be finished down. Menz 85rd or Ultrafina will jewel and refine 205. This has been discussed a 1000X. 205 does look good, but just doesn`t have the gloss that 85rd or ultrafina can give it. Blackfire WD after an IPA wipe down and you have a winner.