PDA

View Full Version : Products with alternate uses

Pages : [1] 2

RedVR6
08-10-2001, 02:28 AM
Whudduya think?? I like it.

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/08_01/08_08/02.jpg

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/08_01/08_08/index.shtml (`http://www.vwvortex.com/news/08_01/08_08/index.shtml`)

crimbeaux
08-10-2001, 09:25 AM
I`d like it more if it was an S4!

Looks nice though.

rstype
08-10-2001, 12:04 PM
Looks nice. Clean, crisp lines. Seems like BMWs 3-series convertible has some competition. I hope they have a S4 version coming out... actually I wish they didn`t, or BMW would have too much competition.

soontorn_chawal
08-10-2001, 11:01 PM
Looks good, better than the new A4 sedan imo.

DaGonz
08-11-2001, 05:42 PM
:cool: <strong class=`bbc`>Sweet![/b] :cool:

FussyBob
08-13-2001, 03:07 PM
Hope it comes in a S4 version!!

Tango

`01 Audi S4

Cactus Green/Silver

Borla Exhaust/ V1

RedVR6
08-14-2001, 01:40 AM
That is all I would need...more decisions. Haha! :D

YoSteve
09-22-2001, 04:20 AM
very nice, but would like to see in a different color :)

smfrycruzr
04-19-2002, 02:52 PM
it`s reviewed in the new ish of C&D...looked horrible with the top up IMHO...audi`s are better and better yearly though!

imported_Intel486
04-19-2002, 05:07 PM
wow... that is very good lookin...

ghaa there are too many cars to chose from...

medic
05-14-2002, 01:22 PM
anyone know how much stiffness you lose with the converible. I just figure if the stiffness is really down, an S4 model wouldn`t make as much sense since you still wouldn`t be able to push the car

RedVR6
05-15-2002, 01:30 PM
If I am not mistaken, it is stiffer than its sister the hardtop A4. I caould be mistaken though...but I remember reading that in European Car or the like.

02 t-wrex
05-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Road & Track had a First Drive article on the A4 Cabrio last month. Unfortunately at the moment it is only available with FWD and CVT transmission (a really cool auto trans, but still an auto :( ) The cabrio is also 300 or so pounds heavier than the hardtop A4, bringing it up to a VERY hefty 3800lbs! Quattro models will be released in late 2003... maybe we`ll get lucky an they`ll make a S4 cabrio! Especially now that it is rumored that the new S4 is going to be a lot more powerful than previous models.

Personally, I think it looks `````in! If I had to choose between an A4 cabrio and BMW 330 convertible I would have to think loooong and hard ;)

imported_TLMitchell
11-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Another last-ditch-effort post to deprive Luster of the Big Kahuna......

Every once in a while I find a very good use for a detailing product that were designed with a totally different purpose in mind. Some are intentional experiments.... using sealant on glass shower doors, Westley`s Bleche White on a lot of stuff that requires a stout cleaner, KAIO on jewelry.... Then there are the total accidents.

Cleaning glass streak-free, no spots missed, even in the corners, has always been an Achilles heel. On vehicles I started hitting whatever I was working on with the halogens and double-checking with the Brinkmann with good results. However, around the house is a different story. The Spring and Fall window cleaning exercise always resulted in frustration. You need direct sun to see what you`re doing but cleaning windows in direct sunlight is a useless endeavor. So I do the shady side of the house first and the south side just before sunset. And everything looks great....... right up until the sun starts streaking through the glass the next morning. "Streaking" being the operative word! Spots and corners missed and what appeared gleaming the evening before looks like total crap in the light of day.

So I`m out in the Garage Mahal this morning spritzin` a little spray wax on one of the bikes. Looking at the garage windows I`m thinking I *really* oughta clean them inside and out before winter sets in. They`re cruddy and look like crap. Then again, they`re probably gonna look like crap when I get done too. :::shrug:::: So as I`m spritzin` away not paying much attention to what I`m doing I send a spray over the bike and on to the windshield of the truck. I amble on over and give it a wipe with the MF and noticed how clean and haze-free it comes off, even in the corners. And the light bulb lights inside my otherwise vacant hat perch. :out:

Today after cleaning the house windows inside and out I tried out my new discovery..... and the windows are not only clean they`re gleaming! And I expect they`ll stay clean longer and stuff won`t be sticking to the glass near as much. The Brinkmann sez there`s no streaks and the corners are clean.

I`m here to tell you Meg`s Ultimate Quick Wax is an excellent LSP for windows! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

TL

Old Pirate
11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Try ARO, great for cleaning your tires and wells and also great cleaning power for your gutters too!