PDA

View Full Version : Black WOW Trim Restorer

Pages : [1] 2

Robbo
08-09-2001, 05:09 AM
I just bought Klasse and was wondering if a microfiber should be used in applying it? Or can I use a foam applicator? If I use foam, Do I have to keep the foam applicator damp? like they recommend the microfiber pad to be damp also? Thanks.

Scooderduder

Andre'
08-09-2001, 05:16 AM
I only use foam , you don`t need to dempen it. I think the MF Applicators absorb to much product.

Robbo
08-09-2001, 05:23 AM
Andre, do you use the same microfiber towel in taking off both the all in one and glaze? Or do you need to use different towels? Same with the foam applicators. Do I use 2 different ones or can I use the same to apply both? Thanks.

Andre'
08-09-2001, 06:35 AM
Never mix applicators , toweling or outher detailing tools with different products.

YoSteve
08-09-2001, 10:56 AM
I find that the mf applicator works really well on AIO (damp) the applicator tends to get dirty because of all the oxidation and dirt you remove from the super effectiveness of the AIO. In that sense the mf applicator works well. I then take the applicator with left over AIO on it, wet it a little and scrub down all the windows (and dry to a perfect shine with a clean MT)

With the SG its a toss up, but I lean towards using an applicator sponge.

Mindflux
08-09-2001, 11:03 AM
DAMNIT STEVE!!

Quit using my name in every one of your posts! Cripes =)

MF

YoSteve
08-09-2001, 01:32 PM
we all know what MF really stands for :D (this is too funny)

99323ic
08-09-2001, 02:43 PM
I`m with HenryK. I used the MF pads supplied with the Klasse Concours kit I bought at CMA. I found that they work really well and there is not a significant amount of absorbtion.

For reference, I`ve got a thread with detailed instructions here someplace. Take a look at: http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=1143 (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=1143`) which will also include some photographic persuasion ;)

Don2000g
08-09-2001, 07:36 PM
There`s nothing wrong with using microfiber towels to apply AIO. I just side with Beau, Richard, Andre and Brad B. Nothing but foam. You use less product and application is easier. Consequently you do the same quality of job but at a quicker rate. A few others have attested to this. Laters.

YoSteve
08-09-2001, 09:44 PM
(we really need just one post dealing with this topic)

Don, I have a question.

I use AIO as a cleanser more than as a wax. That is I sorta need to do a little scrubbing with an mf pad. I find that I wouldn`t be able to achieve this with a foam pad and that it would rather just lay AIO on top rather than cleanse the paint.

Am I correct in my function of AIO, or do I have it totally wrong?

Don2000g
08-09-2001, 11:04 PM
I certainly understand your logic. I`ll always remember what good old Brad B. said. His thoughts are certainly valued here on our great forum. "Foam for everything." Nuff said.

I`ve used foam for All in One and achieved awesome results. Cleaned the paint extremely well. I use foam for Finesse It 2 and get great results as well. No need to scrub or press very hard.

I just get the impression that foam pads are SAFER on paint than a microfiber applicator pad. I`m very picky with regards to which microfiber towels touch my paint. So far only Miracle Towels and sometimes neatitems towels. Not microfiber applicator pads. I get the sense that they will slighltly mar the paint a bit more or give you a little more light swirls than foam applicators would. Just my .02

YoSteve
08-09-2001, 11:35 PM
Thanks for replying Don, the only way for me to get off those little specks of metal specs turned rust it to rub it a little.

Don2000g
08-10-2001, 05:23 PM
Rust? Why does your car have rust? You don`t belong here. Get out of here! Hehe! Laters.

YoSteve
08-10-2001, 05:57 PM
for those of you who who don`t know (not you don, you`re the one who told me what they were to begin with) that think my car has rust (check out the pics on my page) these are specks of rust on top of my clear coat caused by foreign contamination. they come off with a little rubbing

Robbo
08-10-2001, 07:35 PM
I just received my Koala towel. Do I have to wash them before using? Or are they ready to go? Thanks.

Scooderduder