PDA

View Full Version : BFWD Applied To Vinyl Decals

steve lehman
08-08-2001, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know which Meguiar`s products are the closest to Swirl Mark Remover and Finesit II?

JasonC8301
08-08-2001, 04:53 PM
Well, Meguiars doesn`t label their productd accordingly, but

1. Meguiars #9 SMR/Body Shop Hand polish/#2 fine cut ressembles 3M SMR.

2. The Body Shop swirl free polish is close to 3M Perfect It III machine glaze.

3. #1 medium cut is close to 3M Finesse It II.

Heavy Cut Ceaner #4 close to 3M fine Cut RC.

4. #7, #3, and #5 is close to 3M IHG.

Well this is just a guess at it based on my knowledge, 3M and Meguiars are different lines, but Meguiars uses a better system of naming UMHO with #`s, 3M has so many different product with a crazy naming system, even confuses me sometimes.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Dolphin463
08-08-2001, 04:55 PM
#9 is closest to the 3M swirl mark remover. I think their #2 fine cut cleaner is fairly close to Finesse-it. Meguiars also makes some machine polishes that are not numbered and are sold in quarts that may be comparable.

QUIK4DR
11-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I was curious as to wether BFWD can be applied over flat black vinyl? I use Zaino Z2 currently with no issues at all. I do not want to cause the vinyl to have a glossy look. I also do not want a white haze. I use the Z2 on every inch of the exterior including windows. Is this something that can be done with BFWD?

rockymountaindetail
11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I use it on the vinyl decals on my detailing truck. They are not flat black, but kinda chrome, so I can`t tell you it won`t make them shiny (enough BFWD could make rust shiny!!) but it doesn`t leave any haze or do anything to the surface I`m not happy with.

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/wewaxem/closeup.jpg

QUIK4DR
11-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Looks good rocky! I saw your other post with the pics of your truck. Very nice detail truck.:biggrin: