PDA

View Full Version : Zaino & Blackfire Wet Diamond

Pages : [1] 2

Clean Dean
08-08-2001, 01:44 AM
I have just placed an order for Klasse AIG and SG, and I picked up 2 bottles of Zaino Z2 and Z5. I cannot wait to try out these products on a lightly oxidized 1995 Isuzu Rodeo this Thursday. I will hopefully be able post the results this weekend. I was wondering if anyone out there ever tried a product named Liquid Crystal? I purchase a small metal container of this polish about 3 months ago at a large flea market. I tried this polish out on my 1997 Infiniti I30 and really had great results with regards to optical clarity and shine. I do not know anything else about this product, and even if it is still manufactured. If anyone has used this product can you provide some information about were it can be purchased?

DETAILKING
08-08-2001, 11:46 AM
Make sure you deal with your oxidation first with some 3M SMR, then dawn wash,and zaino the car. What products do you plan to use on the car?

Clean Dean
08-08-2001, 08:39 PM
I`ll take your advise about the 3M SMR, I have some in my storage closet, but I have never used it. I figure that I`ll use it with my Porter Cable DA. I am also planning on claying the car with the Mothers clay bar. I am ordering Sonny`s light duty (blue) clay tomorrow (any experience with?). I have only been using clay for about 6 months and I was able to remove a great deal of overspray on my Infiniti with the Mothers bar, however I am always looking to try other products. I am a big fan of Stoner`s IG and MSLT for tires. I was using Meguiars High Endurance, however I found that MSLT was easier to apply and clean off excess. I quickly wipe each tire down after a light application, and I believe that this makes the tires look new, not wet and sloppy. I also use their interior dressing and wipe down quickly after each application. When extracting carpets, I use Home Depots Zep Carpet Cleaner, and have had some good results. For leather I have been using Rightlook.com`s leather cleaner, followed by their conditioner. I have also been pleased with these products, however my only complain would be that their cleaner has a strong odor. For wheels I use Mequiars hot wheels, and have had some good results, however I am open to some suggestions for other products that are possibly more effective at a good price. I have been part-time mobile detailing for only 6 months, and I have a demanding full-time job, however I take great pride in my work, and I am not ashamed to say that I could use all the advise I can get out there. I currently participate in (4) other forums, and I have found this forum to be loaded with some excellent and knowledgible participants. Thanks to all !

ALM
08-08-2001, 08:52 PM
Are you going to use the Klasse or Zaino on your Rodeo?

JasonC8301
08-08-2001, 09:08 PM
I would try Eimann Fabriks Hi-Intesnity in place of Meguiars hot wheels, the Ef can be used to clean tires also. Plus its fairly cheap in large quantity.

In the interior which I suck at, I use just a plain vacumm cleaner, but hope to get a hold of an extractor or deep clreaner soon, dress with vinylex.

Tires, Trying for EF Black Opal, but Vinylex does ok for now. Rodered Bo last night along with Ef clear vision, gallon only $16 or so.

Hope this helps,

Jason

forrest@mothers
08-08-2001, 09:48 PM
Was a product sold by Turtle Wax in the early 90`s (check the package out - Liquid Crystal, Chicago, IL...)

It was their attempt at pursuing the Liquid Glass business at the time.

The effort failed miserably, and they discontinued the product.

DETAILKING
08-08-2001, 09:56 PM
eom

Clean Dean
08-08-2001, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the history Forrest!

JasonC8301: I currently use a Mytee-lite extractor. It was fairly expensive @$800, but it works great. I have received some very positive comments particularly from a number of customers who were in need of a deep carpet cleaning. I have also used the extractor for my personal home use, and have managed to pull some stains from my carpet created by my 3 yr old (monster) son. I didn`t do all that much research prior to the purchase, but my efforts to buy a compact portable extractor on ebay were fruitless.

Good Luck.

Clean Dean
08-08-2001, 10:25 PM
Steve9185:

The customer postponed the job until this weekend. I will have both products and will try each product on different quarter panel. Of course, I am good friends with this customer, and he does not object to the experiment.

I will post my results in my photo album.

ISLANDSBEST
08-09-2001, 02:05 AM
Clean Dean -- I presume you already know this, but you will need some Z1 to go with your Z2 and Z5, to be used as a base coat. Also, the Z6 Gloss Enhancer, applied after the Z2 or Z5, dramatically improves the depth of the shine. And, its easy to apply. The Z7 car wash was designed to work with these products. Zaino is easy to use and products great results. After the initial prep and based coat, adding additional coats is very easy.

JasonC8301
08-09-2001, 09:09 AM
wow! $800 for a carpet extractor? I was thinking more along the lines of $25 for a bissell little green deep clean machine type of thing.

I`ll go do my research and hope to find a good one and for cheap.

Thanks

Jason

imported_mobenzowner
11-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I have seen a post or two on this forum about topping Zaino Z2 with Wet Diamond. My son has a silver metallic 09 Tacoma that is currently wearing about 3 coats of Z2. For those that have topped the Zaino with WD what difference did you notice?

imported_User Name
11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Looks = None

Slickness = Mucho (more slick with WD)

Durability = Don`t know

imported_Luster
11-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I`ve added a coat of WD over Z2Pro... IMO it`s the same as adding another layer of Z2Pro. Perhaps WD is a little slicker, but looks pretty much the same.

imported_mobenzowner
11-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Thats what I figured. Thanks guys.