PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Finish Polish

Pages : [1] 2

BradE
08-07-2001, 01:21 PM
I am thinking of ordering the Klasse Concours Kit from CMA, but I have not made up my mind yet. I have always used wax, so that is why I am on the fence about ordering it. Does it really work like they say?

I am really fussy about the finish on my car. I want it to be perfect. Any thoughts about the Klasse products would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad.

ru1thirst
08-07-2001, 01:59 PM
Just run a search and I`m sure you`ll find your answer in the many posts about before and after. I have a 4 month old Passat and I was using 3m IHG and Blitz. Since, I`ve switched to 2 coats of AIO followed by 3 coats of SG and no wax. Without wax I can just add a layer of SG whenever I want. I`m in the process of adding one now as we speak. I did try a small portion of the hood with Blitz as a topper over the AIO/SG but couldn`t see a difference so went without. I thought maybe it was just me and all the hard work of doing the 5 coats process that it looked better to just me but I get tons of comments on how good the paint looks now compared to before. Pics in my sig below. Looks much better in person.

BradE
08-07-2001, 02:14 PM
ru1thirst,

Thanks for the advise, I will try the search. I am also using a wide varity of products right now, that is why I was considering the Klasse. I use a clay bar first, then Meguiars Clear Coat Body scrub on the rough areas. Then Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze. And finally a coat of Mothers 100% Carnuba paste wax. I dont really like the Mothers wax that much anymore. It is too hard to take off, and the finish is not very durable.

I was considering doing the clay bar and swirl remover, then the AIO, and a couple layer of SG and topping everything off with Pinnacle Paste Glaz (my car is Silver)

JasonC8301
08-07-2001, 02:28 PM
The Klasse will really bring out the silver in your car. I am going to place an order for the paste glaz tonight and see if it lives up to the good reviews I have read about it.

Heres a pic of a BMW 323 Ti. Silver with one coat of AIO, 4 of SG, and concours application of Blitz.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1483180&a=12829986&p=47944050&Sequence=0 (`http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1483180&a=12829986&p=47944050&Sequence=0`)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1483180&a=12829986&p=47944048&Sequence=0 (`http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1483180&a=12829986&p=47944048&Sequence=0`)

This car is in great condition, no wirls that I can see, minimal rock chips, maybe 3, tops. Sits in the garage all week and only drive the most three times a month, but when its driven it goes on trip up to Maine from NYC.

The owner of this car will bring over a black Acura integra that is in desperate need of attention. I think its a 95, not sure gotta check with him. There is probably acid etching in the paint, along with etching from leaves left on the car, swirls, and overly dull. I might need to rent a rotary for this one. This is set at a pending date.

Anyway, good luck with your car and happy detailing,
Jason

99323ic
08-07-2001, 02:28 PM
You can`t go wrong with Klasse!! In all fairness, Zaino is also worth a look. If you search through the archives, you`ll find that there is a large amount of conversation on the subject. I`ve put out some (lengthy ;) ) instructions on how to apply Klasse that have received good feedback that may prove useful.

Have at it !! And have FUN!!

BradE
08-07-2001, 02:34 PM
JasonC8301,

It looks like the Klasse did a great job on the siver paint. I too have heard good things about the Paste Glaz. I heard it holds up a little better than you would expect.

JasonC8301
08-07-2001, 02:46 PM
thanks for the compliment, I merely enhanced the paint, did not have to work hard, around 4 or 5 hours for everything by hand.

I heard it lasts for about 3 to 4 weeks, but is very easy to apply again, somewhere in the ballpark of 15 minutes to apply to a car. I`ll just have to test it out once I get it.

Jason

YoSteve
08-07-2001, 03:43 PM
IMO, I think Klasse people refer to Zaino to be PC, but we really know which one we like better :D

Don2000g
08-07-2001, 07:26 PM
SHOWOFF!

imported_Page
08-07-2001, 09:04 PM
Now, now...you folks start touting the Klasse products and the die hard Zaino fans will feel like they must step up to the plate to defend the "Zaino Way".

Lincoln,

All kidding aside. Klasse is a great product. Actually both Zaino and Klasse are great. I use Klasse, but Brad B, one of the original members on this site switched to Zaino on one of his cars, and loved the results.

It seems that some folks like Zaino on some colors, Klasse on others. I will say this, check out all the posts on Klasse in the detailing archives, and on CMA`s website. If you search for Klasse, you will pull up enough posts to keep you reading for hours, if not days.

Many here have differing views on how to apply Klasse. Some say dry applicator for Klasse Sealant Glaze(referred to as SG), some say wet. Read up on it, and see what would work best for you.

One other item on the Klasse twins(AIO, and SG). I am planning to try the Ron Ketchum(well, I call it that for lack of a better term) method of applying sealants.

I plan to apply two coats of AIO, waiting at least 4 hours in between coats. Then wait 24 hours, and apply a coat of SG, let dry for 12 to 13 hours, and then remove. Wait 24 hours, apply another coats of SG and so on...

Ron K has mentioned several times that the longer you allow the sealant to bond with the paint, the greater molecular bond with the paint, and the greater the shine when the product is removed.

I tell you it takes discipline not to drive your car down the street after one coat of AIO and SG and let the neighborhood car nuts drool over the shine, but the results will be worth the wait I think.

JasonC8301
08-07-2001, 09:10 PM
If you have it you gotta SHOW it OFF! Love the Show Off, I`ll be testing it soon on a car with Blitz on it. This weekend on the Blue Corolla.

This weekends gonna be busy!

Take it easy Don,

Jason

Jngrbrdman
08-07-2001, 10:43 PM
I would post pictures of how great Klasse did on my white Integra but it was too blinding. I fear that it would melt the film in the camera. One coat of AIO and 2 of the SG and my car looked better than it had ever looked before. Amazing! I was a little sceptical but now I sell this product to everyone. I have a car club in Toronto that wants to do a group purchase of the stuff. It is unbelievable.

Don2000g
08-08-2001, 08:15 PM
So glad you liked the results.

boywonder
08-09-2001, 09:26 AM
Well, I will be diving into the Klasse realm to see how well it works on an 8 year old Maxima. If it gives the results everyone says it does, I will be using it most often.

99323ic
08-09-2001, 03:07 PM
I found the instructions I meant to include on my previous post. Take a look here: http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=1143. (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=1143.`)

Although it may seem like a lot of work, the first time I did my car (which was brand new) I spent about a total of 8 - 10 hours spread out over a weekend. I found it really enjoyable and, of course, the results make the time spent worthwhile.

On the flip side, my wife called me obsessive and brow-beat me for weeks. She said I spent more time on the car than with her. I proved her wrong by stripping her clean, applied 2 coats of exfoliating scrub with my PC, then applied 3 coats of body lotion to all accessible parts by hand, buffing off with my Miracle Towel. She now glows like a baby`s bottom months later !!!!

(just to protect my self, the above paragraph is intended as a parody!!)