PDA

View Full Version : The one thing I plan to do before I die...

Pages : [1] 2

BillNorth
08-07-2001, 12:22 PM
Thank you to Brad B. I used PB on my black wax stained trim. It worked. All the wax residue is gone. It`s been 10 days, and no sign of it returning(touch wood). I just spread it on with my fingers, and wiped it off with a towel and then car washed it. Dawn and rubbing alchohol did nothing to remove the stains. PB was my last on hand solution. It also removed the stains that were left by the mothers back to black i used all of 2x. My trim looks like the day I got the car. Forget 303 and EF Black opal, I`m using PB to dress my black trim.

DETAILKING
08-07-2001, 12:46 PM
Skippy or JIF?!

Bob Post
08-07-2001, 12:50 PM
I heard the oils in peanut butter do help to clean trim, but

I like to keep my food on the table!

imported_gewb
08-07-2001, 12:51 PM
Choosey moms choose JIF!

Crunchy for matte and smooth for high gloss finish.

Adam

BillNorth
08-07-2001, 12:57 PM
DK, I used creamy. I don`t want the crunchy to scratch my trim. :)

Forget choosy moms, choosy detailers choose JIF.

Actually, I used Kraft PB.

HenryK, what`s EPDM?

MrPongoSS
08-07-2001, 01:04 PM
Looks like I will have to give this a try as I waxed my car and have some residue left on it :)

Brad B
08-07-2001, 01:44 PM
I told you it would work! And clean up is so tasty!

BillNorth
08-07-2001, 02:20 PM
I haven`t applied any PB to the EPDM seals on my car. I used it solely on the exterior trim to remove the wax stains. But after reading the article, I think I`ll be picking up some 303.

Tuck91
11-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Try every single tire dressing on the market. I seriously love trying new tire dressings. I just hope that one day I can say I have tried them all.

imported_Luster
11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Haha.... I`m with you on that one Nick!

I can`t say that about polishes, sealants, waxes or car washes, but tire dressings.... definitely YES!:out::biggrin:

Old Pirate
11-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Let me know Nick when you do. I would like to know how many are on this planet....

imported_glfahlc
11-05-2009, 06:49 PM
i`d like to know which one you find to be the best nick.... i myself would love to visit the football hall of fame.. and the corvette museum...

Tuck91
11-05-2009, 08:10 PM
I have only been detailing for a few years now, and in that time I have came across some really cool, great looking, and user friendly dressings. And then I have came across some dressings I just did not like at all.

bmw5541
11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I have only been detailing for a few years now, and in that time I have came across some really cool, great looking, and user friendly dressings. And then I have came across some dressings I just did not like at all.

I think you should post this list. I know that I would love to see what you think of all the different dressings that you`ve used.

What do you like the most and what do you like the least and why. That would be fascinating:clap::clap:

Tuck91
11-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I think you should post this list. I know that I would love to see what you think of all the different dressings that you`ve used.

What do you like the most and what do you like the least and why. That would be fascinating:clap::clap:

That does sound like a good idea. It probably wouldnt be smart of me to create this list off the top of my head, what I will do is make a little list of whats in my collection, what I like, what I dislike, why, etc etc, and start a new thread.

Sound good? ;)