PDA

View Full Version : Wall-Mounted Garage Vac.....

Pages : [1] 2

drmcetta
08-07-2001, 10:33 AM
what`s the best detergent to wash our detailing towels and applicators?

right now I`m using All Ultra with stain lifter...

is it safe to use Tide with Bleach?

one more thing, how about those Tide detergent tablets..is it ok to use them?

old_gonzo
08-07-2001, 11:07 AM
to use bleach with your detailing towels. I use Purex Liquid and have no problems at all.

Keep in mind that you do not want to add liquid fabric softener to the wash, nor do you want to add a dryer sheet to the dryer. These products can leave a residue on your towels, which will end up on your car`s finish.

If you happen to have Microfiber towels, always be sure to wash and dry them separately from cotton/terry towels. The MF towels will collect the lint from the terry towels = very big mess.

ISLANDSBEST
08-07-2001, 11:23 AM
Use a liquid without any bleach or whiteners. Do not use powders (not all grains may dissolve, leaving a grain which may scratch your paint). I use liquid Tide without bleach. After the wash cycle, I run the load through the "short wash" cycle, without detergent, so they are well rinsed.

tom p.
08-07-2001, 11:25 AM
arcticwhite makes a very valid point. I have tried many different detergents (what ever happens to be near the machine at the moment). I can`t say I have ever noticed <em class=`bbc`>any[/i] difference.

The others have suggested running the dryer either on low or medium and that can have some beneficial effect.

Others have also mentioned adding a little vinegar to the water to help break the bond (wax) if your towels/rags are loaded up.

If I have a real dirty rag/towel, it gets thrown up. Keep in mind that the BOSS might get <strong class=`bbc`>real pissed[/b] if you trash the inside to the washing machine with funk rags!

http://www.lut.fi/~pristins/Ph/gif/eyes.gif

scottybob1
08-07-2001, 12:30 PM
I use Liquid Tide in hot water. Drying is on cool tumble, just enough to dry. No bleach, no fabric softener. Tom makes a good point, if your towels and rags are really dirty, or greasy it`s a lot easier to toss them, then you getting tossed for mucking-up the washing machine. I`m speaking from experience....lol

cahlroach
08-07-2001, 12:53 PM
I use liquid Ivory Snow - Griots recommends this in one of their catalogs. I have no idea if it makes a difference.

[Edited by bobg on 08-07-2001 at 02:47 PM]

YoSteve
08-07-2001, 01:17 PM
as i`ve said before, I actually use dawn in my washer. Just as long as you don`t fill up water past half because it tends to sud in a volume equal to that of the water, but put it through two rinse cycles and its great.

Brad B
08-07-2001, 01:49 PM
Liquid All or Tide. Cool water. Tumble dry, cool.

Greek Guy
08-07-2001, 02:08 PM
Liquid Gain or Tide.

pingiii
08-07-2001, 02:22 PM
I use Tide Free. Supposed to be free of silicones and such. Recently picked up a bottle of Arm and Hammer free laundry detergent. But read the back of the bottle and although it did not have the dye or perfume in it, it did contain silicone and a fabric softener. So read the label on anything you purchase. I`m not sure you can believe any of the labels any more. Enjoy!

tom p.
08-07-2001, 02:31 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Bill Lessard [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>. Supposed to be free of silicones and such. Recently picked up a bottle of Arm and Hammer free laundry detergent...so read the label on anything you purchase. I`m not sure you can believe any of the labels any more. [/b]</blockquote>

does the label actually say silicone?? or do they call it something else??

YoSteve
08-07-2001, 03:37 PM
Wondering what the problem would be in using dawn, that is if our info on laundry detergents is so squirrelly, why consider it?

boywonder
08-07-2001, 03:41 PM
I use Purex Liquid and like the results.

imported_RIC
08-07-2001, 04:10 PM
Use a liquid without any bleach, whiteners, fabric softeners, perfumes or dyes.

Don2000g
08-07-2001, 07:39 PM
I use Simple Green. Works wonderfully. Actually, like Brad, I like liquid All. Liquid Purex also seems to work fine. I thought I was the only cheap guy here using Purex.

On a somewhat related vein, do any of you all wash your Miracle Towels in lingerie bags? I might resort to that to help my Miracle Towels last longer. I don`t like the possibility of the MTs changing again. Laters.