PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked This Up, Anxious to Try It

JasonC8301
08-05-2001, 12:43 PM
Hello all,

I was just sitting here and wondering why is there such a big difference in the price of Paste Glaz and Souveran. I think this was discussed before but I don`t remember if there was a clear answer.

If anyone here used Paste Glaz on a light colored car and a dark colored car is there that much of a difference between the two in terms of shine, depth, and slickness.

The Souveran is a very easy to use wax. Wipe on and wipe off and the results are amazing, on both dark colored and light colored cars. The surface is very slick, the towel just glides off the surface. My godaunt was just reading the product descriptions and comparing the prices and said why such a big price difference? I was like, I don`t know why? probably higher carnauba content?

I was going to put an order in for Pinnacle Paste Glaz and a gallon of CLear Vision but she made me come to you guys and girls for answers.

Thanks in Advance

Jason

Don2000g
08-05-2001, 01:04 PM
Good question Jason. Here`s one thought. I have a silver-grey car, more silver really. As you know, I have both the Souveran and the Paste Glaze. I`ve used both on my car quite a few times. So what did I notice? Well the Souveran definitely adds more depth and shine than the Paste Glaze. At least for me it does. The Pinnacle Paste Glaze looks very nice. Very nice. I always think of Tom`s silver pic. That was nice. However, when I use the Souveran, I get all sorts of compliments. Sometimes, I just step back and admire the finish and I even tell myself, "Damn, the car has never looked better before." Perhaps the Souveran just works a bit better with the greyish looking part of my overall car color though. Not sure.

I get the sense that the Souveran enhances the overall color, shine and depth of the car a bit more for me. Perhaps its because of different carnauba, carnauba content, or oils? Probably a little of everything. Jason, when I used the Pinnacle Paste Glaze on a darker colored car, it didn`t seem to give it that extra something that the Souveran does. I know you have the Souveran. Did you ever try it on a light colored car? What were your thoughts if you did try using it that way?

JasonC8301
08-05-2001, 09:27 PM
Thanks Don, I have used Souveran on the beige camry, she wanted to add more pop to the finish I guess. The results are good, had a very slick feel to the finish.

I am wondering if Paste Glaz offers that slick feeling like Souveran offers. I am sure Zaino offers that slickness, but until that ZFX thing comes out, its off limits. She needs something easy to use, and rub on wipe off type of deal (has two kids, keeps her busy already).

I have heard numerous positive reviews of the ease of use of Paste Glaz, but is the Souveran worth the extra money? Gosh decisions, decisions.

I know I am going to get a gallon of Ef Clear Vision, but the decision over Paste Glaz/Souveran!!!!!! I am going to give her a 16 oz. bottle of Gold CLass Shampoo, a chenille wash pad, vinylex, towels, applicator pads, and teach the basics too her (she knows how to wash and wax already, gotta teach her the details (tires, trim, windows)) Cotton towels for drying off the car, and some better ones to buff off the wax. I am still going to give the car spring/fall Klasse treatments, but she`ll wax during the summer months.

Thanks Don,

Jason

DETAILKING
08-06-2001, 12:14 AM
Remember as with all carnubas, the shine is in the oil. The color and type of wax used also contributes mildly to the optics, but no carnuba is clear in color, which is why a carnuba wax always tints the car`s color some. If you put a carnuba waxed car next to an unwaxed clean car, they would look different colors slighty....it might take a trained eye on some colors.

It seems that souveran does provide something that paste-glaze does not. Does it cost THAT much more to make? My guess would be no.....but who knows. Is it worth the extra money? Well that is a personal question only you can answer.

AS for ease of use. Don`t rule zaino out. It is one of the easiest products to use. It makes no mess, rubs on easy and rubs off easier, and contains no oils so will never haze or streak on a finish. It can also be used in the sun and "baked on" with no effects. It doesn`t get much easier and idiot proof. You do have to use Z1, but that is only once, and takes about an additional 10 mintutes.

Also, a souveran`ed car will have to be redone often, for it provides very poor durability, and you will notice gloss dropping wash after wash. It might not be the best product for this situation.

Don2000g
08-06-2001, 07:07 AM
Hey Jason, the pics that you`ve shown seem to indicate that you`re doing a great job with Blitz. And of course an added benefit is that Blitz is more durable than Souveran. But you already know that. Easily twice as durable. If money is an issue then perhaps Blitz or the P21 carnauba wax would be a good substitute. The Paste Glaze is a really good product. Adds quite a bit of shone to light colored cars. For a person who details as much as you, I`d probably be more inclined to buy TWO waxes instead of the 1. I`d probably just select 2 from Blitz, P21 or Pinnacle Paste Glaze. Just a thought. Laters buddy.

JasonC8301
08-06-2001, 08:23 AM
for the input. I have decided to just get the Paste Glaz and give it a whirl. So my wax line up would be Pinnacle Souveran, Paste Glaz, and Blitz.

So twice a year I`ll go back to NJ to redo the Klasse/Blitz and inbetween she can maintain it with the Paste Glaz.

I`ll go try the concours application of Blitz on the car tonight see if it provides good results.

Well I can say Souveran made the beige camry looked like it was dipped in glass, but I`ll just have to wait and see what Paste Glaz does.

Jason

PS. DETAILKING, the cure time of Zaino doesn`t help, she does not have the time to wait for the Z`s to cure/corss link on her car, shes too busy, so if ZFX is all it claims to be, then it might be taken into consideration. But for now Paste Glaz is a good option. The Blitz is not a good option because of the haze time. She needs to wash her car, Paste Glaz it, clean the windows, dress everything in about an hour (wash 30 minutes, wax 20 minutes, everything else 10 minutes.) She will do this once every three or four weeks. I am sure the Paste gLaz can hold up for that short period of time on this car (garaged 14 hours everynight.)

DETAILKING
08-06-2001, 11:11 AM
But with zaino, you could do it once for her, and all she would have to do is apply it every 3-4 MONTHS to keep up with it. It would require an extra 20-60 minutes for dry time compared to your wipe on / wipe off products.

JasonC8301
08-06-2001, 11:16 AM
I don`t want to overwhelm her with options. She`ll take forvever to decide (Zaino or Wax, Wax or Zaino, cure time, buff off, buff off or cure time, (you get the idea) wipe on wipe off and its over, no cure time just wipe on and wipe off), so I`ll just give her basic wash and wax thing. Not add something to complicate her life even more.

Thanks anyway, keep me updated about that ZFX. I want to feel that slickness everyones talking about without all the cure time.

Jason

Husker Z
11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I have a detail of a 09 GMC Acadia this weekend, so I`m anxious to give this a shot. I`ve been eyeballing one of these for a while and found it at the local Griot`s distributor here in KC, so I bought it.

The Acadia is dark blue and I plan on the following:

Wash
Clay-Griots
M205
BF Polish
BF Wet Diamond
BF Midnight Sun

MB Fan
11-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Have fun with your new toy. Let us know how the detail goes. The BF should be beautiful on your sonic blue.

Old Pirate
11-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I have a detail of a 09 GMC Acadia this weekend, so I`m anxious to give this a shot. I`ve been eyeballing one of these for a while and found it at the local Griot`s distributor here in KC, so I bought it.

The Acadia is dark blue and I plan on the following:

Wash
Clay-Griots
M205
BF Polish
BF Wet Diamond
BF Midnight Sun

Everything looks fine from your work list, you might not need to use 2 polishes on it but only you will know. Don`t forget some pictures.

Husker Z
11-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Everything looks fine from your work list, you might not need to use 2 polishes on it but only you will know. Don`t forget some pictures.

I was thinking that might be overkill, we`ll see how that 05 does on the first go-round.

Street Dreams
11-04-2009, 09:09 PM
BF Wet diamond is garbage... I`ll take if off your hands :devil: