PDA

View Full Version : Some bad news...

khomdrom
08-05-2001, 10:16 AM
I want to strip off Rain X from glass? Does anyone know how to do it?

Thank you

khomdrom
08-05-2001, 10:21 AM
BTw i want to strip Rain X off coz it creates haze when i use wipers while it`s raining. It makes the view "blurr".

And No, there`s no way i`m driving in rain with using no wipers eventhough i`ve already use RAin X on the glass. It works only at high speed and light rain, if heavy rain or at slow speed...we still have to use wipers.Do you think we should drive at high speed at heavy rain? Damn advertising!

Ron Ketcham
08-05-2001, 10:41 AM
Naptha should do it if you don`t have a safety solvent handy.

You could get a Prep-Sol solvent at a paint/body supply store, but if not, just use lighter fluid, then wash with a strong soapy solution, followed by glass cleaner.

Other than that, buff it off with a very mild compound, followed by glass cleaner or rubbing alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol (IPA) will not do a good job of breaking it off as the resin system of the product is made to withstand washer fluid which has a high concentration of IPA.

tthomp82
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
found out this morning that our Jeep has been totaled.

We got caught on the way back from dinner in some flash flooding in our neighborhood the night those storms pushed through last week.

The Roush has been the daily driver for the past couple of days but we are looking to start taking the bus while we shop for another vehicle and pay off some bills, etc.

Luckily we had GAP insurance to cover the overage.

Any suggestions for a new vehicle? I have been looking at CPO BMWs. We do a round trip commute of almost 60mi per day. The challenge is finding a decent affordable vehicle that the little woman is willing to drive (per her - no japanese made vehicles).

imported_glfahlc
11-04-2009, 01:33 PM
well you can`t go wrong with a BMW. keep in mind upkeep is very expensive... but she`d love a 323 vert

QUIK4DR
11-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Not on the same scale as a BMW but the new Challengers are SWEET!

MB Fan
11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
The 2010 MB "C" class is a great little car. If you want a little more height take a look at the GLK - its a really nice small SUV. :driving:

imported_RaskyR1
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
found out this morning that our Jeep has been totaled.

We got caught on the way back from dinner in some flash flooding in our neighborhood the night those storms pushed through last week.

The Roush has been the daily driver for the past couple of days but we are looking to start taking the bus while we shop for another vehicle and pay off some bills, etc.

Luckily we had GAP insurance to cover the overage.

Any suggestions for a new vehicle? I have been looking at CPO BMWs. We do a round trip commute of almost 60mi per day. The challenge is finding a decent affordable vehicle that the little woman is willing to drive (per her - no japanese made vehicles).

How about the new Malibu? Actually the new 2010 Buick Lacrosse looks very, very nice too!

Old Pirate
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear that tthomp82, maybe giving the american car companys a look. Like Rasky said the new Buick Lacrosse looks sharp and also the new Taurus SHO is a looker. If your want something from arcoss the pond then the list is long ( MB, BMW, Audi, VW cc`s )

imported_Stokdgs
11-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Maybe tell us what you had in the Jeep, and/or would want in your new vehicle and we can better help you..

Most Bimmers, are not ordered with Nav, and are mostly Steptronic, SMG, or 6-Speed manuals.

BMW`s are driver`s cars, and will not have all the bells and whistles other vehicles come standard with, but can be ordered any way you want them, for a price.

There should be a huge CPO database that you can look at through BMW`s website.

I personally prefer them to any other vehicle and still have a couple of them now.

If she likes nice vehicles with nice features, the Lexus line is also very good to check out. - oh thats right, she said no Japanese cars - sorry !! :)

DanF