PDA

View Full Version : i obviously don`t have it

Pages : [1] 2 3

mrq
08-04-2001, 09:32 PM
I`ve heard that Rain-X is no good because it leaves a film on top of your windshield that will eventually leave a little haze on it so that it`s a little more difficult to see. Is that true????? I would like to start using it, but if that`s true then I definitely won`t. Thanks.

imported_Brad
08-05-2001, 12:12 AM
I have not had any trouble in many years of use.

tonysandiego
08-05-2001, 12:36 AM
Use it all the time, and very happy with the results. <strong class=`bbc`>CAN`T stand using the wipers![/b] Drives me crazy.

ALM
08-05-2001, 10:11 AM
If you have Klasse AIO, try that instead, seems to work just as well. If you don`t have AIO, then Rain-X is just as good.

DCT
08-05-2001, 11:46 AM
NYC Civic,

Make sure you get your windshield super clean before putting the Rain-X on. Then follow the instructions exactly. Shouldn`t have any problems.

DaGonz
08-05-2001, 11:58 AM
I love Rain-X! I drove home from Gettysburg, Pennsylvania in what seemed like thunderstorm that would not end. I never had to turn on the wipers once!

rookeracer
08-05-2001, 05:10 PM
what does rainx do anyways?

is it some liquid applied to the windshield?

if it ever messes up my windshield can it wipe off easily with car wash or something?/

how much do it cost?

can i put it on all my windows?

YoSteve
08-05-2001, 10:27 PM
604 you used this as your first post :)

Rain-x I believe is a type of wax that makes water super bead on your glass (so much, often, you don`t need wipers during a downpour). Sometimes people have a problem with buffing off its haze. I use a little water and microfiber towels to buff it out, no problems.

However I`m starting to just use a drop of AIO and a mf applicator or an mini mf and a lot of water followed by a MT. It works well and you can clean a dirty window, unlike Rain-x where you have to clean the window first. It seems to either replinish the Rain-x or just finish off what the Rain-X started.

If you want to try it (use AIO if you already have it) they sell "moist towelettes" of that stuff in packets for like $0.99, it`ll do all the windows.

[Edited by YoSteve.Com on 08-05-2001 at 08:32 PM]

rookeracer
08-05-2001, 10:58 PM
whats AIO MF MT?

Jngrbrdman
08-05-2001, 11:40 PM
I love Rain X!! It is just about a thousand different alcohols. Makes for a very slick windshield. Nothing sticks very well so if you live in buggy area then it is great. The other great benifit is that frost is easier to get off. My window rarely frosts up anymore. All the other cars will be frosty except for mine. It is good stuff.

rstype
08-06-2001, 12:02 AM
AIO= Klasse All-in-one: Synthetic sealant that cleans, polishes, and seals.

MF= Microfiber Towel: A special type of towel that is made of polymide and polyester. Microfiber (MF) towels are great for removing waxes, drying, dusting, and cleaning windows.

MT= This is the thickest, plushest... simply the best microfiber towel.

SG= Klasse High Gloss Sealant glaze: Synthetic sealant that can be layered over AIO.

YoSteve
08-06-2001, 08:32 AM
oops sorry about that, duh, I commented that you are a newbie and then put abbreviations all over the place (I dumbass)

for me MT=microfiber towel for many MT=Miracle Towel (but I only refer to the microfiber towel that is the same as the MT (just doesn`t have the name) as an MT (for legal purposes I guess)

Ron Ketcham
08-06-2001, 08:43 AM
This is the product I went to. Far superior, last longer, no fogging of glass, slicker, etc.

Anyone else used it. Was sold at one time under a different name by STP.

jkochis
08-06-2001, 02:33 PM
Too bad it doesnt seem like it can be easily purchased.

http://www.ppg.com/gls_aquapel/ownbuy.htm (`http://www.ppg.com/gls_aquapel/ownbuy.htm`)

VisionBlade is (was?) the STP product.

[Edited by RH on 08-06-2001 at 01:12 PM]

Greek Guy
08-06-2001, 03:27 PM
Never had a problem with Rain-X.