PDA

View Full Version : Best "Wet Look" Glaze?

Pages : [1] 2

midyearroadster
08-04-2001, 09:42 AM
Is this the same as Clay Baring a vehicle? Thanks Tom F.

JasonC8301
08-04-2001, 10:22 AM
Which Meguiars Body Wash? They have like 6 or 7 different shampoos.

As same as claying a car, I don`t think so. Your just removing loose dirt with the wash. The clay is used after all the loose dirt is removed. It grinds away and grabs the oxidation on the paint making it smooth.

So in one word. NO

Jason

DCT
08-04-2001, 10:32 AM
TomF,

If your talking about the Meguiars Body Scrub, your talking about a paint cleaner. Normally paint cleaners are use to clean sub-surface contaminants (into the paint finish) with chemicals. Clay is normally used to clean "surface" contaminants. There are products better suited to clean your paint depending on its condition.

HTH

midyearroadster
08-04-2001, 02:49 PM
I seen some today at the local parts store it looks like a lite rubbing compound to me. Think I`ll stay with the clay bar.

Lazzman
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi,

I am looking for the best wet look glaze that will add depth to darker colored paints.

I like to use sealents and know that sealents won`t stick to a lot of glazes, I am currently using Danase Wet Glaze and am satisfied with the results but I want more...

I`ve tried the Menzerna glaze and had application problems and streaking. Looking to try One Grand Omega Polish but am not sure you can use a polymer sealent over it.

Thanks for sharing any opinions and experiences :D

imported_User Name
11-04-2009, 12:39 PM
I haven`t tried it yet, but I`ve read that Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish is quite good.

Bluegrass Cat
11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Danase Wet Glaze is pretty good.

Lazzman
11-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone ever tried the Vanilla Moose Glaze?

Zeta Detail
11-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Adam`s Brilliant Spray Glaze also did wonders for me. Apply it on glass and reflectivity will increase like crazy.

bmw5541
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
How bout Poor Boys World Black Hole?

Harleyguy
11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Black hole works great also and is a great value.

Lazzman
11-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Never thought of that one.

Thanks.

Waiting to hear back from One Grand about there Omega glaze (not sure if you can apply a sealent over it).

I would like to try this product as it not only provides deep wet look but also removes the tiniest hair line scratches and swirl marks, which is a great thing after final polishing.

imported_Erik Mejia
11-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Prima Amigo! Works great with any sealant. I really can`t say anything negative about this stuff.

Lazzman
11-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Muchas Gracias Senor Erik.

Looks like I have several glazes to try under my Polymer sealent, IMHO you need to use a glaze to get the absolute best finish on your vehicles.

PB`s Black Hole
Blitz Omega Glaze
Moose Wax Vanilla Hand Glaze

Danase worked good for me and smelled awesome like Grape Kool Aid, but I wan`t something that is going to leave my car dripping wet looking.

Junebug
11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I know some glazes work over top of a sealant, but, I`m concerned about applying another coat of sealant (BFWD) a week later and having bonding issues. DWG is good and so is CG WMF.

And User Name - for God`s sake, change that Avitar back!!