PDA

View Full Version : Waxing a metal shed?

imported_ONEFASTCL600
08-03-2001, 04:44 PM
How do you guys clean your vinyl interiors? I have just been wiping down the interior with a mildly damp cloth (no soap), wiping dry, then applying 303 protectant. I pretty much treat the plastic and vinyl the same. I live at the beach so I drive with my windows down and sunroof open all the time, so I am certain a get a lot of dust. Am I doing enough. This is the first car I have had that I want to keep for awhile so I want to make sure my methods will stand the ultimate test of time. Any tips??

Don2000g
08-03-2001, 10:05 PM
Your method seems fine. However, there are also some vinyl cleaners out there. One that stands out is the Pinnacle leather and vinyl cleaner. I believe that Ron K. also has one on his site. A light soap and water mixture every few months would probably be a good idea as well. The 303 also has some light cleaners in it by the way. Laters.

imported_99tl
11-03-2009, 02:36 PM
I hope this is the correct section for this question.

I have a metal shed I just put up in April. I had waxed it before I put the thing together since its a good size (10x12). It`s located in the corner of my yard. It`s a little difficult to add a protectant because of the location. There`s a good dip were I can`t really use a ladder safely.

Is there a protectant I can spray and wipe? Is there any side effects to just wipping a protectant on but not buffing off? I`m not really concerned about the look of the back, sides or top since they`re not visible.

Thanks

imported_Flash Gordon
11-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I hope this is the correct section for this question.

I have a metal shed I just put up in April. I had waxed it before I put the thing together since its a good size (10x12). It`s located in the corner of my yard. It`s a little difficult to add a protectant because of the location. There`s a good dip were I can`t really use a ladder safely.

Is there a protectant I can spray and wipe? Is there any side effects to just wipping a protectant on but not buffing off? I`m not really concerned about the look of the back, sides or top since they`re not visible.

Thanks

Waxing the ole backyard metal shed huh.........Love it :notworthy:

imported_Jokeman
11-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I would like try Klasse sealant glaze, wipe it on and leave it. Ive done it on the cars for the winter. It "stuck" all winter and was still there in the spring. It was on so thick I had to clay it to get it off in the spring.

imported_99tl
11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Waxing the ole backyard metal shed huh.........Love it :notworthy:

:biggrin: I put it up by myself (for the most part) and it was a pain in the but. So I want this thing to look good and last as long as possible.