PDA

View Full Version : Auto Body Glass Coating

Pages : [1] 2 3

boywonder
08-03-2001, 02:45 PM
I was wondering what music you guys listen to while detailing or washing your car(s). In my case, I will listen to whatever strikes my mood at the time. Usually, I am cranking the Eclipse in the Maxima. That can easily vascillate between House, Alternative, and Rap.

[Edited by PrinzII on 08-05-2001 at 02:46 PM]

imported_TSC17
08-03-2001, 03:10 PM
I don`t have a stereo to use out side in the garage.

but plan to get a decent portable Panasonic boombox cd player.

I am also into home and car audio, and I do have a nice system in my room for music listening. :D

but I need still need to get a subwoofer, my system lacks low feq. :(

the types of music I would listen when washing and detailing my car

would be anything I like, which is pretty much every thing...

Blues and Jazz - I love blues! Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jeff Beck, Coltrane, Miles, etc :cool:

Rock & Alternative - such as Rage, Metallica, Korn etc.

maybe some jungle, drum & bass, house and trance

I also like dance.

I guess it all depends.

Brad B
08-03-2001, 03:36 PM
Actually, my favorite "music" is the sound of boxing. I love to wax the cars late Friday night while watching Friday Night at the Fights! Nothing like watching two guys whack each other senseless to keep me in the polishing spirits. (That and the fact that my wife can`t stand to hear me yell "murduh da guy!")

And if I can`t have that I prefer classical or jazz. Hey, I`m well rounded.

DaGonz
08-03-2001, 03:40 PM
What I listen to when I`m detailing varies with the mood..sometimes it`s classical (nothing like buffing off wax to Wagner`s Ride of the Valkyries! :D), classic rock, modern rock...and even talk radio on occasion. If I am detailing on a Saturday, from 11:00AM to Noon, it has to be <strong class=`bbc`>Car Talk with Click and Clack, The Tappet Brothers[/b] on National Public Radio!

YoSteve
08-03-2001, 03:44 PM
I use the stereo that`s inside my car.

I like Chicago House, but mostly listen to R&B, rap, pop, and alternative(pop).

jr weeks
08-03-2001, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know a radio headset that they can recommend? My wife got me a cheapo brand last Christmas( hope she dosen`t see this ), and it basically fell apart after a few weeks, plus the reception was poor.I prefer to have the headphone radio because then my customers and their nieghbors don`t have to be subjected to what I listen to. Anyone have them? Dan H.

Cyborg
08-03-2001, 04:13 PM
Guitarman, i would suggest trying a pair of wireleess RF headphones. You can hook it to your stereo system and listen to whatever you want to! They hook right up to the headphone jack and/or audio outputs. You can get a good pair for $89-$99.

imported_theamcguy
08-03-2001, 04:27 PM
101.1 WRIF for me. Maybe some Ozzy, Tool, Korn, Ac/Dc, Metallica. Whatever I feel like wanking out to.

tonysandiego
08-03-2001, 05:50 PM
I`ll have to try that Friday Night at the Fights! Usually have R&B, Jazz or on the rare occasion some top 40. Now that I`ll have cable, I will probably have on SpeedVision a lot.

john kwapick
08-03-2001, 11:25 PM
Collective soul - shine ...if everything worked out well.
Junior Brown - stupid blues ...if not

These speakers have such a "gear head" look to them. A pair in the garage would be cool. someday.

http://www.bottlehead.com/straight%208/s8blk.jpg

[Edited by kirk on 08-03-2001 at 09:30 PM]

imported_TSC17
08-03-2001, 11:36 PM
try sennehiser headphones.

I am sure alot of you all have heard of it.

it is a German made quality headphones.

check them out, they are great and have great reviews on audioreview.com

I have a a pair of mini audio ear bud headphones, and they are truely awesome.

DCT
08-04-2001, 10:10 AM
Back in Black CD!

or

Stones - Hot Rocks CD!

Hard to believe I`m 50.

[Edited by White_F150 on 08-04-2001 at 09:44 AM]

imported_brianshaeffer
08-04-2001, 11:18 AM
Am I the only Country fan here? :)

Don2000g
08-04-2001, 12:27 PM
Matt, if you don`t mind me asking, how old are you? The reason I ask, is because I tend to agree with many of your selections. I`m 28 by the way. Laters.

TortoiseAWD
08-04-2001, 01:55 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by wrxmania [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>try sennehiser headphones.
I am sure alot of you all have heard of it.
it is a German made quality headphones.
[/b]</blockquote>
Ditto that. I had a pair back in college; very nice.

Tort