PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire, protection review

Pages : [1] 2

imported_TSC17
08-02-2001, 12:34 AM
Hello, I am wrxmania, new member to this forum.

i had found this forum helpful so decided to join!

I am a new to car care and car detailing.

and i`ve got few questions.

wax or klasse? it looks like lot of you guy have good things to say about klasse.

is that product really that good? better lasting in shine and deep gloss? easy and effective than wax?

tips and guides on using klasse.

what are do`s and don`ts?

how to buff off AIO and SG with out paint damage?

how often of application and coatings of AIO and SG?

I know I got a lot of questions to ask, but any help and info and advice will be very greatly helpful and appreciated. Thankyou...

Jngrbrdman
08-02-2001, 01:03 AM
Hey there. welcome to a great board.

After using Klasse I will never use wax alone again. Klasse takes less time to apply and it looks like you put 4 coats of wax on after one application. I brought a truck back to a lady today at her work and after everyon saw the shine on the truck I got 4 more appointments for the same treatment. That never happened when I brought a waxed car back. Gt it. use it. You will love it!!!!!!!!

Andre'
08-02-2001, 02:53 AM
Klasse , Zaino or outher good quality polymers will outshine and last all organic waxes.

Apply Klasse in small amounts (more is not better) , use foam applicators to apply it using back & forth motions.

Klasse All In One: Rub AIO on and rub it off it`s that easy.

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze: Apply it very very thinly , let it dry for no less than 20 minutes than remove.

I use a MF towel for removal of Klasse. A good Instant detail spray will help aid in removal of the HGSG.

You can layer the SG as maney times as you like. AIO can`t be layerd becaus it has cleaners in it that will remove the first layer.

imported_TSC17
08-02-2001, 03:49 PM
guys I apprecaite for the help and the info.

thankyou... the advice has been helpful.

Michael H
08-02-2001, 04:00 PM
I have used Klasse AIO finished off with Pinnacle Souveran on my Black WRX, the results were superb. The waxes just adds the depth and warmth to a shine that I like. The finsih is very smooth to the touch. Great cars the WRX but the paint quality could be better.

imported_TSC17
08-02-2001, 04:33 PM
Yeah I would have to agree with you with the thin paint on the subarus.

they so easily can chip. but I love the WRXs and the imprezas.

they are sweet! still waiting to get one this winter, planning to get the 02 WRX WR pearl blue, nice sweet color...

can`t wait to get my toy.

and this is why i am geting to learn how to prep and detail my car. it is so nice.

it was nice to getting to know ya Michael and thankx for the info.

imported_TSC17
08-02-2001, 06:32 PM
wow, that is really nice! deep reflection and shine

great job on your car.

how many coats of AIO and SG did you use?

and about how long do they last?

how long will the shine and deep gloss last?

when do you reaply SG or do reprep for you car?

thanks for the info and the pic you should me.

thankyou.

DETAILKING
08-02-2001, 08:12 PM
although, those tips and tricks are geared toward using the zaino system. With the zaino system, all the products are compatable, so there is no guessing on what wash, spray detailer,etc to use. Also, SAL Zaino gives great customer service if you need some info or have some questions about the products or usage. Zaino is also a synthetic polymer that is very durable. It will look like this on black........

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575126&a=11974151&p=43114023 (`http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575126&a=11974151&p=43114023`)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575126&a=11974151&p=52063658 (`http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575126&a=11974151&p=52063658`)

http://www.zainobros.com (`http://www.zainobros.com`)

Ron Ketcham
08-02-2001, 08:19 PM
Same base coat, same clear coat, PPG.

No difference in the application equipement, the film build of the base or the clear.

All get 1.5 to 2 mil of clear over the base coat and that clear is what everyone is dealing with. The color really makes no difference as unless one allows them self to get really careless, you should never touch the base or color coat.

Michael H
08-02-2001, 08:45 PM
WRXmania

I have reservations about using Zaino on Subaru paint. I have noticed on my White STi (the faster version of the WRX!) that the "Zaino coat" is being marked/stained. I would strongly reccomend going Klasse AIO and then choose between Klasse SG or a good carnaba wax (I use all three!). You might want to have a look at the website below (site is under testing and a bit slow at the moment). Many of the products were tested on Subaru paint.

Ron Ketcham
08-02-2001, 09:37 PM
At the correct ratio, makes one heck of a quick detailer, since most are just that with a different color dye and some fragrance, maybe a little dimethal silicone fluid to add lubrication.

All I use, mist it on to get the dust damp and soft, then a micro fiber to wipe off.

Sound familar??

DETAILKING
08-02-2001, 10:18 PM
But most of them are nothing but water, some propanol, and something for lube and shine like silicone oil. The alcohal is the volile part that lowers the vapor pressure of the mixture causing it to evaporate fast. This is why it seems to dissappear and not streak like plain water would. And it leaves the oil (shine) behind. QD`s are getting so cheap now, I wouldn`t try and make my own.....buy a gallon sized one, it will last a while.

Don2000g
08-03-2001, 08:54 PM
Absolutely, just go ahead and buy a good quality one in a gallon size. Very cheap and they will last you a very long time. Laters.

Street Dreams
11-01-2009, 05:32 PM
If you have used BF WD you know that on a looks basis it is incredible... depth, glow, reflective blah blah blah.

I have had BF WD on my car for 2 months now and its been beading very strong, then again my car never gets that dirty.

The last few weeks I have spent tending to a very nice collection of cars. I did 5 cars for this customer all using BF WD as the LSP.

Exactly one week ago all the cars I detailed were DRIVEN to a charity event that I got to be apart of.

At the show the cars were parked under trees, some of which secreted sap and others pine needles etc.

The owner and I planned on me tidying up the cars after the show and the earliest I could get back to his home was this morning. The cars since last Sunday have sat untouched in his garage. All sap and bird bombs have had plenty of time to harden and sit.

I looked at all the cars I did and was not happy.... tree sap, bird poo and pine needles everywhere...

I dusted them all with the Z duster and went to QD them.... EVERY SINGLE PIECE of bird poo and tree sap came right off the finish with a soft MF and QD spray.

No tar removers, no foam pads.

Im not saying any other sealant would not have protected the finish in the same way BUT I dont think any other sealant offers the same look as BF WD with the high level of protection to boot. Sometimes its one or the other when it comes to LSP`s

BF WD = no compromise.

Earned its keeps today and I was very pleased that it only took me a couple hours to tidy up the cars and get them back to a fresh detailed state.

imported_wfedwar
11-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I`m still experimenting with this one. My truck has BF AFPP on the hood and left fender, and Werkstat Acrylic (also a very good sealant) on the rest. I just drove home from work in a light rain, which stopped about 1/2 a mile from my house. I intended to see how the beading compared between the two sealants. Interestingly enough, the Blackfired portion of the truck was completely dry! As you would expect, the rest was wet. Wild stuff!