PDA

View Full Version : NXT car wash

Lowejackson
07-31-2001, 06:12 PM
Whilst washing the car under a street light, I noticed lots of new scratch marks on the paint, which appear to be the result from last weekends cleaning (Autoglym polish, gloss and Blitz). I have been using a soft cotton sheet to apply the polish but clearly (no pun intended) this is not working. Can I use a MF for applying polish?

Not sure how I have damaged the paint, as I used very little pressure to apply (I can clearly see the stright lines!). I have been using MF to buff with no problems.

Steven

Alfa 164 Black

ihetenyi
07-31-2001, 07:14 PM
Lowe - look into getting some microfiber applicators. Much like terry cloth applicators, only covered with an intermediate grade MF. I find them great for applying polish. You should carefully evaluate every applicator you are using...

Steve

Lowejackson
08-01-2001, 02:11 PM
When I wash the car it gets hosed down after, I know think the problem was with using cotton sheet. I will try using a MF this weekend.

Hopefully this will do the trick

Steven

imported_BigDawg
10-31-2009, 06:03 PM
I just purchased a bottle of meguiars nxt car wash soap.........i was using some stuff from gliptone but never really could get the road grime from the side panels of cars hopefully this will work........will reply after using it tomorrow on the wife`s suv

imported_Mr. Clean
10-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Can`t seem to locate the NXT wash locally anymore. I preferred it`s cleaning ability over it`s "cousin" Gold Class at the time. Can`t source the NXT glass cleaner either, don`t know what is going on with the distribution channel with those products.:confused:

Old Pirate
10-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Looking for NXT Car Wash, here you go: http://www.properautocare.com/menxtgecarwa.html and here also : http://www.properautocare.com/menxtgecarwa1.html

imported_glfahlc
10-31-2009, 08:50 PM
I just purchased a bottle of meguiars nxt car wash soap.........i was using some stuff from gliptone but never really could get the road grime from the side panels of cars hopefully this will work........will reply after using it tomorrow on the wife`s suv

i always try new products out on my wifes car too...lol

Paul Sparks
10-31-2009, 09:52 PM
I use Meg`s NXT and don`t have any complaints.I think it`s a good product for the money. Cars and truck aren`t allowed to get real dirty though.

Paul S

imported_Luster
10-31-2009, 10:05 PM
I`m looking forward to trying it also.

My top three car wash soaps are:

1. Eimann Fabrik Auto Spa
2. Zaino Z7 Car Wash
3. Meg`s Gold Class Car Wash

Hoping to add NXT Car Wash to the list!!!

Tuck91
10-31-2009, 11:09 PM
I`m looking forward to trying it also.

My top three car wash soaps are:

1. Eimann Fabrik Auto Spa
2. Zaino Z7 Car Wash
3. Meg`s Gold Class Car Wash

Hoping to add NXT Car Wash to the list!!!

For really dirty cars, I think you will like it Bill. :thumbup:

ziggo99
11-02-2009, 09:03 PM
I just got done finishing up a bottle from the summer. It worked great on the bottom of my car, after not washing it for 3 weeks and 2 weeks of constant rain.

bmw5541
11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
For the money, it is a pretty good soap. Because it is a stronger shampoo, it is a good wash to use if you want to strip your existing wax. If not, you need to use something a bit more gentle. I happen to like P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo, if I want to keep my wax on the paint.