PDA

View Full Version : how many of you guys use this stuff?

Pages : [1] 2

bcarty
07-30-2001, 07:48 PM
New Passat, leather (black) interior...

Using Glipton Cleaner and Glipton Conditioner.

I plan to clean only when needed, but conditioning often.

What do you recommend to use to apply, and what hints can you give for the use of each items. Also, what about seams, etc...

Pete

jkochis
07-30-2001, 08:59 PM
The general consensus around here seems to be the opposite of your planned routine.

Clean often, condition as necessary.

mikeyg402
10-30-2009, 03:26 PM
A local detailer got a tub of it to use on my moms boss vehicles. He has assorted Gt2/GT3/panamera,turbo Cayenne, Bentley and a Aston. he has whole line up of high end sports cars. It was the first time for me seeing it and its advantages in person. WOW is all I have to say! That stuff just makes everything look deep and wet. I`m not to a point yet in my career to fork over a couple of grand though :scared:

Just wondering how many guys here have a tub and use it frequently on detail jobs?

Mike

imported_Kevin Brown
10-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Without a picture, I can only assume that it is a MASSIVE tub o` Vaseline? Or butter? :Innocent:

imported_glfahlc
10-30-2009, 04:18 PM
DUH!!!!!! is all i can think of.

mikeyg402
10-30-2009, 04:46 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/95/img1869e.jpg

That helps doesnt it hahaha ;)

Today has been a long day!

imported_Luster
10-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Not sure what I`m looking at!;)

imported_User Name
10-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Zymol Vintage. About $2k for that "tub".

Old Pirate
10-30-2009, 07:14 PM
I think I`ll stick to Blackfire Wet Diamond, It`s a little too much for me.

Mikejl
10-30-2009, 07:40 PM
To answer your question, I would say not too many due to the high cost. Although you do get free refills for life for your 2 grand purchase.

I`m hoping someone gives User Name a sample of Zymol Vintage for his spring wax comparison. Otherwise he may have to pawn some of his wife`s jewelry to buy a tub.

:)

Mike

imported_Flash Gordon
10-30-2009, 07:54 PM
IMHO anyone who spends 2k on a "can" of wax is off there rocker

They need a checkup from the neckup :out:

Street Dreams
10-30-2009, 08:07 PM
My take on the uber doober wax market.

Some people use the ultra premium waxes ($1K+) purely as a marketing tool to aggrandize their business and make themselves appear superior to those people who use regular waxes or synthetic sealants... with letting customers know the price also comes the fancy explanation of application, ya know "I apply the wax with my left ass cheek, and buff it off 18hours later with my right ass cheek" Boo Hoo

To be honest for customers who dont know the difference, it seems as if this would be a deal-sealer!

The problem is a lot of people who use such uber waxes DO NOT perform the proper prep work needed, ie paint correction. And the end results show the difference. I feel like a lot of people look to the LSP to make the big difference in the final look, as in thats the cleanup hitter with a guaranteed homerun in the bag... when in reality its kinda like the batboy, far from the most important step but without it things don`t get finished smoothly.

Here is where the gray area comes in... many of the detailers utilizing the super premium stuff today actually are experts when it comes to prep and paint correction, so when they do apply that grand wax at the end their finished work is going to look stunning!

But people misconstrue the final pics of a finished car..they often think because so and so detailer used uber doober wax thats why the car looked soo good in the end... could be surely, but I bet it was more in the correction and prep that got the car to a 95% level in looks and the wax of choice boosted it just a bit more.

You can buy MJ`s kicks but if you dont have the talent you aint never gonna dunk!

Nothing against the waxes or brands at all, I`m just against some of the hacks who use it as an excuse to charge a lot of money or place themselves of a pedestal compared to someone like me who was a sealant guy since day 1. I had a a man call me and first thing he asked if I was a Zymol detailer, I replied No I am not and he said "Okay thanks for your time" :out:

Oh and one more thing, I feel its wrog to judge people based on what they spend for ANY product, car wax or basketball sneakers.

We all need to remember that EVERYTHING IS RELEVANT!

People buy cars for $15,000 and people buy cars for $600,00!

People buy a Timex for $40 and people buy Patek Philippes for $40,000

We all will eventually spend excess money on things WE personally find important to us... there will always be the outsider who thinks we are crazy for it.

Just think about woman and their shoes!

bmw5541
10-30-2009, 08:30 PM
I just can`t see spending $2K for a tub of wax. There is a point of diminishing returns.:out:

iCeMaN57
10-31-2009, 06:17 AM
I think I`ll stick to Blackfire Wet Diamond, It`s a little too much for me.

Agreed!! ;)

imported_User Name
10-31-2009, 08:24 AM
To answer your question, I would say not too many due to the high cost. Although you do get free refills for life for your 2 grand purchase.

I`m hoping someone gives User Name a sample of Zymol Vintage for his spring wax comparison. Otherwise he may have to pawn some of his wife`s jewelry to buy a tub.

:)

Mike

LOL!!! I`ve got my eye on that engagement ring I got her... getting some Vintage and some other high priced waxes will really put it to good use.! :drool5: