PDA

View Full Version : Why I like the Absorber....

Pages : [1] 2

imported_theamcguy
07-30-2001, 02:46 PM
I picked one of these up today at Canadian tire. It was $10 can. It is thinner than the real MT, not as plush. Not too bad though. No scratches. I was looking for the turtle wax one when I stumbled across these. I figured that they make good products so I`ll give it a try. Kinnda expensive for what you get. They would probably, with the exchange rate be about $4.50 U.S. I know, I know, the real MT`s are the shiznit, but I`d give these a try to report on them.

imported_Blake
07-30-2001, 03:34 PM
Matt: Zellers seems to have the Turtle Wax towels and at $2.99 Canadian they are a deal. They are the same price or more in the states. Saw some last week in Buffalo at $3.49 US.

Bruce
07-30-2001, 04:15 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by MattMold [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I know, I know, the real MT`s are the shiznit . . .[/b]</blockquote>Gazuntheit.

imported_Luster
10-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I thought the Absorber deserved it`s own thread. As much as I like Big Blue, I think I like Absorber a little better..... here`s why:

I have 6 Absorber dryers. One in each of the 4 cars, one in the garage and one in the shower....

They range from 2 years to 17 years old!

It is definitely my "go-to" towel for winter drying after an ONR wash. Just wring it out occasionally, and when I`m finished, I dip it in the ONR
bucket... wring it out really well and replace in the tube.

I never have to wash it, never have to worry about mildew, it`s always damp and ready, it never streaks or scratches, its always ready at a car show in case of a runaway rain shower...

Also great for tubs, showers, bathroom mirrors, sinks, etc. And they last forever!!!

And for 10 bucks, it`s pretty hard to beat!

Yet, I`ve read or heard people say..... "You couldn`t pay me enough to use an Absorber!" Why????

Hard for me to understand after using them for almost 20 years with nothing but good experiences!

Husker Z
10-30-2009, 01:53 PM
My go-to towel is the big microfiber from Griots, but I have 4 Absorbers that I use regularly and one I`ve had since I was 16, almost 17 years old.

imported_RaskyR1
10-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Have you ever tried the large "Water Sprite" Bill?

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/anrsales/ws816.jpg

I find them to work as well as the Absorber, but they don`t have the clinging effect the Absorbers do. They work better after a few uses too...

imported_Luster
10-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Have you ever tried the large "Water Sprite" Bill?

I find them to work as well as the Absorber, but they don`t have the clinging effect the Absorbers do. They work better after a few uses too...

Haven`t tried one.... but I think I`ll pick one up!

The reason I don`t have clinging issues with the Absorber is because of the method I use when drying. I DON`T lay the Absorber out flat on the paint. I fold it in quarters and wipe from front to back, re-folding the Absorber until it is full of water, then wring and repeat.

imported_Bunky
10-30-2009, 05:30 PM
I have been taught to not like the Absorber.

imported_yabstoy
10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
I also like the Absorber. I lay the Absorber flat on the paint and let water soak into the the material without wiping. Sort of like dabbing a baby`s behind. There is no wiping pressure put on the Absorber to let the water dribble back on to the surface. I also use a 2 roll wringer to squeeze the water out.

rockymountaindetail
10-30-2009, 06:42 PM
I`ve used nothing but the Absorber for many years. I have a few as well and they do last forever. Easy to clean and easy to use!

imported_Mr. Clean
10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Use one myself on some of the larger vehicles with lots of horizontal panels as well as back in the day when the full-sized custom vans were everywhere with a ton `o glass. Superior to the MF once either becomes saturated with moisture as you can wring it out and it performs as well as when you began. The MF, which can be wrung out to a point just doesn`t continue to absorb moisture at the same rate.

I also follow what could be at least a similar method to Luster`s, that is I fold the towel in quarters, but just lightly skim the edge across the surface. You have to move slowly to allow the towel to work or you`ll just be pushing a fair amount of water.

Husker Z
10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
On a side note, drying the vehicle is BY FAR my most hated part of cleaning my cars. I normally just hit the highway and let nature take its course at a high rate of speed, then wipe off the remnants when I get home.

bmw5541
10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Interesting.
I posted on another forum about the Absorber, and ppeople thaught I was crazy for using it instead of a WW. Most of the replies said that it was too easy to drag something accross the paint and do some damage to the paint.

I used to use it, but am now using a MF WW and I must say that I do like the WW better.

Tucson buffer
10-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Bill, who sell`s the absorber and can you order online?

Husker Z
10-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Another side note about the Absorber, I washed my original one for the first time, years and years ago, with my towels, which were all red. Well, it came out of the wash bright red. I said right then that I should market colored Absorbers. Well, 5-6 years later what do I see on the shelves? Colored Absorbers.

I like the Absorbers, but I don`t think it can compete with my Griots WW Towel, I love that thing.