PDA

View Full Version : LC Flats or Hex Logic pads?

imported_brianshaeffer
07-30-2001, 02:23 PM
I have a friend with an old vette who wants to Zaino his car, but doesn`t have the time. There are some local people who use Zaino for detailing and was curious what`s the going rate for the initial works (dawn wash, clay bar through 2 or 3 coats of Z5/Z6)

DETAILKING
07-30-2001, 02:36 PM
All that will cost $$...its a multi day process.

You said "old" vette. If the paint is mint it is one thing, but if not, it would cost even more for cleaning, swirl removal, and initial prep.

If the paint was in good shape, mostly swirl free, and clean, for a clay, dawn wash, Z1 and Z2, and exterior trim and windows, I would charge at least 100 bucks. Additional Z7 washes and layers of Z2 would probably be around 30-50 per session, with the exterior trim and windows included too.

[Edited by DETAILKING on 07-30-2001 at 12:41 PM]

ziggo99
10-29-2009, 11:03 PM
So with the money I have, I can buy 1 of 2 kits. One has 7 LC Flat pads, my pick of pads, at 6.5", while the other has 5 Hex Logic pads, 5.5", in a set package that comes with Orange, White, Blue, Black, and Red, all comparable to the LC pads in terms of color to cut. The LC package is at detailedimage and the Hex Logic is at chemicalguys. I read some nice things on the Hex with being almost the same as the LC CSS pads. Which one will provide me with the most contact to the paint for faster and better paint correction and application of polishes, sealants, and waxes, the Flats or the Hexs? Any other insight is wonderful.

dennn
11-02-2009, 04:51 AM
The LC pad quality far exceeds the Hex Logic or similar pads. The LC pads are also cheaper as well.

ziggo99
11-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Have you used the Hex Logic pads?

dennn
11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
If you are referring to the ones from Chemical Guys, then yes. Truthfully I don`t know any other people selling Hex Logic other than CG and Adam`s.

They are decent pads, but they are not cheap, and the foam quality are obviously not as good as Lake Country. There`s nothing wrong with the Hex Logic pads, just too expensive for the quality you are getting.

I compared the Hex Logic 6.5" orange pad side by side with LC orange with M105 on a rotary. LC is the clear winner in terms of finish smoothness and cutting power. There are probably variables, but despite that the LC is still the better choice for the price.

imported_Bunky
11-03-2009, 11:50 AM
If you search around, there are large number of companies selling foam buffing pads with all sorts of patterns. Lake Country sells or makes for others various pads constuctions and patterns. I keep hearing there are only really two fraw foam suppliers and many all use the same basic sources.

ziggo99
11-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I think I`m going to go with the LC kit and buy the 3 pack of Hex Logic pads (Orange, White, Black) that Chemical Guy`s has and report back on how I think the Hex one did.

dennn
11-04-2009, 02:12 AM
If you search around, there are large number of companies selling foam buffing pads with all sorts of patterns. Lake Country sells or makes for others various pads constuctions and patterns. I keep hearing there are only really two fraw foam suppliers and many all use the same basic sources.

A source told me that the Meguiar`s foam pads and some of their wool pads included in their headlight repair kits are produced by Buff and Shine, which also produces the Hex Logic pads for Chemical Guys and Adam`s Polishes. The new Meguiar`s 4" pads look almost identical to Buff and Shine`s own foam pads.

As Todd has stated in another thread, not all Lake Country foam pads are of the same quality! I have seen different variations of Lake Country`s white polishing pads. Although they are similar just from the looks of it, they differ slightly. The difference is not drastic enough to lose sleep over, but if possible, buy your foam pads from Proper Auto Care and you should be safe.

Junebug
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
It`s true all LC pads ain`t the same, I bought some PFW from PAC and some from a cheaper source (TOL) and the TOL pads were not as thick and didn`t work as well, save a buck and get less quality, hard lesson learned!

ziggo99
11-05-2009, 05:56 PM
But it`s also to be stated that LC has the OEM pads which look the same as the ones with the blue backing, minus the blue backing, and are 7/8" instead of the regular 1 1/4". Hence why they`re cheaper.