PDA

View Full Version : Good News!

Arn560
07-29-2001, 07:04 PM
Whats up with this thing? Good/Bad

tthomp82
10-29-2009, 01:41 PM
So after some hustling this morning, I called on a shop here in Houston that works on Rolls Royce, Bentleys, Ferraris and the like. Anyhow, they took a look at the damage I did and said they could fix it by tomorrow at 11:00. And all of this for a quoted price of $200. A costly mistake for sure (lots of detailing supplies I could have ordered), but still gives me a chance to get it into the show Saturday.

I must say I was encouraged to walk in and see a Rolls Royce Phantom, Ferrari F430 Spyder, 1968 Shelby GT500 and a 1957 Corvette in the shop. My fingers are crossed for a good job and I am getting excited about the show again.:clap:

imported_Luster
10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
So after some hustling this morning, I called on a shop here in Houston that works on Rolls Royce, Bentleys, Ferraris and the like. Anyhow, they took a look at the damage I did and said they could fix it by tomorrow at 11:00. And all of this for a quoted price of $200. A costly mistake for sure (lots of detailing supplies I could have ordered), but still gives me a chance to get it into the show Saturday.

I must say I was encouraged to walk in and see a Rolls Royce Phantom, Ferrari F430 Spyder, 1968 Shelby GT500 and a 1957 Corvette in the shop. My fingers are crossed for a good job and I am getting excited about the show again.:clap:

Wow! That`s great and it`s a cheap price to pay if they can make it look like new again!

Hopefully you`ll be happy with the outcome. Please let us know!

tthomp82
10-29-2009, 04:29 PM
They actually looked at the work that had been done and said the dealership had contracted some shoddy work because you could feel the ridge between the racing stripe and the rest of the paint where it should have been smooth.

Very nice guys. I expect to be impressed and will let yall know. Especially anyone here in Houston that may need paint work done that can`t be corrected.

bmw5541
10-30-2009, 08:44 AM
A relatively cheep price to pay for a lesson learned.

I am glad you were able to get it done in time to get your car into the show.

Good luck.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-30-2009, 09:23 AM
This is terrific news. Looks like the worm has turned :)

Now, hopefully they won`t return it all nice and swirley :o

imported_Luster
10-30-2009, 10:09 PM
I`m assuming, by now, you have the car back and it`s fixed! Or you have the car back and it`s not fixed.........:cursing:

I`m hoping they did a really good job and it looks great!

Let us know..........

(I know you`re in your garage right now detailing away for the show tomorrow!!!:clap:)

Puckman
10-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Sorry tthomp if I missed it but what did you have "corrected"? Hopefully i turned out great!