PDA

View Full Version : Imagine buying a house and finding.....

540i
07-29-2001, 02:24 PM
to jason or david b.

i did the perfect shine sequence on my black mdx love the look the depth,except i notice swirl mark when sun hits it on some angle,i have read the archives/old post on this topic they seem to agree on 3m smr since im planning to do it by hand, can i use it on just detailed car,then reapply

or clean it w/ pcl then aio/sg? the area?my wife loves her

just detailed volvo.im sore jason.detailed 2 cars in 3 days.im glad we dont do this weekly..later

JasonC8301
07-29-2001, 02:32 PM
How deep are the swirl marks? 3M SMR is very light, probably have to use 3M Finesse It II to remove the swirls followed by 3M SMR or PCL if a slight haze develops on your black car. Then you would re aio and sg as ususal. The 3M polish removes the Klasse.

The most I can do in one day is QD a MB E430, clay hood and trunk, and put down a coat of AIO and a coat of Souveran and clean all the windows, and dress the trim and the like. Then after that hand wash a dirty BMW X5, Klasse AIO, and then one coat of Blitz. All of this is done by hand. I did not have my PC hand or much more could have been done.

07-29-2001, 02:33 PM
I`m not Jason or David, but I`ll give it a shot.

I`d suggest using 3M`s Finesse It II. 3M Swirl Mark Remover is really really light stuff; one user remarked that it took 4 hours of hand application to do his trunk.

I would strongly suggest that you look into a Porter Cable 7424. This will make your polishes/abrasives applications much easier and quicker.

After your application of Finesse It you can go straight to the AIO and then SG.

07-29-2001, 02:35 PM
It appears Jason answered the post whilst I was typing mine! All those hand applications have honed Jason`s reflexes! Sounds like we agree on every point, anyway;-)

JasonC8301
07-29-2001, 02:39 PM
yes beau, those hand application really help hone in on technique and quickness to spread a even uniform, thin coat of Klasse SG and wax.

Later

Jason

YoSteve
07-29-2001, 02:41 PM
I find that SG also does a lot to hide swirls (on lighter cars anyways).

imported_Luster
10-28-2009, 10:37 PM
..... this under the trash pile in the back yard!

I don`t know the story behind this picture, but it`s been floating around on Corvette Forum for a while... lots of made up stories and rumors!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/dsp_1963/Blog%20photos/VetteMagazine0391.jpg

rockymountaindetail
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
I love the split window vettes!! Man I`m sure the fiberglass guy had a hell of a time doing the resto on that one. I can only imagine what it looked like after it was dragged out of there!!

imported_Tom
10-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Picture looks genuine-stolen?

SilverS8
10-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Can anyone guess the year of this Vette from this angle?

imported_Luster
10-29-2009, 08:07 AM
I love the split window vettes!!

Yeah, being a one-year design, it`s highly popular... at car shows they really draw a crowd!

Picture looks genuine-stolen?

????????

Can anyone guess the year of this Vette from this angle?

Hmmmmmmmm. That`s a tough one.:tongue:

jay56
10-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Given the way the trash is piled up around the Vette, I`m thinking that this was near New Orleans during Katrina.
Just my two cents....

imported_Luster
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Given the way the trash is piled up around the Vette, I`m thinking that this was near New Orleans during Katrina.
Just my two cents....

Could have been...

I`ll bet it would take close to $100k to completely restore that car to original factory specs! (If you hired out all the work.)

imported_broker99
10-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Hmm, now that Obama owns GM and Fannie and Freddie maybe something like this could happen.

Stimulus 3.0

"Buy a new house and the government will give you a brand new car to park in your driveway."

Fine print:
Offer does not include Corvette, Cadillac, or any other car that is not a hybrid. Contact your local Acorn office for loan details and to schedule delivery of vehicles. Government retains all information and voting records.

;)