PDA

View Full Version : Hand Polishing.......

kcopwa1
07-29-2001, 03:04 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know what the difference is between denatured alcohol and isopropyl alcohol?

Some people mix them with vinegar and/or water to clean windows. Is one type of alcohol better than the other?

-- Ed

imported_Luster
10-28-2009, 09:07 PM
I use my PC7424XP for just about everything. But there are times when there are small areas that I just can`t get to with the PC...

If I`m using M105 or 205 with the PC, I use the same polish for hand polishing the tight areas. Seems to work OK........

But I`m wondering if there is something better I can use?

What do you use for hand polishing tight areas?

imported_Woodie
10-29-2009, 04:52 AM
I think that there are some spots that can only be polished by hand.

I usually tackle the tight spots by hand with the same products being used with the machine. I use a terry-towel, MF or foam applicator depending on the aggressiveness level required.

I am (im)patiently waiting for my order of Lake Country CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicator pads to arrive. I`ve ordered as set of three which are made in the same foam as the Orange, White and Red machine pads so that I can better match the hand application to the machine application process.

bmw5541
10-29-2009, 08:30 AM
I think that there are some spots that can only be polished by hand.

I usually tackle the tight spots by hand with the same products being used with the machine. I use a terry-towel, MF or foam applicator depending on the aggressiveness level required.

I am (im)patiently waiting for my order of Lake Country CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicator pads to arrive. I`ve ordered as set of three which are made in the same foam as the Orange, White and Red machine pads so that I can better match the hand application to the machine application process.

I have the CCS Euro Foam pads, and the do work very well. They obviously will not do as good a job as a machine, but give you much better results then a regular foam applicator pad will give you. They are however, considerably larger then the average hand applicator pad.

imported_Luster
10-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I am (im)patiently waiting for my order of Lake Country CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicator pads to arrive.

I have the CCS Euro Foam pads, and the do work very well. They obviously will not do as good a job as a machine, but give you much better results then a regular foam applicator pad will give you. .

I`ll give those a try... I`ve just been using foam wax applicator pads and, even though they yield good results, it takes forever!

Tucson buffer
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Didn`t I read in a thread recently that someone refered to a "finger pad" for those tight areas??

imported_Luster
10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Didn`t I read in a thread recently that someone refered to a "finger pad" for those tight areas??

I have some of those laying around somewhere... a couple years ago I ordered a wheel brush from a detailing supply site and got the finger pads as a freebie... If I can find them, I`ll give it a try.:biggrin:

Old Pirate
10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
The CCS European Foam Hand Polish Applicators are the ticket for what your looking for Bill. http://www.properautocare.com/euhapoap.html

supercharged
10-30-2009, 05:08 AM
there are areas on a car, that best/safest approach would be hand polishing...However you can get 3" or 2" backing plates for rotary and polish with smaller pads...