PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is "Social Networking"?

Pages : [1] 2

John325
07-28-2001, 12:48 PM
I am going to be putting the aio on my Buick Rendezvous. The lower part of the car has a large area of vinyl? cladding. Is it advisable to put the aio on the cladding or should I be using something else? I appreciate any help w/ this.

imported_gewb
07-28-2001, 01:43 PM
The cladding on my wife’s Subaru is painted and clearcoated. AIO works great on it, as did Blitz before I switched over to Klasse. If it’s not painted and is like the plastic on the Ford Escape for example, you might be better off with something like 303.

Adam

fedlawman
07-28-2001, 10:54 PM
I found you John!

The cladding is plastic...the paint is clearcoated, just like the rest of the car. I was once told that in order to paint the plastic parts, an additive is mixed in with the paint to make it more elastic, otherwise, it`s the same paint.

Klasse AIO is great and even after a week-and-a-half, the whole car still feels super slick!

I used a very small amount but, as I was finishing up, I dropped the container and it cracked, spilling half of the contents on the ground. I salvaged the rest in a tupperware container.

Be careful, the container is brittle, not plyable like a soda bottle!

See ya!

John325
07-29-2001, 12:00 AM
I appreciate the help w/ this. And Brian, it`s great seeing you over at this forum. Obviously, many smart people are over here. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have been, even though I`m a "newbee" w/ only 3 posts under my belt.

YoSteve
07-29-2001, 01:15 AM
I use the both AIO and SG on my lower plastic valences. They work so well on plastic too (and on your painted plastic) if you have the twins you can do both.

John325
08-06-2001, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your reply. I do have both products. In fact, just received them upon return from a camping trip. I plan on using them this week. Thanks again.

imported_Pats300zx
08-06-2001, 11:58 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve.Com [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I use the both AIO and SG on my lower plastic valences. They work so well on plastic too (and on your painted plastic) if you have the twins you can do both. [/b]</blockquote>
Just so that I understand you correctly: You`re using the twins on the matte finished side skirts and the matte finish on the front and rear valences? Or have you had these painted?

YoSteve
08-06-2001, 01:02 PM
they`re not painted, OEM. I had a problem with keeping them black, using vinyl protectant worked well but they were browning and fading like tires (no way :( ) so then I let them be and I didn`t like that, so then I scrubbed the heck out of them with AIO and covered it up with SG. No shine because the plastic is rough, but it stays black (and healty looking) and is easy to clean (been that way for over a month now)

John325
08-07-2001, 10:38 PM
The plastic cladding on the Buick Rendezvous is smooth and seems to have a slight shine; So it seems you`re saying the twins will work well on it. Is that correct?

I also bought some 303 at the same time, with the thought of using it on my tires. Is there anything else worthwhile to use the 303 on? Thanks for your help.

JasonC8301
08-07-2001, 10:44 PM
On dash, leather and other stuff http://www.properautocare.com (`http://www.properautocare.com`) mentioned on their site.

Happy Detailing John,
Jason

YoSteve
08-08-2001, 08:20 AM
I think the twins work well on the lower panels usually found on the lower parts of like a ford escape, or a Rav 4 or a cavelier bumper that`s not painted (is that what vinyl cladding is?) those parts should get Klasse twins (and anything else that could be replaced by a painted panel.

The rubber and dash and any black plastic and stuff should get 303.

The lower valences on my car (black rough plastic) , I had trouble keeping it black using dash stuff, so I ended up putting AIO to cleanse it and covered it up with SG for protection, it seemed to work well. On these parts I could have done either but not really both or maybe just the AIO to cleanse and 303 to protect. (I guess everyone will just have to experiment. -HTH

John325
08-08-2001, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the information. I`ll get underway this week to detail 2 cars: Bonneville & Rendezvous. I`m sure I`ll be pleased w/ the results. Thanks again guys.

JasonC8301
08-08-2001, 09:50 AM
Can`t wait to see those pictures.

imported_Luster
10-28-2009, 03:35 PM
I keep hearing this terminology on the news and reading it in the newspaper.

What in the world are they talking about?

Yes, I`m old.

Husker Z
10-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I keep hearing this terminology on the news and reading it in the newspaper.

What in the world are they talking about?

Yes, I`m old.

I`m guessing they are referring to sites such as Facebook, My Space, Twitter and stuff like that.