PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoot, KC Style - Lot of Pics

Pages : [1] 2 3

Glozz
07-27-2001, 10:12 PM
Okay so you have a nice car and it`s all pretty and smooth and makes your friends, neighbors and co-workers just stare and admire it.

These "Quick Detailers" are on the market and they somehow remind me of "Waterless Carwash" which is crap (I`ve tried it on my old car). So after you get home on a sunny day and you see dust on your car, do you first dust it off with a duster and then use the stuff? Or do you just spray it on and wipe it off and do a quick buff job?

I`m worried about scratches (even with rain, or pollen or road dust). Please tell me what you do and what brand you use. I`m leaning towards Pinnacle Crystal Mist. However I`ll keep an open mind and read your thoughts on this subject.

Thanks...

Don2000g
07-27-2001, 10:20 PM
Many on this forum are big fans of quick detailers. If you have a carnauba wax on your car, then its a good idea to use a quick detailer with carnauba to help rejuvenate the carnauba coat on your car. It will replenish it with trace amounts of carnauba and make your wax coat last longer. Works very well. When you do use these quick detailers, they give the appearance of a virtual identical look of a just waxed car. Looks very nice. Some of the favorite carnauba quick detailers are Eiman Fabrik Clear Pearl, One Grand Show Off and even the Pinnacle Crystal Myst, despite the fact that this latter one is very expensive.

At any rate, yes, most people use a California Duster to begin the cleaning of minor dust. We then follow with a quick detailer. But I suppose you could just quick detail without using the duster. Anyway, when quick detailing, the best towel to use on all products, with maybe the exception of the Zaino quick detailer, are microfiber towels. The best one is the Miracle Towel. Very nice towel for this function. Laters.

imported_Brad
07-27-2001, 10:54 PM
I couldn`t have said it better than Don. Get a bottle ordered today!

carljr1989
07-27-2001, 11:15 PM
I use Pinnacle Crystal Mist daily and it sure keeps that just waxed look on the car. Can`t live with out it.

ISLANDSBEST
07-28-2001, 02:33 AM
I lightly dust off the car, with no pressure, then QD with a solution of 50% distilled water and 50% Z6, the Zaino gloss and QD product. This is the only QD that was designed to work with Zaino. I do not think the QDs containing wax would be appropriate to use on a Zaino`ed car, though I would be interested in the experiences of anyone who has tried.

MrPongoSS
07-28-2001, 10:22 PM
I use Meguiars Quick Detailer Mist & Wipe. It is a good product and really does not take very long to do a whole car. But it recommends using 100% Terry Towels, I have found this to not be the best to use with the Quick Detailer as it leaves a lot of lint behind (no matter what you do).

Meguiars offers an applicator I believe but what I have found to be the best is Cotton Clothes/Towels. They work excellent and do not leave any lint or residue behind.

I also heard that Mothers makes a good product, but have not tried it myself.

[Edited by stevecham on 07-28-2001 at 08:31 PM]

Don2000g
07-28-2001, 10:54 PM
Give Meguiar`s some time. They`ll catch on to the benefits of using microfiber towels for quick detailing.

DCT
07-29-2001, 03:51 AM
Meguiars has already said they are now going to recommend using there Ultimate Wipe microfiber towels in replacement of 100% cotton towels. So far, this is the best MT towel I`ve found for the price ($6.00). However, I haven`t used the Miracle towel yet so I can`t compare the two.

DaGonz
07-29-2001, 07:24 AM
in maintaining a clean vehicle are the California Car Dusters and quick detailer! I keep a Cali dash duster, car duster, QD and towels in my truck at all times. If there is lint on the finish after QD`ing, I go over it with the duster. I`ve turned a lot of my brother firefighters onto this combination; their cars and trucks are looking good. Unfortunately, there still are a few "infidels" who`s vehicles look like they belong on the set of <strong class=`bbc`>Sanford and Son[/b] :D

07-29-2001, 08:39 AM
I really like Meguiar`s "Quick Detailer" and Pinnacle`s Crystal Mist, the Clear Pearl is good also - except for one time, I have always QD`d my car right after washing and drying - I have a CA Car Duster but only used it a couple of times, just didn`t like the idea of dragging something across a dirty car - when I run out I plan on trying the Mother`s one (Showtime?) because I`ve used several of their products and they are all excellent

dvd
07-29-2001, 08:44 AM
I`ll use a QD, but only after a wash and dry (which usually eliminates the need for it :-)

While I`ll dust with a brush, I`d never ever rub my car with anything without washing first. What if there`s a grain of grit on the surface that the duster doesn`t remove ?

Barbarians !

Bob

imported_Jared
07-29-2001, 10:09 AM
Is this how I am getting very fine scratches in my car? It`s kept outside most of the time so a lot of dust/dirt accumulates on it. First I use a Cali Car Duster followed by Clear Pearl and a MT. Does this sound right?

Bruce
07-29-2001, 10:19 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AutoBob [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`ll use a QD, but only after a wash and dry (which usually eliminates the need for it :-)[/b]</blockquote>When I first started detailing and found this forum I had never even heard of quick detailing. Sure enough, when you look at the car care sections in many super markets, drug stores, hardware stores, etc. there often isn`t a single QD displayed. So I figured I`d never get THAT involved in detailing, and pretty much ignored it while trying to learn the basics. But now I can`t do without it.

Then I wondered if people used it after washing. Sounded pretty anal to me, but when I asked it turned out that many (most?) here use QD right after washing. So I tried it and found that it makes a significant difference in both looks and feel. It also takes care of those spots you missed while washing (and drying).

YoSteve
07-29-2001, 02:30 PM
I use QD mainly as a non-wax stripping bug and bird crap remover. I`m more afraid of the damage to having that stuff stay on there for a week then tiny scratches caused by the QD

07-29-2001, 02:44 PM
Watering down Zaino`s QD would also mean you`re watering down the benefits and lubrication of Zaino`s QD. I`m sure another non-Carnauba quick detailer would be fine. Zaino may be a different formulation, but it didn`t fall from the sky; it`s essentially the same stuff used elsewhere.

I`ve used Meguiar`s Quik (sic) Detailer, Meguiar`s Final Inspection, Mothers Showtime, Finish First`s Finish Fast, Wizards Mist-N-Shine, One Grand Show-Off, Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl.

My favourite carnabua quick detailer for cars finished with wax: One Grand Show-Off

My favourite non-carnauba quick detailer for cars finished with a sealant: Wizards` Mist-N-Shine

arcticwhite, one thing that really struck me about the Mothers QD was the overwhelming smell of alcohol; which is the main ingrediant in some quick detailers. For example, 3M`s quick detailer is more than 90% water, mixed with some isopropyl alcohol. I`m not paying $8 a bottle for that.