PDA

View Full Version : Time for my own stuff, finally! BFWD party

Pages : [1] 2 3

07-25-2001, 06:23 PM
I received some Zymol Japon and HD Cleanse today in the mail. I plan on doing the trunk of my car, half Japon/HD Cleanse, half Blitz/Omega Glaze.

I think I`ll make it a blind test, and ask my fellow forum members to judge for themselves which looks better. I will take photo`s again after 4-6 weeks to reevaluate the longevity of the two brands and ask for you to vote again.

Zymol Japon: 4.87 per ounce (8 ounce package)

One Grand Blitz: 1.53 per ounce (10 ounce package)

Zymol HD Cleanse: 1.97 per ounce (16 ounce package)

One Grand Omega Glaze: .70 per ounce (16 ounce package)

All prices were derived from one retailer who carried both lines, and comperably sized containers to make approximate cost per ounce accurate and fair.

As you can see, Zymol was over 3 times as much as One Grand for their wax, and Zymol`s cleaner was almost 3 times as much as One Grand`s comperable product.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or other input concerning my test.

The winner of this shootout could then be tested against Pinnacle Souveran and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion in a similar shootout.

carljr1989
07-25-2001, 07:27 PM
Zymol Japon is a low-end wax. If you really want to get into wax testing, try Zymol`s 3 wax sampler kits. If you dont like them you can always use the provided storage case to store your blitz wax.

http://www.zymol.com/samplerk.jpg

Don2000g
07-25-2001, 07:58 PM
Well that low end wax from Zymol costs TWICE as much as Blitz.

07-25-2001, 08:57 PM
Eurosport, why would we do a product comparison between a product that was $1.53 per ounce versus a product that was $100 dollars an ounce? That would be like comparing an M3, Boxster, S2000 and one of your beloved Lambourghini`s against each other.

carljr1989
07-25-2001, 11:05 PM
Beau,

The Lambo is a proven car and there is no need to test it to see if it is fast.

However some members here claim that Zymol Concours wax is not up to par with Blitz. I find that more interesting to test since there is already a debate about it.

So far I havent found anyone that uses the JAPON wax. The common waxes are CREAM for light color cars & CARBON for dark ones.

FYI the cost per 4oz. is about 25$ if you buy the Concours kit.

imported_Adamah
07-25-2001, 11:15 PM
Has a Lamborghini ever been entered in an endurance race?

Just curious.

Andre'
07-25-2001, 11:22 PM
Eurosport what makse Zymol Japon wax low end? Is it just the price?

07-26-2001, 01:22 AM
If anyone believes there is any major difference between Zymol`s less expensive waxes; I have some swamp land in Florida to sell them.

News Flash! Zymol just came out with a wax specifically for Z3`s! I`m serious. It`s more sad than funny, I guess.

Zymol Carbon = Japon = Saab = Volvo = Talon, etc.

Eurosport, you missed the message in my analogy. The point of a shoot-out is to compare apples to apples, not apples to truffles.

DETAILKING
07-26-2001, 08:03 AM
RSX wax. It is probably the same crap repackaged, but even if it is different, no way is it worth 100-200 bucks. I mean, I look at it 2 ways. There is absolute value, and customer value.

Absolute value is what you pay for the product compared to what it cost to make. These carnuba mixtures are very inexpensive to make. Now don`t go saying they are hand made, fancy packaging, small batches,etc,etc....I don`t care about that, and I don`t believe that quality is any better than if the process was automated. So anyway, if a product only cost a few bucks MAX to make, it`s poor absolute value to pay 50-100 times that.

Customer value is what the product is worth to me. If it works miracles better than anything else and I love it, I will pay the 100-200 bucks......but there are other products out there that work better or just as good, or almost as good (very minimal) for 50 times less money in this case. I mean, why don`t they at least give out free samples so one doesn`t have to spend 200 bucks only to find out they don`t like the stuff............I don`t know how they stay in business.

carljr1989
07-26-2001, 11:59 AM
Andre, low-end when compared to the rest of their products.

Detailking,

They stay in bussiness the same way Rolex stays in bussiness. Why buy a Rolex when a Timex will do.

Beau, a 15$ wax compared to a 39$ wax is not apples to apples.

DETAILKING
07-26-2001, 12:03 PM
Does zymol make a better quality car product?

JasonC8301
07-26-2001, 12:16 PM
I abused my timex and it still runs well..some of the stuff I did to this watch, throw it across a room 10+ times (bored). Smash it on concrete, throw it in a pool and stuff.. its takes a liking and keeps on tiking. This timex is of course one of the ironman shock resistant ones (less than $50).

I do have a genuine imitation rolex. If it was real, I wouldn`t do what I did to the Timex. its collecting dust somewhere in my room.

My most prized timepice is my Citizen NaviHawk (thunderbird (an air force unit similar to the blue angles) version, not the popular blue angels one). I keep it wrapped in a flannel cloth when not in use. The crystal/mineral lens on this watch is perfect, no scratches what so ever..would help if I wore it more often.

I`ll stop my babbling and get back on topic...

Zymol may be all marketing but they do keep me busy with reading their ingredients...something Blitz does not do..But hey as long as it performs well, I`m going to use it.

07-26-2001, 01:35 PM
Rolex`s aren`t the best watches made, nor are the the most expensive. They wouldn`t even make the top 5 list of Swiss watchmakers. Much like Zymol, it`s clever marketing; and buying an image.

Ken B
07-26-2001, 04:08 PM
No one on this forum has said that Zymol is bad, it just does not last very muchâ€

Most posts state that One-Grand is a better deal because it is inexpensive, shines at par with the expensive stuff and lasts a long time.

Everyone agrees that polymers provide protection that really lasts a long time, the Wax is just to make the polymer look a little better and to get a chance to feel the car up close and personal more often.

What Zymol has is great marketing and a decent product to back it up.

Yes, Their marketing is excellent, they make a product that meets the expectations of people who have a lot of disposable incomeâ€

* “All natural†waxes that smell nice (Carnauba and fruit oils, very trendy but I am not sure what a natural product has to do with a modern clear-coat)

* Price point to ensure that people who buy them also have garages (mucho $$$)

* They require a lot of time and energy to apply (Put a very small amount of the glaze to the palm of your hand. Use the warmth of your hands to melt the Carnauba. With your hand, gently apply the glaze in a light, even pattern over no more than two or three square feet of painted surfaceâ€. Which show your loving care for the machine you drive)

* Their “mantra†is to emulate Concurs winning cars. (Money, Status, Class)

The product meets the buyer’s expectations†it does provides shine and durability is better that most “over the counter†waxes, specially on “Garage Queensâ€

This formula works so well the sold their name to Turtle Wax, for the X-mart versions†What would happen if 3M walked in to Sal’s office with a few Million for his formulas?

So if you prefer to answer inquiries about your car’s shine with:

Well I use this $200 - $1000 Wax that I have to apply by hand and remove with special towelsâ€

Zymol is just the ticket!

Don2000g
07-27-2001, 12:05 AM
Ok, now for the question that everyone want to know. Beau, what are some Swiss watches that are better than Rolex. I`m quite the ignorant person when it comes to material things like expensive watches. I wouldn`t know the difference between a Rolex and a Timex. By the way, I`ve never owned or worn a watch in my life. Never will. Just curious. Oh, and more or less, how much would these watches run, including a Rolex. Thanks.