PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions??

Pages : [1] 2

salty dog
07-25-2001, 05:27 PM
Hi All,

I`m a newbie here....first let me say what great site this is! I have a newbie question...I have a `01 topaz blue BMW 325i sedan. I`ve heard alot about Zaino, but wanted to try something different so after reading the positive feedback from those of you who use Klasse AIO/SG and EF products, I decided to purchase the Klasse Concours kit and a bottle of EF Clear Pearl mist from CMA. Prior to applying the AIO/SG, I washed the car using the reccommeded 2 bucket process, Meguiars car wash w/chenille covered sponge, then dried with the Water Blade and The Absorber. I noticed some microfine scratches on the hood, so I applied 3M handglaze using a Microfiber applicator and buffed out with a MF towel. I applied 2 thin coats each of AIO and SG using the MF applicators included in the kit, topped with Mothers carnuba wax and QD every other day with Clear Pearl Mist and a MF towel. Needless to say, the results are absolutely amazing! The paint shine is brilliant...it even stands out in a dark garage. I do have a problem though...today I noticed some fine scratches on the hood. I`m sure my mistake was using the 3M handglaze..."fills" instead of removes the scratches (I`m learning!). I want to remove the scratches and get the best results, so do I need to remove the AIO/SG and start over? What do you recommend to remove the scratches from a new factory clearcoated metallic paint finish? Sorry to be so long-winded, but I just want to do it the right way.

Thanks in advance....

Don2000g
07-25-2001, 07:47 PM
Try 3M Finesse It 2. It is an excellent product for this function and can be used by hand. Many of us use this product. And don`t worry it`s perfectly fine to use on a new car. The 3M Finesse It 2 should remove the AIO and Klasse SG. You may need to use 2 applications of the Finesse It 2 to get the desired results that you want. Then just go ahead and apply the All in One and Sealant Glaze again. Laters.

slacktr
07-25-2001, 08:22 PM
As I know from this forum, AIO removes 3M IHG. So when you apply the AIO, the `fills` of IHG is removed. 3M Finesse It 2 is pretty good. If you are little worry, you can try 3M Swirlmark remover since it is only a minor scratch.

Good Luck

drmcetta
07-25-2001, 08:28 PM
will AIO remove FI2 then?

ALM
07-25-2001, 08:43 PM
AIO should remove anything that it is applied over, including AIO (someone correct me if I am wrong).

I personally would use 3M SMR to remove the scratches from the hood of your 325i. Its mild, but I personally would feel more comfortable using it on new paint. Worse comes to worse it takes you a bit longer to remove the swirls.

On a side note, if you think your car looks good now, try using Blitz wax as a topper instead of the Mother`s wax, it will knock your socks off.

07-25-2001, 09:00 PM
Steve buddy, our forum moderator used Finesse It II over his then brand new S4 Audi! It`s perfectly safe.

And who was the person who spent 4 hours with SMR on their hood?

Please don`t scare people away from using Finesse It II; the stuff really is mild.

imported_Brad
07-25-2001, 09:48 PM
I agree that FI is a great product. I have used it for years as a final prep prior to waxing. (all my cars) Only one time recently did I find the need to use a finer product to remove a slight hazing after FI use. This was on, oddly enough, a late model BMW. (soft clearcoat?)

tthomp82
10-27-2009, 09:10 AM
So my first car show is coming up this weekend and the weather should be great. My primary competition should be other Mustangs, but it is open.

I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for anything I could do to put the car over the top? ... other than Blackfire Wet Diamond of course. What impresses you the most about a car being shown?

Thanks.

DLB
10-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Having been in shows and been to tons of shows I say that what puts a car over the top is...the attention to details.

Honestly...I have seen some vehicles with immaculate paint, awesome wheels, and nice interiors, only to find wax in the seams, discolored exhaust pipes, and some rusty screw heads. Of course, if you are talking about the car in your avatar - you are in pretty good shape, as it isn`t old enough to have some problems I have seen.

Best of luck with the show - post some pictures!

DLB

imported_Flash Gordon
10-27-2009, 09:25 AM
So my first car show is coming up this weekend and the weather should be great. My primary competition should be other Mustangs, but it is open.

I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for anything I could do to put the car over the top? ... other than Blackfire Wet Diamond of course. What impresses you the most about a car being shown?

Thanks.

Depends on who`s judging the event...Is this being put on by a Church group, local car club...

Or is it being judged by profesional trained concouse judges? Will it be an indoor or outdoor event....Alot of what you will want to focus on is presentation...give them something to remember you by

tthomp82
10-27-2009, 09:31 AM
This show is being put on by the Mustang Club of Houston.

Best is show will be voted on by participants.

imported_Luster
10-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Depends on who`s judging the event...Is this being put on by a Church group, local car club...

Or is it being judged by profesional trained concouse judges? Will it be an indoor or outdoor event....Alot of what you will want to focus on is presentation...give them something to remember you by

Isn`t that the truth?!!!! What usually counts is "How much do I like this car?"

I used to have a customized Pontiac Grand Prix. One year at the Grand Prix Nationals, I won Best in Class, Best Engine, 2nd Place Overall.

What the judges told me, that really made my car stand out was three things:

1. The engine bay was immaculate right down to the motor mounts and hinges. (they were using flashlights)

2. The springs, shocks, brake calipers and rotors were all freshly painted with not one spec of rust or dirt.

3. The wheel wells looked brand new.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you do!!!

imported_Flash Gordon
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM

Oh, if this is the case I recommend you get 2 or 3 girls in short shorts to hang around the car and smile alot.....:drool5:

You want even have to wash it.......:smile:

tthomp82
10-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I am sure that would get vetoed by the girlfriend.:scared:

She did notice the other day how shiny it was even down to the blue sway bars cleaned and waxed and the gas tank cover dressed.

I will try to take lots of pictures to share.

Still looking for last minute suggestions.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-27-2009, 01:23 PM
how shiny it was even down to the blue sway bars cleaned and waxed and the gas tank cover dressed.

Still looking for last minute suggestions.

Sounds like you got the details down...

I would park it in a very visable location. I would also try to meet and greet as many ppl as possible...Hard not to vote for the nice guy with the spotless car ;)