PDA

View Full Version : Hot water extractor?????

Pages : 1 [2] 3

imported_broker99
10-26-2009, 06:38 PM
The LGM works for the a home owner who just wants to take care of his/her car. But for using all the time for a business it won`t make it. We do sell Mytee Extractor`s : http://www.properautocare.com/myteeproducts.html

Thanks. That Mytee is nice but a bit out of my price range.

Old Pirate
10-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks. That Mytee is nice but a bit out of my price range.

You can use the TID discount or any one of the discounts that come along on it.

imported_Stokdgs
10-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I just used my Mytee HP601 to clean some really clean gray carpets out of a Cobalt Ski Boat this afternoon.
After vacuuming with my MetroVac VNB-73 and then spraying a professional cleaner on the carpets and extracting with 187 degree water, I still managed to pull out about 3 gallons of dark brown water out of these very low tight pile gray capets!
They didnt look dirty or brown, they looked fine before and after vacuuming, but I still managed to get alot the dirt that sits at the bottom of the pile out.

I still vote Yes for extractors, and if you get a bigger one, you can also use it inside to do your own carpeting with a standard long, 2-jet wand and start saving money on calling the Stanley Steemer, etc., guys out..

I believe the water lift on mine is 135" of lift, so that is pretty darn good.
Believe the really big units give you like 200" of lift, so that means they make fewer passes while mine may take a few more to get almost all the water, soap residue, dirt, etc., out.

They even make extractors and tools to clean grout, tile, all kinds of stuff..

Dan F

lsaylor
12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I`m looking to purchase an auto detailing hot water extractor for my son-in-law for xmas---anyone have any suggestions? I`ve been looking at the mytee lite 2 8070, duramaid 1600 and Aztec. They all fall in the 600-800 price range (top of my range is $1000 max) and I`m just not sure which features are more important. PSI, heating time, tank capacity? I have no clue so any help would be appreciated.

Puckman
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I`ve used my Mytee Lite II 8070 for about 2 years now and absolutely love it. The only thing I`ve learned to do is fill the clean water tank with super hot water from the wash room first. That helps the heat time up faster (about 10 minutes vs. 20 minutes). Also, I`ve never filled the dirty tank up even after a full sized SUV so the capacities are right for me. If he`s only doing one vehicle at a time this machine has worked very well in my experience.

My only regret is not having the crevice tool. If adding that stays within your budget I would suggest that.

imported_Stokdgs
12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I agree with Puckman -

His extractor is a really good one, and you do need at least 2 tools, an upholstery/carpet tool and a a crevice tool.
Next, you have to decide if you want an external jet on the tool or internal jet, which might cost a little more.
I would get the external jet carpet/upholstery tool, and the internal jet crevice tool since it is easier to control the water in tight spaces with the water jet inside the crevice tool. Also if you get an internal jet crevice tool make sure it has a sliding cover on it to take away some of the suction of the vacuum so that you can spray the hot solution on the area and not have the vacuum sucking up part of it at the same time. Then after you spray the solution from the tool, you slide the cover over the opening, and proceed to extract all the water and soap mixture out of the crevice...

I wouldnt bother with a customized, "better" carpet tool, because I have one and it doesnt pull as much water out as I would like because it was not made as well - the flanged end that goes on the carpet leaks air so you are not getting all the extraction power from this tool only..
Another thing you need to consider is that putting water down into carpeting, cloth upholstery, etc, means you have to get it all up or as much as possible, and if you dont, then you have a certain amount of "drying time" you have to add to your project, so this may involve getting a Mytee Air Mover, or someone else`s air mover to help blow air into your vehicle to speed up the drying process.
Good luck with this, someone is going to be very happy !!!
DanF

imported_Stokdgs
12-10-2009, 08:13 PM
And regarding your question about which brand to buy, I also have a Mytee brand and its been around a long time, and replacement parts are easy to obtain.
I also looked at the Durrmaid, Aztec, and thought they would be too small and the tanks too small for my purposes. What you dont want to do is having to go keep filling up the water tank and emptying out the recovery tank all the time.
This site through Proper Autocare sells the Mytee brand and with any discounting going on you may have an opportunity to get a good unit at a great price !!

Dan F

gmblack3
12-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I have the Mytee HP60. Great machine for sure. The Mytee 8070 is also nice at a smaller size, I had one of those for a while.

HP60 has 137" of water lift.
8070 has approx 85" of water lift.

No doubt the mytee`s are the best quality machines out there.

Street Dreams
12-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Does anyone else have a LGM? How well does it work? I have seen reman ones fairly cheap.

The LGM is a a great alternative IMHO. I dont do high volume work so time isnt a huge factor for me and to be honest the LMG with a good cleaner in it works fine. It takes a while to suck out the solution but it can get out some bad stuff.

Extractor is better but the size and cost factors are too much for me.

David Fermani knows a lot about how to clean carpets using pre-treatments and all sorts of specialized solutions.. without an extractor.

imported_broker99
12-10-2009, 09:44 PM
The LGM is a a great alternative IMHO. I dont do high volume work so time isnt a huge factor for me and to be honest the LMG with a good cleaner in it works fine. It takes a while to suck out the solution but it can get out some bad stuff.

Extractor is better but the size and cost factors are too much for me.

David Fermani knows a lot about how to clean carpets using pre-treatments and all sorts of specialized solutions.. without an extractor.

UPDATE

I bought a reman LGM off ebay for $50. It works pretty well for 50 bucks. For the hobbiest like me it not a bad deal. If I had to use it everyday I dont think it would hold up. I am happy with it so far.

lsaylor
12-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I appreciate all the responses and insight regarding the hot water extractor. Great sight for information.

lsaylor
12-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I agree with Puckman -

His extractor is a really good one, and you do need at least 2 tools, an upholstery/carpet tool and a a crevice tool.
Next, you have to decide if you want an external jet on the tool or internal jet, which might cost a little more.
I would get the external jet carpet/upholstery tool, and the internal jet crevice tool since it is easier to control the water in tight spaces with the water jet inside the crevice tool. Also if you get an internal jet crevice tool make sure it has a sliding cover on it to take away some of the suction of the vacuum so that you can spray the hot solution on the area and not have the vacuum sucking up part of it at the same time. Then after you spray the solution from the tool, you slide the cover over the opening, and proceed to extract all the water and soap mixture out of the crevice...

I wouldnt bother with a customized, "better" carpet tool, because I have one and it doesnt pull as much water out as I would like because it was not made as well - the flanged end that goes on the carpet leaks air so you are not getting all the extraction power from this tool only..
Another thing you need to consider is that putting water down into carpeting, cloth upholstery, etc, means you have to get it all up or as much as possible, and if you dont, then you have a certain amount of "drying time" you have to add to your project, so this may involve getting a Mytee Air Mover, or someone else`s air mover to help blow air into your vehicle to speed up the drying process.
Good luck with this, someone is going to be very happy !!!
DanF
Back again---but a couple more questions about the external and internet jets on the tools. The mytee lite 8070 comes with an upholstery/carpet tool and I see that I can purchase that crevice tool. But, nowhere do I see anything about external/internal jets, etc. Is this something separate to be purchased? Again---clueless mother-in-law. What do I know--and I don`t want to give away the secret so I can`t ask him!

Cleaning Fool
12-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I`m looking to purchase an auto detailing hot water extractor for my son-in-law for xmas---anyone have any suggestions? I`ve been looking at the mytee lite 2 8070, duramaid 1600 and Aztec. They all fall in the 600-800 price range (top of my range is $1000 max) and I`m just not sure which features are more important. PSI, heating time, tank capacity? I have no clue so any help would be appreciated.

Try to get 100 PSI if you can, probobly the main thing I would say to look for. 100 psi units will have better vacuum than a 60 psi unit. Tank capacity, heating time, not really going to vary a whole lot in that price range.

Cleaning Fool
12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Back again---but a couple more questions about the external and internet jets on the tools. The mytee lite 8070 comes with an upholstery/carpet tool and I see that I can purchase that crevice tool. But, nowhere do I see anything about external/internal jets, etc. Is this something separate to be purchased? Again---clueless mother-in-law. What do I know--and I don`t want to give away the secret so I can`t ask him!

Im sure the 8070 carpet/upholstery tool is external jet. An internal jet Carpet/Upholstery tool would have to be purchased separately. I would just use the external jet tool that comes with the unit.

Cleaning Fool
12-10-2009, 11:20 PM
You also need to look at getting a good cleaner that works well with extractors. I recommend ProChem UltraPac or Prochem Powerburst, google and you can find them on the net. I used to use these in my carpet cleaning biz, both work very very well. Would also recommend you get some defoamer for the waste tank, its going to foam up as it vacuums water and shut the unit off when the foam gets to the top of the tank, which is a nuiscance.