PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s new W7207 shedding foam

Pages : [1] 2

Dark Silver
07-24-2001, 08:04 PM
If one uses Klasse All-In-One followed by SG, would using a carnuba based instant detailer be out of the question? Especially if you planned on additional layers of SG in the future. What does the forum recommend?

Thanks!

jkochis
07-24-2001, 08:19 PM
I use Clear Pearl. I wash weekly, and QD once, maybe twice. Before reapplying SG I wash, and have had no problems with bonding. If you QD every day, they maybe it would build up enough to prevent a good bonding, but in my case, I dont have a problem. If you QD a lot, I`d go with Final Inspection to avoid any issues.

07-24-2001, 09:05 PM
Just like how Pinnacle Crystal Mist is the king of carnauba quick detailers, Wizards Mist-N-Shine is the king of non-carnauba quick detailers. I`ve tried Meguiar`s Quik Detailer, Meguiar`s Final Inspection, Finish First`s Finish Fast, Mother`s Showtime; Mist-N-Shine was my favourite.

They use it at the BMW Of San Francisco. They have a body shop there, so perhaps that`s why?

Dark Silver
07-24-2001, 10:50 PM
Thanks alot for the insight.

I have most of a gallon of One Grand Show Off, and it was the potential build up that brought me to the question. I`ll save it for the yearly claying, and occasional usage. I can`t see it really building up much, but what the hec. I feel a need to buy a new product, anyhow.

I believe I`m gonna go with the Final Inspection, a gallon jug of it, but only b/c it`s readily available here. Where can I get the Wizzard Mist and Shine in a gallon jug? I need it in bulk, as instant detailer is the product I use the most.

As before, thanks to the forum members, you really are great...great car freaks!

imported_wulffy888
07-26-2001, 03:43 PM
Call the company at 1-800-356-7223 and they can tell you.

ISLANDSBEST
07-30-2001, 01:21 AM
Has anyone used a QD with Zaino, other than Z6? If so, how did it work?

Brad B
07-30-2001, 07:38 AM
I have, and it works great. Just be sure to QD with Z6 before layering any more Z2. I have used Wizards Mist & Shine and EF Clear Pearl on Zaino.

DETAILKING
07-30-2001, 11:26 AM
Do what works best for you, but I figured this was appropriate for this thread.

------------------------------------------

No!!!!. Please Do not put any other detailer on top of Zaino.

Zaino Show Car Polish is 99.9% optically perfect. Do not put anything on

top of Zaino except Zaino. That would defeat the whole purpose of my product.

Z-6 and Meguiars detailer are two completely different products.....

Stay away from other brand Quick detailers. They are not compatible with Zaino. Most of these product are just water, propanol

and silicone oil, they will leave a film on Zaino and detract from the optical clarity.

They might also make your car more prone to dust pickup. Plus the dust

will stick to your paint finish. Dust sticking to paint = Swirl Marks &

fine scratches.

Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray was designed for use over Show Car polish.

It will bond to Show Car polish and increase gloss, light reflectivety,

durability and provide the antistatic effect.

Z-6 can be used immediately after removing Z-2 or Z-5 polish for an

extra Gloss Boost. Or you can use Z-6 right before you apply your next

coat of polish. Most of my customers use Z-6 right after the polish

removal and then before they apply the next coat of polish, to remove

any light dust. Either way is up to you. Z-6 is also a great quick

detailer between car washes, to remove light dust and soil, bug dropping and any water spots.

Z-6 really helps give a three dimensional look. Use Z-6 very sparingly, less

than one ounce will do your whole car. Very lightly mist only the center of a 1 foot square section on the car. Immediately buff with a 100% cotton towel until dry.

You will feel the surface get slicker and slicker. Turn towel

frequently. Repeat on next section until entire car is finished. Do not let Z-6 dry on car. If Z-6 drys by itself just reapply Z-6 to affected area and rebuff until completely dry. Then get the sunglasses out.

Hope this helps...

------------------

Thank You,

Sal Zaino

(732)833-8800

Brad B
07-30-2001, 12:56 PM
Z6 is probably the "best" QD for a Zaino finish. Certainly the slickest. As far as optics. I can`t tell. And I doubt anyone else can, really. As far as dust, well, I guess my cars just attract it. I haven`t noticed any difference between Zaino and Pinnacle or Klasse on my cars.

While I am <strong class=`bbc`>more[/b] than pleased with the Zaino products, I just don`t think one "has" to use Zaino QD unless you are planning to add anothet Z2 or Z5 layer.

Great stuff, though!

07-30-2001, 01:16 PM
I`m really not trying to be a smart ass, but was curious how the 99.9% optically perfect designation comes about; how is this tested? And to fully understand how great this is, what else is 99.9% optically perfect? Water? Glass? I didn`t think anything man-made could be within 1 tenths of 1 percent close to perfection.

If we figure a +/-.1% margin of error, according to these calculations Zaino could be perfect. And it was my understanding that only God can make things 100% perfect. So to say you are at worst 1 tenth of being as perfect as God is saying alot.

DETAILKING
07-30-2001, 01:38 PM
It makes me comfortable knowing that the products I use are compatible and there is no guessing on my part. Z6 lasts me a long time as I only use is once week after my weekly car wash and before and after every coat of zaino. If I used it much more than that, I guess I would be tempted to try out other gallon sized cheaper products, but you have to draw the line somewhere and be very careful. I mean you wouldn`t put Nu finish over AIO to save money over the cost of SG would you!? See my point.........

As far as optics.....beau.....why don`t you call sal....he will give you the deal so you can stop speculating.

TortoiseAWD
07-30-2001, 02:14 PM
There were a couple of posts in another thread about diluting Z6 with distilled water . . . one opinion was that there were no problems with this, another that it was meant to be used full strength, so use it full strength.

Well, here`s my newbie $.02 worth: I just placed another Zaino order, and picked up two bottles of Z6. I plan to use one bottle to create a couple of bottles of 50% solution, and keep the other bottle full strength. I`ll use the diluted solution after washing and before applying polish, and the full strength anytime I`m doing an actual QD.

Here`s my (possibly flawed) reasoning . . . after a wash, or just before a new layer of polish, I <strong class=`bbc`>know[/b] the car is very clean, and I`m willing to sacrifice a little of the "lubricity" of full strength Z6 in exchange for stretching the product a bit, and getting easier coverage. Sal says one ounce can do a car, but I have a hard time keeping the amount of product I use to a miniumum. I still intend to use about an ounce of Z6 to cover the car, I just plan to do it using about two ounces of solution.

I`ll use full strength if I`m trying to actually do a QD, because I want all the lubrication possible getting any dirt/bugs/bird bombs off the car. I`ll probably also use full strength before any "occasion" when I want the paint to look its absolute best.

Does that make any sense? Or am I missing something obvious that says this is a bad idea? Oh, one other thought . . . can anyone recommend a spray bottle that will produce an <strong class=`bbc`>extremely[/b] fine mist? Maybe that`s part of my problem; I just can`t get a small enough amount of Z6 out of the "stock" sprayer in a single squirt.

Tort

JasonC8301
07-30-2001, 02:20 PM
Ever see one of those atomizers? They are meant for perfumes/colognes, but I think they will create a VERY fine mist of Z6. The size of them also should indicate how much you are really using per application (something like a 2 or 4 oz. atomizer.)

Just a recommendation...

Jason

DETAILKING
07-30-2001, 02:22 PM
You can definately dilute the Z6. Lots of guys are doing that with great results. I use about an ouce MAX when doing my car. I use 1/4 to 1/2 squirts per panel. I don`t turn my towel so the wetted towel helps, and I do it in the sun. Realize I don`t Z6 a dirty car, I only Z6 after a wash, After detailing (applying zaino polish) and just before a new coat of polish (which is usually after a wash). On a dirty, dust car, I would use a little more, and turn the towel frequently. My car stays pretty dust / dirt free during the week unless I drive in the rain. Gotta love Zaino`s slickness...

As for some FINE MIST spray bottles, check out top of the line...I think I saw some nice ones there.....

pingiii
07-30-2001, 03:14 PM
TortoiseAWD,

If you know anyone that uses the little 6 or 8 oz. bottles of lens cleaning solution,to clean their glasses, have them save the bottles for dispensing some of your products. I have found that they give off a very fine, even spray, and I usually carry one in my truck, with Clear Pearl to get off bird bombs and such while I`m traveling. Besides the price is right. Enjoy!