PDA

View Full Version : Hammered black 350Z, by Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3

Suiseasistuby
07-24-2001, 06:25 PM
I think using Eagle One A to Z turned my tires a hint of brown, but I`m not sure. A2Z is supposed to be "gentle" but then again I almost can`t help but get it all over the tires. Do you think it is the culprit?

So now that I have brown tires, what do you suggest as a remedy? A friend said Whitley`s Bleche White and a good scrubbing. I`m not sold on the idea at all. Any ideas?

imported_theamcguy
07-24-2001, 06:48 PM
Try some 303.

fitzpat
07-24-2001, 06:48 PM
Whitleys should do the trick. It doesn`t have any petroleum distallates like the Eagle one has. It won`t give you a shine, but they will be black.

imported_gewb
07-24-2001, 06:51 PM
I used Einmann Fabrik Hi-Intensity on some really browned Bridgestone Eagers. Did a fantastic job and they looked great even before the Black Opal was applied.

Suiseasistuby
07-24-2001, 06:52 PM
I use Vinylex whenever I shine the tires and interior. Haven`t bought 303 yet, but something tells me that the tires will become brown again no matter whether it is 303 or Vinylex...and I think that sucks. Will the Whitley`s remove the brown for good?

cahlroach
07-24-2001, 07:05 PM
On a former car, my tire turned brown, I tried

car wash

then Whitleys,

then Comet,

then bleach,

They were less brown, but still brown. I think that when they become brown, that there has been a chemical reaction. I am not sure if you can get them back to black.

Hope you find a solution.

jkochis
07-24-2001, 08:08 PM
Good article on tires....

http://carcarespecialties.com/tires_rubber_vinyl.html (`http://carcarespecialties.com/tires_rubber_vinyl.html`)

JasonC8301
07-24-2001, 08:43 PM
I think the brown is from the tire itself. It is the "blooming" of the tire when exposed to ozone (as RH`s posted link to Larry`s article). Its an anti-ageing (sp) for tires. Ef-Hi-intesnity will clean it off, and a quality dressing like Vinylex, 303, Zaino, Eagle one, etc. etc. will protect it to an extent.

I would not use Westley`s bleache (sp?) white because it can stain alloys and driveways. It may be a inexpensive and effective product, but the cars I take care of will never see a spray of white. I may pay a little more EF Hi-Intensity but not staining alloy wheels is a big concern for me.

Just my 2 cents...

07-24-2001, 09:02 PM
That Westley`s Bleache White is some nasty s**t. They make Black Magic, too; but we could imagine that.

jkochis
07-24-2001, 09:06 PM
Henry,

It might have to do with the manufacturer & line of tires, amount driven (blooming), sun exposure, age, etc. Just some more guesses.

RH

scottybob1
07-24-2001, 09:17 PM
http://home.adelphia.net/~jav389/300M/wheel1.jpg

Don2000g
07-24-2001, 10:15 PM
The Hi-Intensity will help you get rid of the brown color on tires. It`s an excellent product, much better than Wesley`s(sp?).

Footy
07-24-2001, 10:54 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the browning comes (as Henryk mentioned) from repeated applications of dressing without cleaning first

YoSteve
07-24-2001, 11:07 PM
tire dressing is sotra like being addicted to chapstick: you use it and it looks great but when its over all you need is more otherwise it`ll look worse

I used maguires religiously for a long time and when I stopped it was brown city (cleaning between applications). I ended up not using anything for a long time and the brown dissipated. I`m not sure what to do now. I guess I could check if my favorite stuff browns.

PassatPunk
07-24-2001, 11:12 PM
I think that is too glossy for my tastes. Thanks for the post of the pic. Alot like Black Opal, no?

BTW, is this just after one application of Z16?

PassatPunk.