PDA

View Full Version : Drove a straight piped Diablo, video!

Pages : [1] 2

Texunchief
07-24-2001, 12:46 PM
Has anyone used the clay from Griot`s Garage? If so, how does it compare to Mother`s, 3M, Meguiars, etc.

Tschus

rmccall6
07-24-2001, 01:24 PM
it works very well. Is mild but gets most jobs done. I found it not to be very affective on dried oversray, whether thats the fault of the clay or just that the overspray was to tough. But it works well and is a good buy at $19 for 8 ounzes. I would also sugest the 3M clay (the mothers is great too but it only comes in a kit unless you order from their profesional line.

rmccall6
07-24-2001, 01:31 PM
i wouldn`t recomend megairs. I personaly havn`t used it but it has gotten quite a few bad reviews here about turning too tacky and gooey.

JasonC8301
07-24-2001, 02:02 PM
I have used the Meguirs C2000 Overspray clay. It came in a jar with 2 2oz. bars. Its not that bad. It clayed well, did its job, but it left white residue here and there. That took some energy to buff out. It gets kinda tacky on panels which I did not spray enough lube but its was my first clay experience. If I had a choice, I would get the Mother`s pro clay, not the one in the kit. I have used it and it leaves the finish like meguiars and other clays, really really smooth, but no clay residue to buff off like meguiars.

For $22.10 shipped, its not bad, Meguiars clay from http://www.carcareonline.com (`http://www.carcareonline.com`)

drmcetta
07-24-2001, 03:02 PM
I used Meguiars quik clay..and yes it also left whitish residue everywhere..even when I use a lot of QD as lubrication..mothers and pinaccle clay were much better IMO..

DaGonz
07-24-2001, 03:14 PM
can be difficult to work with. If you don`t use a lot of quick detailer spray with it, it will smear on the paint finish. Their Body Shop overspray clay from their professional line was even worse...that would leave a black residue on the finish if you didn`t have enough QD on the surface. I`ve used the Clay Magic and Mother`s clays, and I find them to be a lot easier and forgiving to work with. Their ability to pull contaminants out of paintwork is about the same.

hook
07-24-2001, 03:20 PM
was with the Mother`s clay from the retail kit. Didn`t have any residue to remove and it worked really well.

I did try it with both the QD they supply and while washing. Seemed like it worked better with the QD, and to me it wasn`t that much faster when washing.

I`d use it again unless I had a persuasive reason to try something else.

re,

Andy

jr weeks
07-24-2001, 08:30 PM
That the Meguiar`s clay didn`t work well at all with quik detailer. It IS pretty effective and dosen`t smear with car wash shampoo though( that should tell you something about QD lubricity really ), I have a block I cut into 4 pieces that i`m using up. It`s a bit too soft for serious overspray.I will try the Mother`s as I`ve used 3M before and liked it, but the price of the Meguiar`s made me give it a try. I give it an overall "fair" grade.

tom p.
07-24-2001, 09:48 PM
you`re on the right track with Griot`s clay. It is the first and only clay I have used so I can`t compare it to others. I`ll tell you this, it works damn well and doesn`t leave a mess.

You won`t be dissappointed with that.

I have some of the 3M clay sitting but have not tried it yet. I use clay very sparingly.

Good luck and remember to use lots of lubricant.

Street Dreams
10-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Car at the show, not me driving (my voice talking)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjM0MqC1y5I

Me driving, had to move quickly as the owner needed me to help transport about 10 cars between he and I this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCySzI8gBe4

Drove some other very nice rides, 612 scag, 550 maranello with tubi, Z06, Ford GT and Targa

More vids of other cars to come

Todd@RUPES
10-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Sweet. The only car I truly fell in love with that I have driven was a 550 M w/ tubi. The interior, the feel, the smell, the SOUND, talk about a classy ride. It is wild to pull up in something that handsome, feel the Ferrari shifter click to first, and here the F1 sound when you rev it. Pure awesomeness. I LOVE 550`s!!!!

imported_Jokeman
10-26-2009, 06:31 AM
Nice car.....sounds funny, just doesn`t have that nice american V8 rumble.

Old Pirate
10-26-2009, 06:40 AM
I saw you holding the camera, now who was driving?......j/k:D

imported_Flash Gordon
10-26-2009, 10:06 AM
I thought is was funny at the end of video 2 how you turn the camera around, smile and then nod your head

Street Dreams
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
I thought is was funny at the end of video 2 how you turn the camera around, smile and then nod your head

I had to show my face, otherwise I would be questioned big time. I have video in the 550, Scag and Ford GT as well.