PDA

View Full Version : The People of Walmart

Pages : [1] 2

rmccall6
07-23-2001, 12:07 PM
What is the procedure for buffing out a polish or sealent like klasse with a microfiber towel. Ok, you should wet the towel, ring, then (in the case of SG) mist with FI and then wipe....is that right..do you need another towel to dry? Thanks for the help. -Brad

07-23-2001, 12:12 PM
I use a dry towel, and mist it with my quick detailer of choice. Never heard about using a wet towel.

Don2000g
07-23-2001, 12:18 PM
Agreed, I`ve never heard of anyone who wets the towel then rings it out before buffing out the Sealant Glaze. What you could do if you like is to spray the surface a bit with the FI as well as the towel. You know I just finished doing 2 coats of the SG on my cousin`s truck and we didn`t even need to use a quick detailer. The fact that I used extremely thin coats helps a lot. Laters.

scottybob1
07-23-2001, 01:04 PM
What`s going to happen to additional coats of the sealant, like SG, if you use a QD (like Crystal Mist or Show-off)to help remove the previous coat. Both these QD contain some degree of wax, so will that wax prevent the next coat of sealant from properly bonding????

jkochis
07-23-2001, 01:09 PM
Jav,

I have found that QD wears away fairly fast. If it`s on there for a day or two, then you wash your car, SG bonds properly. I use Clear Pearl in this manner with no problems.

You certainly wouldnt want to QD with a wax or silicon based QD just prior to applying SG.

RH

drmcetta
07-23-2001, 02:31 PM
..couple qs following RH comment:

1. can you name some good QDs to spray before applying SG?

2. is there any difference (silicone or not) between Meg`s FI and Quik Detailer?

thanks

scottybob1
07-23-2001, 02:51 PM
I understand RH, but I`m not talking a few days between applications of SG, more like a few hours. It seems to me that we go to all the trouble to prep with AIO, and then apply SG in any number of coats, with a waxed based QD (like Show-Off or Crystal Mist) to aid in removal of the SG. So if you use a QD that has wax, will that wax interfer with the bonding of the SG. I guess my next question would be, how do you know you never had a problem? Not trying to be a smartass but if people use a waxed base QD between coats, than why not just use Blitz between coats. Sorry, but this is getting confusing to me.

scottybob1
07-23-2001, 02:57 PM
I understand what your saying about damp MT`s, but have you tried any of the new MT that came out within the last month? I looked at the thread you posted and I`m not talking trace fibers,,I`m talking tons of trace fibers. Get some of the new towels and try your damping techniques then tell me it works to eliminate trace fibres.

drmcetta
07-23-2001, 03:07 PM
that`s certainly helpful :)

thanks!

TiCoup
07-23-2001, 03:11 PM
Jav, just use Final Inspection and then you`ll have no worries - no wax and no silicone in it. This is what I always use to help buff out stuff like Finesse It or sealants.

07-23-2001, 03:46 PM
I don`t find any lint problems with my microfiber towels.

Don2000g
07-23-2001, 06:49 PM
Henry K, with regards to moistening the MTs up a bit, I was talking about quick detailing not removing or buffing out the SG. And then I didn`t suggest wetting the towel with water. I`m sure you know that I`ve said dozens of times that I`ve NEVER been a fan of quick detailing with water or using water. I`ve often spoken against water during quick detailing. I`ve said, this is why its important to buy quick detailer by the gallon. When I did say moisten the MTs a bit, I said to squirt a little bit of quick detailer into the towel as Beau mentioned. I`ve never said water the MT and then squeeze all the excess water out.

As Beau, I`ve been very fortunate to never have any such lint problems. I recently got 3 more more MTs from Tim about 3 weeks ago or so and they were all excellent. I also got one from YoSteve.com and that Miracle Towel was excellent as well. Don`t know why some of you all seem to have slightly defective ones. Laters.

scottybob1
07-23-2001, 07:23 PM
That`s just what I going to do HenryK, thanks for the advice. I just wanted to let you know that it was not a proplem with using a dry towel or not a damp enough towel, nor was it a problem not knowing how to properly ring out a towel, like you suggested. I guess it was your condancending comments and answers that got my microfibers lose. I was just asking a question if anyone has had this problem recently with the new MT`s. No more, no less.

ISLANDSBEST
07-23-2001, 09:28 PM
I know that the prior posts dealt with Klasse, but the thread starter asked about sealants, in general, so here is some info re Zaino and moistening the applicator.

I SLIGHTLY dampen my applicator with distilled water. Then I spray Z6 on it. Then I apply the "sealant" (polish) -- Z2 in my case. The damp applicator helps apply thin coats of Z. I have no experience with Klasse, though it clearly must be a very good product, so I cannot offer help there.

imported_doctordon
10-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Some of you may be aware of this site. For those who are not - go to peopleofwalmart.com. Be sure type the www. first.

You may recognize some of your friends, neighbors, or long lost relatives. I did.

I recognized a picture previously posted by Bill Luster of the Chevy truck on this site. There`s more classic car photos if you`re patient.

Doc
PS - Be sure to read the captions under the pictures.