PDA

View Full Version : News, Obama wins the Hiesman Trophy

Pages : [1] 2

Firescooby
07-21-2001, 10:20 AM
What is the best way to clean the pads for my new PC 7424? I have the DM-KIT from CMA with the MF bonnets and also the white pad that came with the PC.

I have already been hard at work in the shower...this thing is great. Not near as loud as my B&D high sleed buffer. It sounded like a dentists drillX10.

Thanks for all the info.

PassatPunk
07-21-2001, 01:34 PM
I think all pads are best washed out (foam for sure) with a slight solution of dawn and water.

Thos terry cloth bonnets I see being cleaned with the laundry, just hanging them up to dry I would say.

MT like anyother MT. Be careful not to use static sheets!

PassatPunk.

JasonC8301
07-21-2001, 02:13 PM
I am going to follow what PassatPunk said about cleaning the foam pads that came from CMA in the DM-KIT. A solution of dawn and water. I have not cleaned my pads yet due to laziness. I used them a few times already (white and yellow). But today will be the day where I clean the pads by hand with dawn and water.

Well, I am waiting for the 2nd coats of Klasse SG to dry on the Camry. I was going to do SG by hand as said in an earlier post, but I had a finishing pad included in the kit and I said what the heck, mideswell give it a try. I get a more even coverage with the PC and SG than by hand. The time it takes with the PC is about the same time it takes by hand, 10 minutes give or take a few minutes. I washed the car, clayed the hood and trunk, 3M Finesse It II the hood and gave up because I got lazy. Klasse AIO the entire car with white pad, and now working on four coats of SG by Pc and finishing pad. This finish is going to maintained with Meguiars QD and a Cali. Duster.

Andre'
07-21-2001, 02:37 PM
My PC is much louder than my rotary a DeWalt DW849. I clean all my buffing pads by hand with dawn , it works very well.

07-21-2001, 07:40 PM
I`ve actually got two pads sitting in a mixture of warm water and dawn in a bucket in the bathroom right now.

I clean them after every use.

DaGonz
07-21-2001, 09:30 PM
I don`t have a Porter Cable polisher (yet!) I do use foam pads for my Makita rotary polisher. I hand wash them in a Dawn and warm water solution. To help dry them, I use an old towel to wring out as much water as I can, then put them on the polisher and "spin dry" them at the high speed setting...its a lot like a dog shaking off the water from it`s fur! Then I put them out in the sun to dry. I wash the terry bonnets for my Gem orbital polisher and dry them in the dryer.

Andre'
07-22-2001, 02:33 AM
Gonzo How do you like your Makita? I love my DeWalt , i also have a Milwauke it`s nice but to hesvy.

midyearroadster
07-22-2001, 10:00 AM
Zanio application hand pads,do those of you that use them wash them after each use or use a new one. I use a seperate pad for each product.

If you are not useing the Zanio hand pads what are you useing?

I would think its very important to rinse them, (pads) as to get out all the dawn.

Thanks Tom

DaGonz
07-22-2001, 08:45 PM
has been absolutely bulletproof! I had a Black and Decker professional polisher prior to getting the Makita. When the brushes wore out, I called the B&D service center in Boston for directions and to find out the cost to have the brushes replaced. It cost more than I paid for it! I bought the Makita and have had it for over 5 years now. I do want to get a Porter Cable eventually.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-24-2009, 06:30 PM
:scared: > :wink: > :D

imported_broker99
10-24-2009, 06:32 PM
good one, I love it.

supercharged
10-25-2009, 02:01 AM
his rating keeps going down. He though he would take control over corporations...I don`t think so...
Speaking of detailing, wonder who details his armoured Cadillac???

WonderTwin
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
his rating keeps going down. He though he would take control over corporations...I don`t think so...
Speaking of detailing, wonder who details his armoured Cadillac???

Pshhh, duh! Joe Biden, of course. He has plenty of time between those lame speeches. :tongue: Though, If I were Obama, I would (besides relinquish control of GM and Chrysler) have Rahm standing over his shoulder while he is working. Just to make sure it gets done right.

Chubby Davis
10-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Who be the da big oil men....1/29/09 oil pouring out 41 a bucket..
Flirting with a 80 dollar this week!!!!

imported_Mr. Clean
10-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Who be the da big oil men....1/29/09 oil pouring out 41 a bucket..
Flirting with a 80 dollar this week!!!!
OPEC? Reports have them slowing production to get the per barrel prices back where they want them.