PDA

View Full Version : Motor Trend Auto Shows

Pages : [1] 2

drmcetta
07-21-2001, 12:12 AM
how long is the shelf life for AIO? how about hi tech yellow wax?

07-21-2001, 12:19 AM
The average shelf-life of a Meguiar`s product is 3 years. Don`t know about Klasse.

DaGonz
07-21-2001, 01:43 PM
about the shelf life of wax...it gets used up long before it gets old! :D

One thing that I do is take all of my car cleaning supplies out of the garage and bring them into the basement for the winter. Take a look at the labels of your products. Many of them will say <strong class=`bbc`>protect from freezing.[/b] It`s not a problem if you live in a warm climate, but here in the Northeast it can get colder than a penguin`s posterior! I will bring what I need to clean and detail my vehicles to the firehouse and keep them in my locker, where they stay nice and warm and ready for use!

toy4two
11-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I had #26 Yellow Hi Tech wax that has been sitting for who knows how many years. Never frozen, but it did seperate into a clear liquid and a yellow pudding. So I shook it up, didn`t really help, then I figured what the hey, took off the top, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds, and viola, it was good as new, returned it to a nice creamy yellow paste.

Give it a try, I didn`t think it would work, my guess is the wax got heated up and melted and recombined with the other chemicals.

jshillin
11-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I had #26 Yellow Hi Tech wax that has been sitting for who knows how many years. Never frozen, but it did seperate into a clear liquid and a yellow pudding. So I shook it up, didn`t really help, then I figured what the hey, took off the top, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds, and viola, it was good as new, returned it to a nice creamy yellow paste.

Give it a try, I didn`t think it would work, my guess is the wax got heated up and melted and recombined with the other chemicals.

Please stop bumping ancient posts. This post is 6 years old...

BradUF
11-03-2007, 08:55 PM

lol

Anyways, I don`t use my stuff up before it gets old, especially wax.

Fly Bye
11-04-2007, 04:07 AM

Please stop posting useless information.

imported_agentf1
11-04-2007, 08:48 PM
I have a gallon of Meguiars #26 that is over 5 years old and is still as good as new. I usually shake it every so often with all my other products I don`t use often.

paul34
11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Please stop posting useless information.

Actually, it was pretty useful. You must be new, huh? Welcome :bigups

My5ABaby
11-05-2007, 07:13 AM

What`s the harm in bumping an old thread? It`s not like the information has gone out of date or anything. Now if this were about current events or something, I could see a problem. God forbid someone search...

Accumulator
11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
While this thread is active again (and hey, what *is* wrong with bringing up an old thread :nixweiss ), I have a whole lot of products that are at least a decade old and some that are a *lot* older than that.

QDs do go bad after a while (like over 7-8 years), you can tell because they get thin/watery and lose their color.

My V1.0 VM went bad after 4-5 years but hey, I knew it was likely to react with the bottle and I hear the newer stuff doesn`t do that.

I`ve had some leather treatments go bad after a decade or so, shoulda refrigerated them.

Other than those I have no age-related problems with my products. The wax I use on Interior wood (BHMA branded, made by Zymol) is over 20 years old as works fine even with a cracked jar lid. A while back somebody (SuperiorFine?) used some Meg`s products from the `60s and they worked great. My old tin of Pro paste wax from `77 still seems OK.

WonderTwin
10-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Have any of you ever attended one of the shows produced by Motor Trend? There is one in Orlando around Thanksgiving and I was wondering if it was worth the three hour drive.

imported_broker99
10-24-2009, 02:11 PM
I just got back from the one in Tampa. It was OK but I would not drive 3 hours. I will have some pics. up in a while.

Old Pirate
10-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I`ll be at the one in Tampa on Sunday, 50 mins from downtown.

thecarter13
10-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Angelo, I think ill be headed that way too tomorrow. I might have a couple of stangs trailing along but don`t know for sure just yet. What time did you plan on heading over there?