PDA

View Full Version : 34 Degrees + ONR + 20 min. =

Pages : [1] 2

highspeeddata
07-20-2001, 03:58 PM
In the past I`ve been a bit fanatical with caring for the finish on my cars. However nowadays I just don`t have the time. I`m not up on the lastest products either.

Granted I won`t get quite the results I used to get, I`m curious what people`s opinions are on the best 1-step product and the best 2-step prodcuts are for someone who doesn`t want to wax more than about once every three months?

rstype
07-20-2001, 04:04 PM
I think that would be Klasse AIO. Cleans, polishes, and protects in one step. It outshines and out-lasts most over-the-counter, multi-step products.

Hi-Temp`s Swirl Remover w/ Wax is good too according to DETAILKING.

~BW

carljr1989
07-20-2001, 04:05 PM
Klasse AIO for the one step and Klasee SG for the 2 step.

JasonC8301
07-20-2001, 04:19 PM
I also recommend the Klasse twins for durability and shine.

crimbeaux
07-20-2001, 04:59 PM
Klasse All In One or NuFinish. Follow up with Klasse SG if you have the time.

YoSteve
07-21-2001, 02:03 PM
My sister`s white rav4 has never been waxed before, nor has she hand washed it. 4 years into this method I decided to wash and AIO her car. We washed and scrubbed. The gunk wouldn`t come off the white with just car shampoo (could have Dawned I guess).

Well after the washing I used Klasse AIO (since I didn`t use it on my car) All that gunk came right off and the white shined like it never did before. Applied with MF applicator and buffed off with a damp MT. It was awesome (the car was not even fully dry) I wiped down the windows with the same damp/AIO MT and it actually conditioned the window. My sister asked me a week later if I had put Rain-X on her window. A month later her car is still going strong (she`ll never wash it), but it`ll be protected.

tom p.
07-21-2001, 03:18 PM
...short and sweet. That`s all you need to know.

Don2000g
07-21-2001, 05:19 PM
Agreed!

DETAILKING
07-22-2001, 10:03 AM
If you need more aggressive one step products, try out NU FINISH.

Bob Post
07-23-2001, 05:47 AM
It`s a one-step polymer and better than Nu-finish but slightly below Klasse and Zaino, even though I could not tell the difference on cars using all of the above. (Except\

for the Nu-finish, did not test) First finish really is some good stuff, one of the Vette boards/clubs swears by it. Just put the name in a search engine and look at the site. Plus it`s only 17.00 bucks to boot!!

DETAILKING
07-23-2001, 08:03 AM
Just a FYI.

TortoiseAWD
07-23-2001, 09:17 AM
I`ll echo DETAILKING`s recommendation for Liquid Glass . . . it`s very easy-on/easy-off, long-lasting, leaves a nice gloss on the paint, and can be applied to a hot surface (that`s what originally attracted me, an apartment dweller with little available shade). The biggest downside IMO is that it is a dust magnet for the first several days.

Tort

TiCoup
07-23-2001, 01:01 PM
I`ll give another vote for Liquid Glass. I`ve had great results and is very easy to use. I use it exclusively on my black Explorer after an initial paint prep with 3M Finesse It. Prep your paint right the first time and something like LG will be all you need for quite a while.

I use Nu-Finish on my sister`s Neon when I go visit her. Gives a nice shine and is very good for cleaning the surface of a vehicle that gets waxed 2-3 times a year.

I`ve also used Finish First and it is a very good product, but IMO the Liquid Glass is a little better.

Not mentioned very often is Meguair`s #20. Doesn`t give a shine like Liquid Glass; but is very durable, has some chemical cleaning ability and is very easy to use.

imported_Luster
10-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Two clean Grand Prix`s!

It was definitely cold, cloudy and cold north wind yesterday!

Both daily drivers filthy from a weeks worth of rain. So out came the ONR bucket.

Actually just one bucket of warm water ONR did both cars. And when it`s that cold you don`t have do the cars one panel at a time.

I did the white one first... whole car then dried. Then the bronze one.

Dressed the tires with Huey Blue Dressing and done.

(Might have been 25 minutes, but no more.... had to move fast to stay warm! Plus it was a good workout!:D)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/raysvette/IMG_3884.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/raysvette/IMG_3885.jpg

Tuck91
10-24-2009, 12:30 PM
The cars look great Bill :thumbup:

Do you clean and dress the wheelwells every time you wash?