PDA

View Full Version : Last Cruise Night of the "Season"....

Pages : 1 [2]

PassatPunk
07-21-2001, 08:25 PM
Ya I could see wax not being the greatest thing for the windshield and the wipers.

Rain X gives a nice little bit of protection.

Maybe instead of a carnuba based wax try an acrylic like SG? Would this be a good idea?

I just see wax being a problem with streaking and gunking up the wipers.

Anyone?PassatPunk.

DETAILKING
07-22-2001, 10:06 AM
and does not cause hazing and streaking on the windshield at all, even with wipers.

ISLANDSBEST
07-22-2001, 11:58 PM
DetailKing: thanks for your post. To answer your question, after I Z2ed the windows, they smeared a lot. Thinking back, based on what I know now, I probably used too much Z. You Z6 the windows after Z2ing them?

TiCoup
07-23-2001, 01:22 PM
I agree with DK, applying a polymer to the windows is a great way to clean them and it keeps them cleaner with no streaking. I use Mequiar`s #20 on all my vehicles windows.

I`ve had better luck with #20 then RainX. The RainX always left a slight haze that would not come off.

DETAILKING
07-23-2001, 01:35 PM
The only way I found to remove the hazing and streaking it left was to strip it off completely. I am very happy with Z2 on my windows. Zaino glass polish will get ANY water spot out of glass........it is abrasive though.

99323ic
07-23-2001, 02:53 PM
I`ve been using a 50% mix of alcohol & filtered water and find it works well on road grime as well as around the house. The vinegar sounds like a neat addition. In the past I`ve also used Bon Ami on the exterior only to remove oils and winter salt sludge and found that it works great. It WILL scratch your mirrors, though.

Since I have a newer car, I`m going to try the vinegar at 50% first and then full strength to remove some water spotting.

hook
07-23-2001, 09:40 PM
I just finished 2 coats of AIO on one of my cars. On the first coat (I`ve let each coat on each panel "cure" at least 24 hours), I decided to experiment and do the side windows with the AIO as well. After getting it all done, and having dealt with the side windows for a week, I liked it so much I did the windshield and rear glass as well, inside & out.

We`ll see the long term effects, but so far I`ve had no streaking when driving in the rain...and man, this glass is *clean*.

re,

Andy

Koyaanisqatsi
07-23-2001, 11:09 PM
I used Bon Ami last weekend on my windshield and it works marvelously. Left it sparkling clean. Not a scratch on it.

Bigpoppa3346
07-20-2006, 07:34 PM
AquaWax is great on the windows. First they have to be clean.

imported_Luster
10-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Sad day. Car shows and cruise nights here in KC run from the first Saturday in April to the fourth Saturday in October...

BUT! This is the "Belton" cruise night which has always been the best one (in terms of the number of cars.)

On a really good day, temp in the 70`s-80`s with no precip, there will be 800 muscle cars there!

It will be down a little today because it`s been cool, high today only 62, but nonetheless should be a nice event.....

I`ll be spending a lot of garage time for the next 5 months!!!!:wink:

Old Pirate
10-24-2009, 03:47 PM
I know the feeling Bill, but look at the bright side here.........you got Truth In Detailing to help you along during the winter!

imported_Luster
10-24-2009, 07:46 PM
I know the feeling Bill, but look at the bright side here.........you got Truth In Detailing to help you along during the winter!

True! I`ll be posting some pics soon... lots of cars there!

imported_Flash Gordon
10-24-2009, 07:53 PM
True! I`ll be posting some pics soon... lots of cars there!

Looking forward to it :w00t:

imported_Jokeman
10-26-2009, 06:54 AM
I`ll be spending a lot of garage time for the next 5 months!!!!:wink:

Plans? What are you gonna do to the Vette`s?

imported_Luster
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Plans? What are you gonna do to the Vette`s?

The `82 needs a new power window switch. (that`s an hour)

One at a time, I`ll put them on jack stands, pull the wheels and clean the undercarriage and suspension. On the `82, I`ll repaint the undercarriage & suspension... the `03 won`t need it.

I`ll probably polish both cars, change the oil, etc.