PDA

View Full Version : Oooops..............

Pages : [1] 2

imported_blas
07-19-2001, 08:46 AM
Ok, this is kind of an "odd" question.

The previous owners of our house put down a really interesting driveway sealer. Whenever one turns the wheel, it squeaks. I`m not talking a little sqeak, it sounds like you`re cornering at 60mph! Plus, the surface is really slick. I can`t use my Rhino ramps in the driveway, my car just pushes them. Yet, they work fine on the smooth painted surface of the garage floor.

I know someday I`d like to put down a new coat, but I`m worried that a new coat would not "stick" to this stuff.

Glenn

jkochis
07-19-2001, 09:09 AM
Sandblast it first.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-23-2009, 10:20 PM
So I`ve been watching this story about how Flight 188 over shot the runway in Minneapolis by 150 miles:banghead:

The experts say they had to be asleep at the controls > :(

The Pilots on the other hand say, "no we were just in a deep conversation" > :cursing:

I`ve got a flight coming up soon and am not a big fan of flying in the 1st place,now I have this to add to my worry list > :scared:

I already have my script for xanax, but was wondering what maybe your thoughts may be on the matter....Looking forward to your responses > :toetap05:

Tuck91
10-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Only been on an airplane once in my life.

Dave1
10-24-2009, 02:57 AM
The flight crew story doesn`t pass the smell test........

There is no excuse for not being in contact with ground while flying any aircraft when instruments are operating normally.......

imported_Bunky
10-24-2009, 05:49 AM
I have done a lot of flying over the years. It will be interesting to see what the cockpit recorder data shows. Crews are disturbed less due to the newer cockpit rules (looked doors, stewardness has to be stay in cockpit if pilot needs to go to toilet).

The air traffic control areas especially in the north central and east are pretty dense so there is usually a lot of hand offs as you fly along so they were clearly engaged in something. Pilots are often being told to change altitude or deviate due to other traffic so there is usually regular discussions with ATC.

Puckman
10-24-2009, 08:34 AM
This incident is so statistically small as an occurence NO ONE should be afraid to fly however I do understand the fear. On an average day there are in excess of 28,000 air carrier flights operated. How many times do you hear of an occurence like this? That flight crew has some splainin` to do! At least it hasn`t been reported they were inebriated to boot (good ole NW)!

As Bunky mentioned, think of the density of airspace around the upper Midwest. How many "seperation" instructions were given by ATC because of the loss of comm with that flight?

Talk about fear of flying, I used to work with a guy who was a former airline station manager with British Airways. He has a bunch of stories of this one Captain who used to play jokes with the passengers and other flight crew that are absolutely histerical. Don`t want to threadjack though.

MB Fan
10-24-2009, 08:57 AM
I`ve flown well over 1.5 million miles in my career - mostly on Delta. In all those miles I had two scary moments. One was an airplane pulled onto a runway as we were cleared to land - we just powered up and went around. The other was in a smaller plane in some really rough weather - the pilot did one of the finest landing jobs I have ever seen with heavy cross-winds.

Net - you are safer flying cross country in a commercial jet than you are driving to and from the airport. :driving:

Puckman
10-24-2009, 09:13 AM
or more stistically descriptive, safer than walking across the country!

WonderTwin
10-24-2009, 02:28 PM
My relationship with God has really helped me with fears, especially flying and our decision to go into business for ourselves. I have learned that He is always in control and even if the worst happens, everything will ultimately be made right in the end. Crap happens and whether is circumstances or somebody`s bad choice, I know He is waiting to help me through it, or to help my loved ones if my ticket is up.

John 8:36 - So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

I hope this is helpful to you!

imported_TLMitchell
10-24-2009, 09:59 PM
So I`ve been watching this story about how Flight 188 over shot the runway in Minneapolis by 150 miles....

Can`t comment on what may or may not have happened in this instance cuz I wasn`t in the cockpit. However, as an Airline Transport Pilot and Flight Instructor with a stack of full logbooks and 22 years as an Air Traffic Controller I rarely see anything in the newspaper or on TV involving aviation where what`s reported even remotely resembles actual events.

I haven`t seen any worthwhile reporting involving Space or Aviation since Jules Bergman.

As far as flying commercially is concerned, prior to 9/11 I was able to spend a considerable amount of time in airline jumpseats watching the "pros" do it. I have no inclination to fly anywhere for any reason unless *I`m* the one in the left front seat.

TL

imported_Woodie
10-26-2009, 02:07 AM
So I`ve been watching this story about how Flight 188 over shot the runway in Minneapolis by 150 miles:banghead:

Given the choice, I`d rather be in a plane that overshoots by 150 miles than 150 yards.

My relationship with God has really helped me with fears, especially flying and our decision to go into business for ourselves. I have learned that He is always in control and even if the worst happens, everything will ultimately be made right in the end. Crap happens and whether is circumstances or somebody`s bad choice, I know He is waiting to help me through it, or to help my loved ones if my ticket is up.

John 8:36 - So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

I hope this is helpful to you!

Spot on :clap:

imported_Jokeman
10-26-2009, 06:29 AM
I wouldnt worry about it. A couple SoCo`s before leaving and you`ll be fine.

Chubby Davis
10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
This just in, cockpit recorder released...SleepSleepSleep

bmw5541
10-26-2009, 08:50 AM
The flight recoredr is probably not going to tell them much (from what I hear). It looks like there might be a possability that the pilot might have been given the wrong frequency from the Air Traffic Controllers, and they didn`t hear any instructions.

Someone was deffinately at fault here.