PDA

View Full Version : Question about oxygen sensor

Pages : [1] 2

kthxbye
07-18-2001, 11:37 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard or used of Perma-Plate and what your experience has been with the product.

Is Klasse All-In-One or Zaino products much better than Perma-Plate.

Thanks.

07-18-2001, 11:51 AM
Will you or the dealership be applying it?

kthxbye
07-18-2001, 12:11 PM
myself, why???

07-18-2001, 12:33 PM
Curious as to whether you were gonna pay to have it put on, or buy some Klasse or Zaino and apply yourself.

My understanding is that Klasse for exceeds any other dealer-applied protectant.

kthxbye
07-18-2001, 12:54 PM
are you saying you cannot buy Perma-Plate and apply it yourself.

jkochis
07-18-2001, 01:22 PM
Why would you want to?

bobdec
07-18-2001, 08:11 PM
Perma-Plate is great for the car dealer. They`ve been around for many years selling the paint sealant as a dealer applied protectant. They either make a terrific mark-up when they sell the job to you or they `give` it to you to close a new car deal. I think you`ll be better off listening to what some of the other detailers have to say on this forum.

DaGonz
07-19-2001, 10:19 PM
are just another way to pad the profit on a new car. I was at one of the area malls about a month ago and there was a display of Daimler/Chrysler vehicles there by one of the area dealers, who had a member of the sales staff there to answer questions. Next to the Monroney sticker was another sticker with the dealer installed/applied items on the vehicles. For example.... on a black 2001 Chrysler 300M...

Under Environmental Protection (sounds like something the Feds require you to have...not!)

Paint sealant: I asked the salesman what it was..."It`s a high tech polymer sealant that is applied with a special buffer..it becomes part of the finish..you`ll never have to wax the car again...ever! The cost for the sealant? $350 :eek: The cars looked like they were buffed with a wool compounding pad. Can you say swirl city? :eek: :eek:

Fabric Protection:I asked the same salesman what the fabric protection was..."It`s a chemical that repels water and stains and is made by 3M...it`s only available to new car dealers....

The cost for the fabric protection? $100 :eek:

That`s funny...I think it`s called ScotchGuard and is available just about anywhere!

The cost of the package when purchasing both? $400 (Wow! A $50 savings!)

Pinstriping...$175 (tape stripes...I can get a roll of professional quality 3M Pinstriping tape for about $15 and pinstripe a 300M in about a half hour to 45 minutes)

For the $575...you could purchase a PC polisher, Klasse, Zaino or other high quality car care products, have money left over for gas, a few CD`s for the car stereo and have the satisfaction of doing the job right!

07-20-2001, 02:01 AM
Lexus tried to charge my friends parents $1,200 for "A Touch Of Class" paint sealant.

Jackal
07-20-2001, 02:29 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by beau [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Lexus tried to charge my friends parents $1,200 for "A Touch Of Class" paint sealant. [/b]</blockquote>But they do provide free astroglide with it ;)

dvd
07-21-2001, 08:29 PM
They know that almost everyone is going to say "no way I`m paying $350 for paint sealant". So, they negotiate it down to $100. Customers are thrilled that they got such a great deal. Dealer doesn`t car because it only cost the $20 to have the dealership`s detail man do the car. Same goes for the pinstripe (pinstripers come in an do 50 of them in a couple of hours for $25/car). Same goes for rustproofing (mechanic`s get $25/car to do it off hours). Floor mats ? You get them at the parts department price- which is a 100% markup for the dealer. How about "paperwork preparation" and the fee to go to the DMV for you ?

The basic game is to hit you for $50 here, there, and everywhere. After all, these days everyone and anyone wants his car for $300 over `dealer cost`. When all is said and done, the dealer makes an extra $200-300 off most customers with the add on products. Some, they hit big, some small, but it`s an extra few bucks. Multiplied by all the cars they sell, they make a good chunk extra each year.

Bob (who worked *way* to close to the auto dealership business for a couple of years).

Glozz
07-22-2001, 08:53 PM
I just bought a 2001 BMW 330i and the finaince lady tried and tried to get me to have put on. It`s a rip off with all the other products on the market.

07-23-2001, 12:01 AM
You could buy a dizzying array of auto-prep products for the $300-$1,200 they`d charge you for "Perma Plate"/"A Touch Of Class". And it`s very gratifying to do the work yourself on a car you spent your hard-earned dosh on; whether it be a Hyundai or a Ferarri.

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2001, 06:25 PM
Perma Plate is crap in my opinion. Don`t ever pay a dealership to put anything on your car. Do you know that the average dealer marks up the price of your car 100 bucks just to detail it?? And if you decide to detail it yourself they still charge you for it. Perma plate is nothing but a name. No better than Klasse or any other product you can purchase and apply yourself. Screw the dealership in any way you can and never ever ever have them touch your car with anything. Crap is always more expensive at a dealership anyway. That is just my bitter opinion anyway. :)

ISLANDSBEST
07-24-2001, 01:50 AM
Brother Cesar, your fellow believers on this forum are right. Shun the demonic dealers. They are the servants of the Devil. Just buy some Klasse or Zaino, follow the scripture (directions) and the advice of the Elders on this forum, and all will be well and you will walk in righteousness.

Well, maybe not, but at least your car will be protected and it will look great.