PDA

View Full Version : CA Car Dusters

Pages : [1] 2

cdogg76
07-17-2001, 09:09 PM
I have just done Klasse AIO and SG on my black Vette and yes it looks awesome I have used Zaino on both of my cars in the past but on the black AIO and SG are better on my pale blue Toyota PU the Zaino is still better.I did the 1/2 a hood test with both cars the Klasse is deeper in depth on black but on light blue the Zaino has more shine and a richer look than Klasse.My question is with Zaino I have Done about 7 or 8 coats of Z5 after Z1 and a couple of shots of Z2 then Z1 again and about another 3 Z5 and 3 or 4 Z2 after that and it keeps getting better.My question how many coats of SG before its over kill or will it be like Zaino it just keeps getting better.I also bought the Blitz but have 2 coats of SG on now and think Ill do a few more before I blitz.Thanks for turning a newbie on to Klasse and FI Beats Eagleone hands down

ALM
07-17-2001, 09:16 PM
Three coats is usually the best, I beleive when you get up around 8-9 coats it gets hazy.

Koyaanisqatsi
07-17-2001, 09:51 PM
And it looks pretty damn good. Someone here had 21 coats of SG on their vehicle! I think it was Dave B. My red honda has 3 and it continues to impress me.

old_gonzo
07-17-2001, 10:00 PM
What year is your Vette? Coupe or convertible? Nice to see a fellow Corvette enthusiast here. :)

DETAILKING
07-17-2001, 10:03 PM
Is that something you experienced or heard? That would be a good test of optical clarity though........

Jackal
07-17-2001, 10:24 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>And it looks pretty damn good. Someone here had 21 coats of SG on their vehicle! I think it was Dave B. My red honda has 3 and it continues to impress me. [/b]</blockquote>21? :eek:

At what point does "enthusiasm" turn into "obsession"? ;)

cdogg76
07-17-2001, 11:10 PM
Artic White its a 2001 Black on Black.Once I bought my 1st vette back in 73 I cant drive anything else sure you can relate thanks to all for the input and help I cant remember when careing for my car was so much fun and rewarding

ihetenyi
07-18-2001, 06:36 AM
you should go read some of DETAILKING`s posts about Zaino users. I think he showed a few pics of a TA with something like 299 coats or some such thing... thats obsession ;). I put 4 coats of sg on before hitting the jetta with blitz twice.

Steve

Greek Guy
07-18-2001, 09:53 AM
3 coats was the magic number for me. Didn`t notice much difference until I put on the 3rd coat.

teamerickson
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Do they scratch?

imported_Stokdgs
10-23-2009, 12:45 PM
I have used the original Calif Car Duster, with the wooden handle for years and have never scratched the finish. You just have to use it properly, dont use it on hot or warm finishes, preferably the first thing in the morning, when the vehicle is cold, dont try to wash the vehicle with it, dont wait too long to dust it so the dust is on very thick, and you should be ok.
It doesnt work at all with moisture on the paint, and like anything else, if you apply too much pressure, you risk the possibilty of scratching..

If you have a garage, this is perfect to use in-between washings, but unless this is a dedicated garage-queen, you should still consider washing anyway as normal, and this tool will keep it very clean the rest of the time, depending on your weather and what actually falls on the paint when outside.

DanF

imported_Luster
10-23-2009, 07:46 PM
^^^^ Dan stated exactly what I would have said!:iagree:

Just remember to only use the weight of the duster with no pressure.

I used one on a black car for 5 years and did not scratch it.

I`ve seen guys at car shows using 20 pounds of pressure trying to scrub bugs and dirt globs off the car!!!! Obviously not what the tool was designed for!Stop

(Most people are smart enough to figure that out.):thumbup:

teamerickson
10-28-2009, 06:34 PM
What`s eaiser on the paint. Duster, wipe down with quick detailer or just wash the car (two bucket method)?

Old Pirate
10-28-2009, 06:39 PM
I like using a QD wipe down, but if it`s too much then it`s going to be wash.

imported_Luster
10-28-2009, 09:45 PM
What`s eaiser on the paint. Duster, wipe down with quick detailer or just wash the car (two bucket method)?

The method that is easiest on the paint would be the one that provides the best lubrication and least amount of friction.

That would be the 2-bucket wash with lots and lots of suds.