PDA

View Full Version : When did Vegetarian Become "Vegan"?

Pages : [1] 2

Nutdotnet
07-16-2001, 12:06 PM
Maybe this is old news, maybe not... Found a great way to get chewing gum (or grease) out of auto carpet! Went to the beach this weekend and the Mrs. picked up some gum on her shoe and before we realized it is was all over the Tahoe - UGH. When we got home I looked through the garage to see what might work without killing the carpet. I found my bottle of Goo-Gone, a citrus based cleaner I get from Home DePot and use to remove stickers the kids put on EVERYTHING. I squirted some of this on the spots of gum, let it sit for a moment, then wiped away with a terry wash cloth! The gum just `balled` up and was picked up easily by the cloth and no damage or residue in the carpet. Did the same for a small grease spot that was on the carpet too and it came right up! A quick vacuum and all looked perfect! Hope this might help someone else, but I know all of you have never had this happen. 8-)

Brad B
07-16-2001, 01:26 PM
Thanks. Nice tip!

old_gonzo
07-16-2001, 03:50 PM
So THAT`S how you remove those stickers that are everywhere!! You have them too! ;)

ALM
07-16-2001, 04:12 PM
Doesn`t Peanut Butter work also?

Firescooby
07-16-2001, 05:17 PM
Cooking oil (veggie I think) will work also. My fiance`s aunt works for Wrigley`s. I also got some gum on my new fox weatherboots when I was in florida last week. She gave me this tip and it works. Just "dab" it on, dont rub it.

imported_jking
07-16-2001, 05:42 PM
One thing for the record - Never tried it but it makes sense - place ice cubes around the gum - this will make it brittle and can then be picked out of the carpet very easily. MTS

imported_Luster
10-22-2009, 09:47 AM
I`m a little out of the loop on current terminology.

I kept reading and hearing the term Vegan.

I`m thinking......"Huh?"

I finally had to Google it. Did it change for the same reason that Kentucky Fried Chicken is now called KFC?

Because it`s easier to say?

Mobilejay
10-22-2009, 09:58 AM
they are different. Vegetarians do not eat meat. Vegans do not eat anything produced from animals, no dairy, meat, sh*t like that.

imported_Flash Gordon
10-22-2009, 10:00 AM
The term vegan has been around as long as I can remember hearing of these foolish ppl who don`t like Steak

I think there not getting enough oxygen to the brain, cause all I ever see out of them is jeberish

imported_Luster
10-22-2009, 10:12 AM
The term vegan has been around as long as I can remember hearing of these foolish ppl who don`t like Steak

I think there not getting enough oxygen to the brain, cause all I ever see out of them is jeberish

I`d prefer never to eat vegetables.

Meat is the reason God gave us teeth!!! We`re Carnivores!!!

http://www.diningsolutionsdirect.com/thumbnails/T%20BONE%20STEAK.jpg

imported_Jokeman
10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Mmmm.....steak!

DLB
10-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Vegetarian...Old Indian Word for lousy hunter. :biggrin:

DLB

John M.
10-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I dont know how people can not eat meat! Im with you Luster, I could do perfectly fine without vegies, but I gotta have some steak or burgers! :D

Prime rib anyone? :drool5:

http://www.lasplash.com/uploads/2/Lawrys_Beverly_Hills_Review_1_2.jpg

Old Pirate
10-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Vegetarian...Old Indian Word for lousy hunter. :biggrin:

DLB

That`s a great one DLB!

tthomp82
10-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Save the Whales... Trade them for valuable prizes.