PDA

View Full Version : Need Advise

Pages : [1] 2 3

ALM
07-15-2001, 04:20 PM
How do you guys apply Black Opal (or any other spray tire dressing for that matter)? I tired using a tires swipe the other night after I washed my car but the Black Opal didn`t seem to penetrate the tire as well, and as a result the shine (now 2 days later) is pretty crumby. Id rather not spray it cuz it stains my drive way.

I have to say one thing the tires gels have over the sprays is that they are MUCH easier to apply, make MUCH less mess, and therefore you don`t go through as much product. Then again mabey Im missing something.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!!

07-15-2001, 04:30 PM
I found that Meguiar`s Tire Gel was as messy as hell. All this black ooze would could out of the tire swipe. And it would still sling for me.

How about multiple coats of Black Opal applied with a tire swipe?

crimbeaux
07-15-2001, 05:01 PM
It`s all about using a sponge!

Liberally spray the sponge with any liquid tire dressing and swipe away! I go about 2 revolutions each way with 303, then let it dry for a while and wipe off any excess with a rag. The sponge conserves product and gets into all the lettering, etc. Perfect coverage and not messy at all.

Koyaanisqatsi
07-15-2001, 06:09 PM
I but the 99 cent sponges and cut them into 4 or 5 pieces then use them to apply the stuff. I am currently using up some black opal and then plan on getting some Zaino Z-16. Seem sot be the dressing of choice.

carljr1989
07-15-2001, 06:38 PM
Oily products attract a lot of dirt and become very messy after a while. Try switching to a non-oily product and clean your rubber before applying any dressing. Use a foam applicator for best results.

rstype
07-15-2001, 06:41 PM
What I do is pour a few drops of Z-16 onto a tire swipe, spread it around evenly, and wait. My tire(s) seem to absorb the Z-16 quickly, and wipe off the extra dressing with an old T-shirt. I like the results: Dark and a bit shiny, but I like the durability even more.

Anyone add a "spray-nozzle" to Z-16?

~BW

ru1thirst
07-15-2001, 07:51 PM
Only place I see is zainobros.com and a print out order form. Can you get this stuff elsewhere? If so, where is the best price? Thanks guys.

Andre'
07-15-2001, 08:05 PM
http://www.ecklers.com (`http://www.ecklers.com`)

Koyaanisqatsi
07-15-2001, 08:06 PM
I ahve it in work. I`ll post it tomorrow. You might want to try and doa search on here for z-16.

07-15-2001, 09:58 PM
Contact Zaino and ask for your nearest rep. Zaino is not *supposed* to be sold through the internet, or in conjunction with other product lines.

teamerickson
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks in advance for your help.

I recently got a black Mercedes and I`m getting sick of the small scratches and slight swirling. The car sat on the lot for about 8 months. I`ve always taken good care of my vechicles and I`m ready to become a novice polisher although I`m a little scared. I really don`t know or trust anyone in my area to do it. I`ve spent about 15 hours researching and reading forums. I`ve got a PC 7424xp with some Lake Counrty CCS pads (yellow, orange, white and black). I was thinking about starting with a lite polish (meguiars #9 or Menzerna FP II) to try and work out the spider webs with the oragne or white pad. How does that sound. Any advise?

Thanks again detail junkies! :wink:

imported_Flash Gordon
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Black pads w/ menzerna po85rd will remove 90% of minor swirls on your black Mercedes finish

The main coulprut of swirls will be you method of washing.Go with the 2 bucket/grit gaurd system

Director > May I suggest you check out PAC You can find everything you will need. 1 stop shopping ;)

Director > Welcome to TID, hope to see you around ;)

Old Pirate
10-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Hello and Welcome aboard teamerickson to TID. Both polishes should help out with a white or black pad, but I would also try our Meguiar`s M205 with the same pads you got there. It`s a stronger polish and should removed them better IMO It would be nice to see some pictures of your car and of those nasty swirls and minor scratches on it. Meguiar`s #9 is a cleaner/polish type of polish and Menzerna IP II is mostly cleaner with a small amount of polishing oils where No. 9 Swirl Remover is mostly a polish. If you do use them then start with the Menzerna FP II first with a white or Black pad then move on to the Meg`s #9 with a black pad. That will help to bring out the shine. But to remove them go with M205, hope this helps out.................Angelo

imported_Luster
10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
^^^ Do what he said. He`s a pretty smart guy!

I think all of us were a little apprehensive the first time we put a polisher and pad to the paint!

Just start with small areas 2` x 2`... Work your way to each area of the car, wipe with some nice microfiber towels... and finish up with a good sealant. You`ll be pleasantly suprised!:clap:

(I think it would be nearly impossible to burn the paint with a 7424XP.):D

Old Pirate
10-21-2009, 06:15 PM
^^^ Do what he said. He`s a pretty smart guy!

I think all of us were a little apprehensive the first time we put a polisher and pad to the paint!

Just start with small areas 2` x 2`... Work your way to each area of the car, wipe with some nice microfiber towels... and finish up with a good sealant. You`ll be pleasantly suprised!:clap:

(I think it would be nearly impossible to burn the paint with a 7424XP.):D

And yes, your safe with your 7424XP..........Remember always do your work in a 2` X 2` area.