PDA

View Full Version : things people should be warned about

TonyTahoe
07-14-2001, 06:57 PM
I have got a 1979 Mercedes that I bought from my mom and the front seats are really dirty - parchment color.

I have tried Lexol but it doesn`t go at it hard enough. What is the strongest stuff you can recommend?

07-14-2001, 07:15 PM
Briak recommends leatherique (www.leatherique.com). He was cool enough to send me some, but I haven`t had a chance to use it yet.

Lexol also has some "industrial strength" conditioner called "neetsfoot".

old_gonzo
07-14-2001, 09:41 PM
As it is an oil, and will PERMANENTLY darken your leather.

rockymountaindetail
10-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Thinking about things that most people need to be warned about. Don`t have to be car related but mine are:

1. snow scraper brushes --- holy crap!! these cheap things for sale in the supermarket and auto parts stores with a ice scraper and those harsh brushes should be outlawed. It`s amazing that even dumb people wouldn`t touch their cars with these the rest of the year with the car dry, but some really smart people take these things to their car with an inch or 2 of snow on them!! Scratches the hell out of them. I have told people while they were using them and they never really thought about the paint under the snow. It`s not an issue for you guys down south but anywhere it snows these things are doing damage!!

2. polished aluminum wheels ---- car guys know that these things take much effort to maintain. Unfortunately nobody at the tire/wheel store bothers to tell the average guy/gal. They see these awesome shiny rims, cheaper then the chrome ones and buy them. I see these people all over, Cars in pretty good shape but their wheels old, chalky and no shine because they just drive the car and wash it once and a while. I`m sure had they know BEFORE buying that that would happen they would have made a different choice. Most are so far gone I wouldn`t even try to polish them back!!!

I`m sure I`ll think of more later............

imported_Flash Gordon
10-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Director > The Stock Market will crash in December, maybe sooner

The Market has rebounded to 10k based on skued numbers.. Inaccurate Unemployment, ForeClosures and Consumer Spending just to name a few

Get Out Now....I Did :wink:

Old Pirate
10-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Director > The Stock Market will crash in December, maybe sooner

The Market has rebounded to 10k based on skued numbers.. Inaccurate Unemployment, ForeClosures and Consumer Spending just to name a few

Get Out Now....I Did :wink:

Flash, I`m at a lost for words on your comment.:huh:

imported_Flash Gordon
10-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Flash, I`m at a lost for words on your comment.:huh:

I`m sorry if this was offensive > :scared:

I "HONESTLY" hope I`m 100% wrong, but these numbers don`t jive with me > :out:

This Country has got itself into a huge mess that will not recover overnite, if ever. Maybe I`m wrong, but if I am it`ll be a 1st > :wink:

imported_Slik560
10-21-2009, 03:19 PM
We should add the SHAM-WOW to the list. :biggrin:

WonderTwin
10-21-2009, 11:26 PM
I don`t think you are too far off the mark, Flash. But its ok, the AP says that "Higher Jobless Rates Could Be the New Normal". BTW, this is an actual headline that appeared on the 20th.

Puckman
10-22-2009, 06:26 AM
buy and hold AAPL!

imported_POPPAJ
10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
buy and hold AAPL!

Mine`s up 85%, but a long way to go to beat Ford, a buy @ $1.48. :clap:

imported_gewb
10-23-2009, 08:20 PM
This week on national news I watched a guy use a wide blade metal coal shovel to push snow off the roof of his car!

:out::out::out::out::out::out::out::out::out::out: :out::out::out:

Regards,
GEWB

Old Pirate
10-23-2009, 08:21 PM
That`s one way to get the snow off.............:D

rockymountaindetail
10-24-2009, 09:13 AM
and I thought regular snow scraper are were bad!!