PDA

View Full Version : Snow Blowers (or if you prefer "Throwers")

Pages : [1] 2 3

YoSteve
07-14-2001, 02:49 PM
Why do Klassers Blitz?

07-14-2001, 02:54 PM
Well, for me, I do it because it`s overkill!

All an auto really needs is All-In-One, but seeing as we (or at least I do) spend hours a week on an auto detailing forum, we love overkill.

But seriously, a quality carnauba can give depth and warmth that only wax can do.

Klasse give superior protection and shine.

Couple the two and you have some big trouble on your hands;-)

ALM
07-14-2001, 03:00 PM
Well if you figure that Klasse lasts for 6 months, we need something to do the other 5, or we get antsy.

YoSteve
07-14-2001, 03:03 PM
Don`t you think that blitz offers extra protection on Klasse? I mean we QC wax on how well it beads and layering Blitz keeps beading in check. Therefore in our heads we say it`s good.

I still think in the grand scheme of things that Blitz might offer sacrifical protection. If you get yuck in your Blitz layer strip the Blitz and reapply and voila it looks good again (all while Klasse protection remains)

rmccall6
07-14-2001, 04:18 PM
You top Klasse with Blitz not primarily or protection but to add a deeper, richer look.

Jackal
07-14-2001, 05:30 PM
I have a related question:

It`s pretty dusty where I live in the summer, and it doesn`t take long for dust to settle on my car after spending a day making it shine.

Does the Blitz "repel" dust better than Klasse SG? I have SG on there now, and the dust seems to accumulate about as much as it used to with Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax.

If Blitz`ll repel dust better, I`ll top my SG with it for that reason alone :)

Jackal
07-14-2001, 05:32 PM
... and I do use a California car duster (very carefully, and only if I have a good thick protection coat on the car).

But if I can have much less dust "stick" to the car to begin with, I`m further ahead from the outset.

jkochis
07-14-2001, 08:28 PM
> Does the Blitz "repel" dust better than Klasse SG?

No. A garage repels the most dust.

old_gonzo
07-14-2001, 09:49 PM
I also do not feel that the Blitz helps to repel dust. It does, however, add a nice richness/depth to the finish.

Koyaanisqatsi
07-14-2001, 10:36 PM
As has been stated here many times the blitz adds depth. The Klasse has a different shine to it. A candy shine. I had blitz on my truck over top of 4 coats of SG. I had a big bird bomb hit the side of the truck. The BB stripped the Blitz off but didn`t remove the KLasse. You could see the candy shine of the blitz in a pattern of the BB. Pretty Kewl. Not to say the blitz doesn`t add protection but the Klasse is much better in that regard. I`ll say it again though that I just don`t care for the residue on my trim. 3M PI wax does a pretty darn good job of adding depth without the residue. and what the heck I wax it every couple of weeks anyway.

Don2000g
07-14-2001, 11:17 PM
depending on the climate you live in, Blitz can very well be a little bit of a dust magnet. I absolutely love this wax. Adds great depth and is pretty durable. Probably the most durable carnauba that I`ve worked with. Also very easy to work with and a tin can will last a very long time. At any rate, I and a few others have mentioned that Blitz seems to attract more dust than any other carnauba that I`ve ever worked with. No question about it. None! A few other regulars have reported this same thing. Even the moderator and creator of this forum David B. has mentioned this. He mentined before that Blitz can very well put an electric static charge onto the surface of your car. Result- dust magnet. Huy and others also come to mind. I live in South Texas by the way.

But then there are those individuals who, probably as a result of THEIR climate, don`t seem to have this dust problem. So to answer your question, no Blitz will NOT be the answer to your dust problems. It may or may not make it worse.

One wax that I`ve also worked with is Meguiar`s Medallion. I can honestly say that this wax does repel dust a bit more than all other waxes and sealants that I`ve tried. Laters.

Bruce
07-15-2001, 07:40 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve.Com [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Why do Klassers Blitz? [/b]</blockquote>Because they can.

Jackal
07-15-2001, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the info! I just read HenryK`s reply in another thread about buffing making the static charge on the paint that attracts the dust, and it seems to make perfect sense. Rubbing fibres in dry conditions does indeed transfer a static charge.

He suggested QD spray to aid in dispersion of the aforementioned static, and I`ll certainly give that a try.

I wonder... would that "Static Guard" spray stuff harm the car, if used very sparingly on the buffing towels to keep static down? This is for the final buffing of course, after all layers of Klasse and/or wax are down.

DETAILKING
07-15-2001, 10:07 PM
It could be possible that your towels have built up a static charge. To be sure, let them air dry, take them out of the dryer when they are damp and let them air dry to finish...

On the flip side, carnubas tend to attract more dust than polmers. It is because of the oils in the formulation. EVERY carnuba has to contain some type of oil (mineral, silicone,etc). It is the only way to attain a shine in a carnuba system. These oils tend to attract dust more than a polymer type product.....

DETAILKING
07-16-2001, 11:29 AM
If some lint does come off on the car, it blows off the first time I drive it. Does any one else have that problem? Maybe KLASSE is not anti-static?!?